framed poster thread

Comments

• moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    Has anyone come across this "floating" art trend in framing or had it done? Seems like its really popular right now. I feel like it doesn't work well with concert poster art. 
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2021
    moses-i said:
    Has anyone come across this "floating" art trend in framing or had it done? Seems like its really popular right now. I feel like it doesn't work well with concert poster art. 
    Our Cracker Jack is floating. Looks decent.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • TWHolt said:
    Finally got one of my PJ20's framed.

Nice setup you have there. Looks great

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    dankind said:
    moses-i said:

What makes is 'floating'?  No mat?  How did you secure it?
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 114
    moses-i said:
    I just used it for a map that I had framed. it ws old and the wedges look weathered and it was ripped and tattered. it looked like it was ripped from an old book. its floating and looks cool. might want to take into account the poster and the edges. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    moses-i said:

No clue. You'd have to ask the framer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    moses-i said:

I think it's just the pressure from the back of the frame that makes it float. I have a couple of floating frames---they look nice and they're not too pricey. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Old pic of jc dad and mom from my grandma's wall with john paul ringo and george chillin upside down.  I think they'd all like that.
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    moses-i said:

I think it's just the pressure from the back of the frame that makes it float. I have a couple of floating frames---they look nice and they're not too pricey. 
    Oh I didn't realize the frame was different.  Thanks.  

I still like mats.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited October 2021
    For those who’ve used Art to Frames or other online services, have you done it without mats?

Hoping to match the frame style of existing posters on my wall but remembered my former framing hookup put spacers or something to prevent the poster from touching the glass directly. Not sure how that process goes or what I’d need to buy to make that happen.

That's a cool poster.  Did you go to this show?  What's teh story on Brittany Howard these days.  She was great fronting the Shakes but you could tell she was bigger than the band.  However, I lost track of her after she left.  
  • Not a poster - but still a framed PJ item that I always enjoy looking at.

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Not a poster - but still a framed PJ item that I always enjoy looking at.

Dude, that is awesome! What a creative way to display those pins! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Thanks! Enamel pins are just another fun thing to collect. Not big on the plastic type ones
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Not a poster - but still a framed PJ item that I always enjoy looking at.

Dude, that is awesome! What a creative way to display those pins! 
    +1 

Nice job… might have to steal that! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mrussel1 said:

That's a cool poster.  Did you go to this show?  What's teh story on Brittany Howard these days.  She was great fronting the Shakes but you could tell she was bigger than the band.  However, I lost track of her after she left.  
    Yeah I was there. First row Jim’s side. Show was on the slower song side but fun nonetheless. 
    Britney Howard was a great opener. She played her solo stuff and completely can hold a crowd on her own. I would see her if she came around. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601

Bit of a basement refresh. 

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Looks great!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    Looks great!
    Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks great Matt!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks great Matt!
    Thanks, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 274
    edited November 2021

Here's my Ohana Encore haul. I went with non-matted, color frames after the home and road shows to save space and money if I keep doing this and I have been really happy.

Not sure how they translate on here, but I am happy with the results. I really like the Ames a lot, and knew I would. Funny enough the basic black I'm warming up to but am sort of unsure about, but when getting it set up could seem to match a good color. 
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Got the space looking great! Fond memories of that summer 18’ jam session in that room! 
    www.cluthelee.com

Here's my Ohana Encore haul. I went with non-matted, color frames after the home and road shows to save space and money if I keep doing this and I have been really happy.

Not sure how they translate on here, but I am happy with the results. I really like the Ames a lot, and knew I would. Funny enough the basic black I'm warming up to but am sort of unsure about, but when getting it set up could seem to match a good color. 
    They look great!!!

Got the space looking great! Fond memories of that summer 18’ jam session in that room! 
    We’ll do it again soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    mfc2006 said:

Nice job bro
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Maybe too much yellow. Looked good on paper haha.
    mfc2006 said:

Nice job bro
    Thanks!

Maybe too much yellow. Looked good on paper haha.
    I like it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com