Options

european crowd impressions

bukonsevenbukonseven Posts: 7
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
- I posted this on the Arnhem fan views post, but I'd like to get some answers from fans who went to the other shows, too -

It was once again an awesome performance - but one thing mentioned earlier bugged me a bit. I was not up front, but behind the second barrier, about 20 metres away, in front of Mike.

Now get me right, I'm no bully and in 2000 I made my exit to go further back after like six songs because people were pushing so much.

But how come theses days people don't even dance or jump no more?

I did that all the time, but whenever some people right behind me started to pogue a little, the security guys started yelling at them. Nobody wants shit to happen, but security (who stil did a good job) yelling at fans - that's what creates bad blood!

C'mon, with the big barriers and Eddie telling us to take care of each other (which they/we did!), what's the big deal. It used to be A LOT more aggressive than last night.

So let'em dance!

The band is showing no sign of getting older, why must the crowd?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    I didn't see anything like this at dublin, and i was in the pit...
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    showing my young age.. I've never been to a GA PJ show so can't comment but some fans just like to stand their and soak it all up thats ok right..
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Absolutely - as I said when I went to a show a couple of years back, I went out of the pit several times to just enjoy the atmosphere.
  • Options
    and there was no such thing. Was in the front pit and it looked to me that the pair of security guys amongst the crowd were more interested in listening to PJ than to stop any moshing. And I must say, mosh we did. But it was all in a good hearted feeling kinda way. Tripped once and there were 4 or 5 hands to help me up. So i think the crowds are fantastic and security wasn't bad either.
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    and there was no such thing. Was in the front pit and it looked to me that the pair of security guys amongst the crowd were more interested in listening to PJ than to stop any moshing. And I must say, mosh we did. But it was all in a good hearted feeling kinda way. Tripped once and there were 4 or 5 hands to help me up. So i think the crowds are fantastic and security wasn't bad either.

Here here... got it spot on, the 2 roaming security guards were kind of non-exsistent (which was a good thing)

AND WHAT A GIG!!!