Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    What is the difference between the WAY DOWN IN THE RUST BUCKET 4-LP set and the set with the 4-LP and the CD/DVD? It's the same box but they have just thrown in the CD and the DVD in the box? 

Or does it differ in any way... packaging wise?
    Believe it's the same and not really worth the difference in price.  If you want the video I'll send it to you. 
    Its just 10 dollars difference here in Sweden. Expensive to begin with though. 

But I think I'll stick with just the vinyl anyways :)
    Oh it was $30 difference here if I remember. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What is the difference between the WAY DOWN IN THE RUST BUCKET 4-LP set and the set with the 4-LP and the CD/DVD? It's the same box but they have just thrown in the CD and the DVD in the box? 

Or does it differ in any way... packaging wise?
    Believe it's the same and not really worth the difference in price.  If you want the video I'll send it to you. 
    Its just 10 dollars difference here in Sweden. Expensive to begin with though. 

But I think I'll stick with just the vinyl anyways :)
    Oh it was $30 difference here if I remember. 
    It has been lowered here on one site, with CD, DVD and LPs: $116  - Just the LPs: $105
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Just bought:

Return to Greendale
    Young Shakespeare
    Live at Carneige Hall
    The Times
    Down in the Rust Bucket

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Heading West" sounds very Broken Arrow. I like it!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    For my birthday this year, I obtained a copy of Greendale (book) signed by Neil and the illustrator. Nice piece for the collection.
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    any news about a repress of dreamin man live 92?
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    edited November 2021
    Air23 said:
    Underrated PS release for sure. All of the early 2000's albums need a repress. They are the most expensive titles in his catalog. I think we will see a reissue of unplugged next.  
    Post edited by shorty4568 on
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Air23 said:
    Underrated PS release for sure. All of the early 2000's albums needs a repress. They are the most expensive titles in his catalog. I think we will see a reissue of unplugged next.  
     You just made me have heart palpitations.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

With this schedule, why do you see Unplugged next?
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

I thinking next in the PS series but it might be released under ORS based on this. Regardless I think they will use their limited press time in 2022 for new titles vs repressing older titles. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

I thinking next in the PS series but it might be released under ORS based on this. Regardless I think they will use their limited press time in 2022 for new titles vs repressing older titles. 
    It's all Adele's fault
  • Stop everything and focus on releasing the Dublin show on an UHD and a vinyl release of the show.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

The release schedule was "lost" a while ago:

It looks like we'll only get 'Barn' this year now. I say only, it will still be Neil's 4th release of 2021  :)

Even if the rest of albums on that original list are released in the same order, there's a lot to get through before we get to ORS #6 (the Harvest Moon, Unplugged, Sleeps With Angels, Mirror ball box)

(Tim Rogers)
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

It's all Adele's fault
    is there really that high of demand for adele vinyl?...her fans don't strike me as those tuned into the analog listening experience.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

It's all Adele's fault
    is there really that high of demand for adele vinyl?...her fans don't strike me as those tuned into the analog listening experience.
    Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish sell "alot"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

It's all Adele's fault
    Yeah. Older demographic, more disposable income. Also Big Box retailers don't mind sitting on stock. Harry Styles sold a quarter of a million records of his album last ever, his fanbase is younger. I don't think its an unreasonable gambit to press half a million copies. 
    Lets be honest, most people buying records today aren't in in it for the analog experience. they just want the tangible.

static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would love that.. 

that or Mirror Ball. 

It's all Adele's fault
    Word is that Sony is printing 500k copies.  That's a crazy amount.  It was in Variety. 
    So many store exclusives for it too. I believe it.
    'Barn' - official trailer

https://youtu.be/pP9rZKBV7RY

(Tim Rogers)
    News from the Archives...
    'Fresh tracks' and a collection from 1987 named "Summer Songs" that is being worked on

(Tim Rogers)
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    goldrush said:

Great seeing those guys together and sounding so good! Really looking forward to hearing what they have cooking in this new record.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    goldrush said:

Awesome!  Thank you for posting this!
    I am so totally looking forward to this record!  Any word on release date?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Pretty sure its out next week, 10th December! I really liked Colorado so looking forward to this one a lot.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Edved82 said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Pretty sure its out next week, 10th December! I really liked Colorado so looking forward to this one a lot.

Ooh wee!  Long live The Horse!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I'm 70 and I had this dream last night that I was even older and I looked like hell (I mean even more than I already do) and I was weak and sickly (like, more than I am), and old and pathetic. And now I'm seeing these videos of Crazy Horse kicking it in the Barn and, well damn it, I'm going to get off my butt and buy a new amp and get that old red guitar down off the wall and get may ass in gear again. Screw this old man shit. I'm getting it back together again. If they can do it at their advanced age, I have no excuses.
    Thank you, Neil, Billy, Ralph, Nils, thank you forever.