Options

2024 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 13.

Comments

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    Renewed my Talladega tickets today. 💪
    My bucket list is to RV in the infield one day.
    One of my college buddies keeps trying to rally our group of friends to do this.
    Not sure it is what I want for a guy's getaway with my buds but I bet it would be fun.
    Depending on what you want out of a mancation the pits and the infield are a world by itself with an amazing look at what happens at a NASCAR race with a birds eye view of it.

I highly recommend renting a scanner from the track too.  This shows ALL the stats, lap times, splits, etc.  It was well worth it and helped my inner crew chief understand a whole lot of the race.

Well, we usually are fishing, somewhere very remote & where we can do/say/act exactly how we think fits that moment.
    Basically, the guy trip is where we act like a bunch of 20 year old idiots for some of the time, and like a group of dudes just about 50 the rest of the time.
    None of us are NASCAR folks - so, while the party scene is top notch, and the RV game I am sure has extreme highs and lows...I am just not sure how it fits.

Pretty sure the inner crew chief will be pushed aside by the inner 20 year old.  :lol:     

That stated, it is something one of the guys keeps hammering on. 
    I keep pushing Alaska / taking a plane to a remote spot / fishing, camping, etc.
    We have done Hawaii, Keys, LA, SF, LV, Chi, Miami, NOLA...and pre-Covid we did at least one Louisiana Bayou trip (usually more) per year for about 20 years straight.
    Do Alaska.  It's worth it.  Having worked there it has a lot of neat things to take in even if you decide to drink and hunt salmon w a pitchfork.

Nice.  This is a GREAT idea!
    lol.  It can be done if you are near the rivers or brooks where they all come in.  You could catch them by hand too.  just be mindful if bears are in the area.  Drunk and angry bear do not mix.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I got a cousin who does the Michigan infield twice a year pre Covid (she’s Canadian).  She’s been doing it for 20 years.  Absolutely loves it.  Just remember drinking and loud country music happens all night…so you don’t get much sleep.  Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The final 4 are locked in…it’ll take a miracle for anyone to catch Larson.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I don't see how it'll take a miracle for anyone to catch him....winner takes all in next race, doesn't it?
    Flipped over to watch the last 20-30 laps.  Interesting ending!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Woooooooooooo!

What a race!

So Larson, Elliott, Truex jr and Hamlin are your final four.  It was the last 20 laps though where it got interesting…

Bowman won the race.  He did so though by riding up high into race leader Hamlin and spun him out.  Hamlin was top four in the cup and was lucky to still make it in.

At the finish line is where it got interesting.  As Bowman was getting ready to celebrate Hamlin showed up, bumper to bumper, showing his displeasure.  Bowman moved and Hamlin followed.  At one point Hamlin was full throttle into him.  Hamlin radio got in his ear to keep him cool and he yielded.  During his interview on pit row he was not happy.  Well worth a watch this last 5 minutes of the race!!!

Truex was banged up and had steam coming out at one time.  For him to make it was a miracle.

Busch went hard and tried.  He just missed out.  it’s a shame because that guy puts his heart on his sleeve every race.

Fantastic race.  Give it a watch!!!

I’d like Hendricks to win bit Hamlin is a favorite of mine.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The son's favorite is Hamlin and the guy I chose to root for is Bowman.  Funny to see that at the finish.
    Told the 7 year old when he returned from trick or treating that he is gonna find this watch very exciting.  He just watched the first 100 or so laps on DVR   will watch throughout the week as he has time.  Thankful his guy made the final and think he has a good shot.
  • Options
    so they discard points in the final race?  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I think so.  Whomever finishes at the top of the group of four is the winner.
    Tempo can confirm or correct if I am mistaken.  Only started paying attention again recently since my son loves it.
  • Options
    That shall make for a great race..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The son's favorite is Hamlin and the guy I chose to root for is Bowman.  Funny to see that at the finish.
    Told the 7 year old when he returned from trick or treating that he is gonna find this watch very exciting.  He just watched the first 100 or so laps on DVR   will watch throughout the week as he has time.  Thankful his guy made the final and think he has a good shot.
    Oh man.  He is in for a treat.

This one almost, almost, tops the Kenneth wrecking Logano and Gordon advancing in the chase series.  I appreciate a little bit of pettiness, lol.

Earlier in the race, I forget who, a driver spun out another car and got a 5 lap penalty.  Mind you this was under caution so there were plenty of other personnel out there and that penalty was justified.
  • Options
    I think so.  Whomever finishes at the top of the group of four is the winner.
    Tempo can confirm or correct if I am mistaken.  Only started paying attention again recently since my son loves it.
    Yes.  Next race at Phoenix decides the cup winner.

I am rooting for Truex and Hamlin.  If Larson wins that would be one hell of a story considering he is very much still lucky to even be racing.
  • Options
    My son calls Chase Elliott, Smelliott.  So, we will be rooting for Hamlin first and probably Truex second....Larson third...and Smelliott last.  :lol:    

Being a USC alum I am looking forward to the dash/race they are staging at the Coli next year.  1/4 mile run, inside the most historic American stadium? 
    NASCAR is on top of their marketing game.  Sure, their sport is mostly cheered on by a bunch of hillbillies but they are open/willing to do any sort of things which sound interesting to try and drive eyeballs beyond the hard core fans to their events. 
  • Options
    My son calls Chase Elliott, Smelliott.  So, we will be rooting for Hamlin first and probably Truex second....Larson third...and Smelliott last.  :lol:    

Being a USC alum I am looking forward to the dash/race they are staging at the Coli next year.  1/4 mile run, inside the most historic American stadium? 
    NASCAR is on top of their marketing game.  Sure, their sport is mostly cheered on by a bunch of hillbillies but they are open/willing to do any sort of things which sound interesting to try and drive eyeballs beyond the hard core fans to their events. 
    Thanks for the reminder.  I've seen the rams, raiders, USC and multiple motor x events at that stadium.  Never did I think that a NASCAR event would be held there...
  • Options

Thanks for the reminder.  I've seen the rams, raiders, USC and multiple motor x events at that stadium.  Never did I think that a NASCAR event would be held there...

Not sure how it could be...but we will see.
    Grew up where the town next to us had a 1/4 mile track.  Used to go a handful of times every year.  My brother's first house was a short walk from the track...the idea that something this size will be raced on by the big time cars is beyond nuts.

Can't wait to see that.
  • Options
    To further blow my mind, I run at our local track 4 days a week -- 1/4 mile.

Thunder Road. 
    This pic makes it look bigger than it is./

This is more like what it normally looks like (without showing "the hill")

• Options

Thunder Road. 

You ever go to Saugus Speedway?
  • Options

Thunder Road. 

No, but I know someone who swore by the bargains they got at "The Swap Meet by Magic Mountain" -- which when I looked up that speedway I see it is at the same spot. 
  • Options

Thunder Road. 

No, but I know someone who swore by the bargains they got at "The Swap Meet by Magic Mountain" -- which when I looked up that speedway I see it is at the same spot. 
    Yes!  That's it!  It closed down in the 90's I believe because the owner didn't want to make changes to update the safety.  My cousin dated a driver who was a legend in that area.  You could hear the cars all through the valley at night back when there were far fewer houses in that area.
  • Options
    Chase Elliot wins back to back championships.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Larson has the best chance but I think Hamlin finally does it.
  • Options
    Tough to pick against the guy who won by far the most times this year....but hoping Larson trips up somehow.
  • Options
    Why.  If the points are out of the equation then they all have an equal chance, yes/no and Elliot has won a championship…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Why.  If the points are out of the equation then they all have an equal chance, yes/no and Elliot has won a championship…
    Because Larson has been the most dominant racer all year and Hamlin has been great the last few races.

I won't cancel Elliot but I like the other 2 over him.

It's a big racetrack in PHX and that favors the Hendricks cars.  They had 2 in the top 5 and all 4 in the top 20 at Martinsville.  If the ball bounced a little better Lord Byron would be the 3rd Hendick car in this final...
  • Options
    Because Larson has been the most dominant racer all year and Hamlin has been great the last few races.

I won't cancel Elliot but I like the other 2 over him.

It's a big racetrack in PHX and that favors the Hendricks cars.  They had 2 in the top 5 and all 4 in the top 20 at Martinsville.  If the ball bounced a little better Lord Byron would be the 3rd Hendick car in this final...

Or Bowman.  That team is stacked.
    Larson has to be the clear favorite  - doesn't mean he wins but odds have to be strong on him.

• Options
    Lol.  It’s fucking NASCAR.  Your race could be over in lap 1.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    If you aren’t watching you are missing out.  The top 4 cars w 25 to go are all four chase cars…
  • Options
    Wooooooooo!

Larson wins it and wins the championship!  Double dipping!

man what a fun race.

Multiple lead changes w the 4 chase cars leading at different times.  Man.

Truex tried, almost got hammered when he pitted and a yellow came out.

See you all in February!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Congrats Kyle Larsons...10 win season and a championship.  He sure made the best of his 2nd chance.  Hendrick what a team he built...decade after decade he always has stable of good drivers...no one else does it better.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    He should thank Elliot for helping him out...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

New season!  2022 is here!.

I should be going to the damn coliseum but...

This weekend the race will be on dirt brought in to fill the coliseum and make a 1/4 mile oval track much like they did in Bristol last year.
    Why NASCAR Going to the LA Memorial Coliseum Is Bananas  and Brilliant
    I have watched motoX at the coliseum before and it's amazing how they transform the infield.  Even if you're not a fan you would enjoy seeing this.

After that we've got Daytona so it will be some fun the next few weeks!