13»

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    edited October 2021
    Loujoe said:
    Halloweeney. I like spiders. That big, I'd avoid! 
    If you shine a flashlight in the grass at night you can see the reflective eyes of wolf spiders. 
    My friend told me you are rarely less than 6 feet away from a spider.

Whoa!  Cool.  Gotta try that!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    I like spiders as well. I never kill them. When I was a kid a spider built a nest in between my screen and outside bedroom window. It laid eggs. I spent so much time just sitting on my bed watching the nest and waiting for the babies to come out. It was like my own personal Charlotte’s Web. Of course I have never encountered a giant tarantula in the wild or the crazy poisonous spiders they have in Australia. I did come home from Costa Rica with a huge spider bite on my back. The doctor said if it was going to hurt me I would already be sick. It eventually went away with no after effects. 
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Oh God, I can't even look at this post, I hate them.  If I encounter one I will grab any type of aerosol spray close at hand and spray it from across the room and yell, DIE, MF'ER, DIE.  I know it sounds mean, but spiders scare me more than anything.  Now I have to go and deprogram myself; get this thread out of my head so I don't have nightmares tonight.
  • Options
    A web I just saw has a mass of harchlings on it. Really miraculous when you tune into the natural world.
  • Options

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    depends on when and how we meet...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Friend. They're interesting creatures, and the sight of a dew-covered web in the early morning is a beautiful thing. 

The fact that they get rid of far more annoying creatures is a big bonus. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    Feeder had been up less than 24 hrs.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Friend. They're interesting creatures, and the sight of a dew-covered web in the early morning is a beautiful thing. 

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    mickeyrat said:

Loujoe said:

Marvels of nature 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Helps that not any where I live are poisonous. I lived by black widows and had to kill a couple. Relocated one. Then when they started getting into my garage had to begrudgingly squash a few.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    mickeyrat said:

Beautiful!!

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2021
    Foe.
    The worst thing is when they hang down from their web when you're driving as you have to push them away safely without harming them or driving dangerously.
  • Options
    OK, heads up, not a story the arachnophobia prone will enjoy:

The only time I've really had an issue with spiders was one day when I was lying on my back in bed with my head propped up, reading a book.  All of the sudden, I felt a thunk on my chest and moved my book aside and found myself look right at the biggest wolf spider I'd ever seen.  HELLO!  I sprung out of bed like a jack-in-the-box!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    It was probably going for a drink from your eyeballs or mouth.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Your mitt has more spiderwebs than a No Doubt set list, Mary-Anne."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    It was probably going for a drink from your eyeballs or mouth.

LOL!
    yikes