** ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING (Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez) **

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited September 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
Watch it.

Hulu. And Disney+.

Nice little show. Five episodes out of 10 released. 
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Watch it.

Hulu. And Disney+.

Nice little show. Five episodes out of 10 released. 
    I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I have liked the ones I have seen. The Sting cameo was fun.
  • Wasn't a huge fan of episode 5. I think mainly because it took place completely outside of their apartment complex. It felt like a reverse "bottle episode".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Nice show. Seen all the episodes now.

Not a fan of the motive for the murder. Another psychopath murdering because she was "crazy" and loved what she was doing. Would have enjoyed a more realistic take on it. 

• This show is cute.  I love Steve Martin and Martin Short together.  Selena Gomez brings in a different depth to it.  She can act.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Watched the last episode last night. I enjoyed the show and look forward to another season. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited January 2023
    looking forward to this. should be a riot...
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Haven't finished the third season. But it has been renewed for a fourth. 
  • controller4onecontroller4one Texas Posts: 8
    F'ing love this show.  Ok, really in love with Selena Gomez, but the show is great
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    It’s funny, I was just thinking that I love this show in spite of Selena Gomez. Steve Martin and Martin Short are perfect for it, and the supporting roles are really well cast, I just don’t like SG.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • controller4onecontroller4one Texas Posts: 8
    The cast is excellent.  Always sad when the season is over.

What's wrong with Selena?

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I've never seen a more monotone delivery than Selena.  Her character is fine, but her delivery is just off.  She did smile and laugh a few times this season which was nice to see. 

• I've never seen a more monotone delivery than Selena.  

Isn't that he endearing part.

Contrast that to over-the-top Martin Short

and you get a nice balance. 

But yeah, sometimes it feels like she's just running the lines to herself to see if she remembers the words.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I've never seen a more monotone delivery than Selena.  

Isn't that he endearing part.

Contrast that to over-the-top Martin Short

and you get a nice balance. 

But yeah, sometimes it feels like she's just running the lines to herself to see if she remembers the words.
    Yeah, it’s the same monotone, one-expression delivery every episode. It feels like the character is written as the deadpan foil to the Martin & Short double act, but the performance is more like a sulky teenager.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)