Options

Creed or Nickelback?

If you had to go to one show. Or listen to one album by them on your commute to work.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Creed or Nickelback? 24 votes

Creed
58%
SpartanacushalvmookieblalockLukinFanBrainofBGADewieCoxJT167846May 30theddiecjeff2040nicknyr15OffSheGoes35drakeheuer14hihobibo 14 votes
Nickelback
41%
GibsonchittygoldrushComeToTXOf The AggieZodBLACK35EarlWelshtempo_n_groovemschostok 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,118
    Nickelback
    Technically I've seen both.   Creed was at the Edgefest festival in '98, and one of my best friends friends used to drum in nickelback so we used to go see shows in their indie days.

I vote nickelback in their indie days before they went bland and generic with their rock.  I still like the album Curb which is a few albums before the one that made them famous :)
  • Options
    Creed
    I like Creed more
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,708
    no
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Creed
    mickeyrat said:
    no
    You're cool, we get it.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,708
    mickeyrat said:
    no
    You're cool, we get it.

oh so I cant have my own tastes and refuse to listen to what I dont care for? thanks for letting me know. I have been doing it wrong all this time.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Creed
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    no
    You're cool, we get it.

oh so I cant have my own tastes and refuse to listen to what I dont care for? thanks for letting me know. I have been doing it wrong all this time.
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I vote Default. A band in the middle of these two! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    Creed
    Creed because I kind of dig the songs Little Sister and One and every once in awhile I can appreciate With Arms Wide Open. Don't really care for any Nickelback songs that i can think of. Too bad as they are from my hometown.

Side stories - When Creed were in Edmonton for Edgefest they stayed at a hotel I worked at and I booked a golf tee time for them and got them a car to get them there. I saw Nickelback open for The Tea Party at a tiny club for a secret show hosted by Pepsi. Nickelback were complete unknowns at the time. I remember not liking them very much but for one song they had their cousin come up and play drums and they did a rap cover which was kind of fun. 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,691
    Hmmm, a manifesto or small change.  Gotta give that one some more thought.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 811
    Creed
    Creed riffs are fun as to play. It's more Stapp that makes you want to dislike the band than the other guys-Alter Bridge is awesome and the other three lads definitely regained some cool points there. Add one of the best singers in the business, some ridiculous guitar wankery and tune down a half step (with a few exceptions of course) and you have a kickarse band.

Saw Nickelback open for Bon Jovi once. Good solid opening band. Great at what they do, just what they do is very meh to me.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Creed
    I didn't care for either band when they were both popular. As a person who bought every CD, had numerous BMG/Columbia House memberships, I still never bought one of either band's albums. I've never knocked anyone who has, or made fun of either band, I just couldn't get into their generic rock when I could listen to STP, AIC, PJ, etc.

But I have been going back and giving some bands a chance, and I will say, I like Creed now. They had a lot of hits, and the music is pretty good. My wife likes Nickelback, and while some of their songs are heavy, it just sounds so bland to me, so I can't get into them. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,525
    edited November 2021
    Nickelback
    Nickelback has a solid first 3-4 albums, and I stand by that. Ya just need to remember that they're all about sex, drugs, and rock & roll. Their  formula of making a cash cow out of one rock style never really broke, so there was no need to fix. The major reason the public hates the band is because they became larger than life. Yeah - they're a parody of themselves now, but there are a lot of fans that go see a lot of bands for the first half of a musical career.

I don't see much of a difference between what Nickelback does to many of the hair bands of the 80s.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Nickelback
    I first remember Nickelbacks song Too Bad.  It was a good song.  I still enjoy it.  Then I heard that Something in your Mouth song years later, that was really cringe worthy.  How the hell that got air time was beyond me...

Creed?  I think I liked the opening guitar riff of once.  Other than that I never heard anything at all I enjoyed from them...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    I'd honestly stay at home. I don't know a lot about either band, but I know that I haven't been a fan of what I've heard. Just my opinion...not trying to be cool or a snob at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,275
    Nickelback
    Nickelback… if they were opening a festival and there were a bunch of other bands after them to cleanse my soul
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Nickelback
    Zod said:
    Technically I've seen both.   Creed was at the Edgefest festival in '98, and one of my best friends friends used to drum in nickelback so we used to go see shows in their indie days.

I vote nickelback in their indie days before they went bland and generic with their rock.  I still like the album Curb which is a few albums before the one that made them famous :)

Curb and The State, albums almost no one knows, were above average hard rock albums by Nickelback. They hit it big on their next album and went completely cheesy, but I still listen to those first two often. It of course helps I was coming of age then, live in Vancouver, where they played countless small clubs, so I have good memories.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,495
    The music itself for Nickelback isn't too bad, it is just the singing that makes it a no for me. There is just something about that guy's voice that I just can't take.