Options

Any wrestling fans?

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I tuned in to see Jericho make his return. I enjoyed the pop he got, but unless there is a major shake up with the writing staff, his return is pointless.

He'll be shoveling dog poop in 6 months.

PBM
    Like a bunch of the other guys, he's lost a lot of size...wonder why??? :rolleyes: I still can't believe that they're letting Orton run around with the belt....what an asshat....and a ratings killer.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I stayed up until 4am watching RAW last night, and i loved the return of Y2J! He got a great reaction when he hit the marathon runner and did his pose backstage. I was dying for him to insult Orton and mention how boring he is, and he certainly delivered. Maybe now that someone has actually straight up stated that Orton has a boring personality they might take notice and realise that Orton is a piece of worthless crap.

Y2J's return was the most exciting thing in wrestling this year.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Randy Orton is lame...in a "you have no heat, you are just lame" kind of way.

I haven't watched RAW in a long time, but tuned in to see Jericho's return.

I watched parts of the rest of the show...but mostly I TiVo'd through it.

Very boring and cookie cutter.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Randy Orton is lame...in a "you have no heat, you are just lame" kind of way.
    :p:p The Jeri-code tagline was also a bit lame as well.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    You know how when the Ultimate Warrior left, and they had the Texas Tornado pose as him? I think they did the same thing here, only instead of the real Jericho, we got Jon Bon Jovi.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    The man, the myth..............

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4NuGAvHOLqg
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    You know how when the Ultimate Warrior left, and they had the Texas Tornado pose as him? I think they did the same thing here, only instead of the real Jericho, we got Jon Bon Jovi.

Jim Hellwig was always The Ultimate Warrior.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    The man, the myth..............

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4NuGAvHOLqg

I'm actually surprised that Vince didn't exploit the 10 year anniversary of the "Screw Job".

PBM

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I'm actually surprised that Vince didn't exploit the 10 year anniversary of the "Screw Job".

PBM

Ahh, the infamous. Vince is a douche
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options

PBM

Hasn't he done the "screw job" to Foley and Shawn since then though? Thats exploiting it enough.
  • Options
    Hasn't he done the "screw job" to Foley and Shawn since then though? Thats exploiting it enough.

Yeah, but it was the 10th anniversary...I figured he would try to cash in one more time.

Actually, I'm surprised he didn't return to Montreal. That would have been a money-maker.

PBM

• Options
    Yeah, but it was the 10th anniversary...I figured he would try to cash in one more time.

Actually, I'm surprised he didn't return to Montreal. That would have been a money-maker.

PBM

Yeah I actually thought when Teddy Hart was supposed to come up he would have been involved in some Screwjob Part II. But I think they cut him.
  • Options
    Yeah I actually thought when Teddy Hart was supposed to come up he would have been involved in some Screwjob Part II. But I think they cut him.

What's wrong with Teddy? Is he that hard to deal with? With his pedigree, you'd think he'd be a shoe-in somewhere.

PBM

• Options
    What's wrong with Teddy? Is he that hard to deal with? With his pedigree, you'd think he'd be a shoe-in somewhere.

PBM

Something about him having an attitude problem. Obviously bad enough to where he got his release. At one point they were supposed to be doing a New Hart Foundation with Harry Smith, Dibiase JR and Anvil's daughter (??).
  • Options
    Something about him having an attitude problem. Obviously bad enough to where he got his release. At one point they were supposed to be doing a New Hart Foundation with Harry Smith, Dibiase JR and Anvil's daughter (??).

And apparently, Bret Hart was actually considering making a one-time only appearance to bring the New Hart Foundation in. He had been approached and was thinking about it. Obviously, it's not going to happen anymore. Just imagine if they'd got that arranged and did it in Canada. It would be chaos.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options

PBM

Well, considering he's burned bridges in ROH, TNA, and now WWE, it's gonna be a bit tougher for him.
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    The Rock as the Corporate Champ
    was the greatest period ever.
    His matches with Mankind were epic.
    His second "heel" turn in 2003 was funny as hell
    When The Rock left, that was death of wrestling. :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am not a wrestling fan but i'm going to Wrestlemania in Atlanta just because it is Wrestlemania.

should be a good time :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I am not a wrestling fan but i'm going to Wrestlemania in Atlanta just because it is Wrestlemania.

Right on man.

I went to Wrestlemania 3 at the Silverdome in Pontiac. Hogan slamming Andre. I was 10. Good times.

PBM

• Options
    intodeep wrote:

You catch that Hulk Hogan Profile show I think it was on A&E ?

Pretty good show
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    You catch that Hulk Hogan Profile show I think it was on A&E ?

Pretty good show

I saw it Sunday morning. I just read online that Linda was quoted in the NY Times about the show. She says he is an adulterer and he cheating lead to the dissolvement of their marriage.

She has a new book coming out next summer.

PBM

• Options
    I go back to the Stampede Wresting Days.....every Saturday at 3pm me and my brother would kick the shit out of eachother :) Hell I even remember (Im 36) when Stu Hart was still wrestling with a mask and beating up people with a boot.
    Me and my brother both went on to have fairly successfull careers in amateur olympic style wresting. Davey Boy Smith, Makah Sing and the Honkey Tonk Man were the shit, we have them to thank.
    Honkey Tonk was actually just wrestling in Red Deer
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    intodeep wrote:

Right on man.

I went to Wrestlemania 3 at the Silverdome in Pontiac. Hogan slamming Andre. I was 10. Good times.

PBM

Didn't know there was a wrestling thread. WM 3 is probably my fav Wm of all time. I was at Wm XV in philly. When i was younger i was a huge fan. UP until about 5 years ago i still watched it but not as much as i used to. BTW congrats to the new WWE Champion because he is AWESOME! :lol:

16397934_crop_340x234.jpg?1290627667
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly