WTF...Ames sells out in minutes...Pettibon lasts all day

andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
no other explanation other than.....

herd behaviour  ! ! ! !
Any new realizations... would have to wait...
Til he had more time,... more time...
Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
To himself... I'll see you on the other side...

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    It went up late in day and was gone by early morning.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Flip-a-Bility 
  • jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
    I was refreshing my browser at 12:59 and then again at 1:00….. by the time I got to the Ames checkout page, it kicked my order out for the GTD variant. Sold out. I was within seconds, at least. By the time I refreshed to buy a glitter variant….. gone. Same with the regular. Had to go to psycho therapy because of this failure.

Not to get personal; but since I have a head injury and relentless insomnia….. I was hoping the GTD variant would allow me to gaze into the moonlit wave, for hours, and meditate into natural slumber without these darn sleeping pills. 

Oh well. Desire begets suffering. So I let it go.
    Temple_Of_Belltown
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    jgmoch said:
    I was refreshing my browser at 12:59 and then again at 1:00….. by the time I got to the Ames checkout page, it kicked my order out for the GTD variant. Sold out. I was within seconds, at least. By the time I refreshed to buy a glitter variant….. gone. Same with the regular. Had to go to psycho therapy because of this failure.

Not to get personal; but since I have a head injury and relentless insomnia….. I was hoping the GTD variant would allow me to gaze into the moonlit wave, for hours, and meditate into natural slumber without these darn sleeping pills. 

Oh well. Desire begets suffering. So I let it go.
    Ames will be very easy to get in 3 months 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited October 2021
    andrew68 said:
    Ames will be very easy to get in 3 months 
    Agreed. Pretty sure most Ohana posters besides the van & Williams surfer will be much lower in price or more available for trading. Seems like there’s always a surge of people wanting everything - to keep or trade - then when more shows come up those prints tend to lower in price (maybe to fund their next poster purchase, make room for more stuff, etc). I almost bought the Pettibon last night but know it would likely stay in a tube until I gave it away before the spring tour.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited October 2021
    The Pettibon ones were okay.  I would love a band signed one lol

The two from these shows that I really liked were the Williams Tiki surfer one and the Meggs skull one.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • stonesstones Posts: 187
    edited October 2021
    Apples vs Oranges...

The Ames poster was a very popular design which lots of people missed out on at the festival, is a PJ print and the time of the drop was convenient for a lot of people.

The Pettibon was not as popular, is an EV print (which are not as collected as PJ) and the time of the drop was not as convenient.

Only Santos will know how many of each were available too, as that is an unknown factor.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Not going to lie I am very surprised as well.  I get not liking the poster, but Pettibon might be the most impressive artist they have worked with.   When it was announced he was going to do one I really thought people would lose their shit but not really, I guess most Pearl Jam fans dont know who he is.
    I also love early 80s hardcore.

If he did APs I would gladly trade some pretty nice posters for it.
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    apirk72 said:
    Not going to lie I am very surprised as well.  I get not liking the poster, but Pettibon might be the most impressive artist they have worked with.   When it was announced he was going to do one I really thought people would lose their shit but not really, I guess most Pearl Jam fans dont know who he is.

my point exactly....a Ray Pettibon print for $35.....this is Apples to Oranges 
  • The Pettibon ones were okay.  I would love a band signed one lol

The two from these shows that I really liked were the Williams Tiki surfer one and the Meggs skull one.  
    Speaking of Meggs....has anyone heard if there will be an AP/variant?
  • stonesstones Posts: 187
    andrew68 said:
    apirk72 said:

my point exactly....a Ray Pettibon print for $35.....this is Apples to Oranges 
    Yeah totally get that.  I jumped on it as soon as it dropped... but Ames has the history with PJ and most people round here are not really art fans, just sayin'...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I love the Pettibon prints. Glad that I grabbed them at Ohana.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    I don't know this artist. It looks a little amaturish to my eye. What do I know. Art is subjective.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited October 2021
    If it weren’t for the writing style, I would have considered it. 

Great artists don’t make masterpieces every time and that’s OK
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    If it weren’t for the writing style, I would have considered it. 

Great artists don’t make masterpieces every time and that’s OK
    Yeah I feel like if the title was cleaned up a bit it would be better. I love the actual print though.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Pettibon is very well-known among punk/underground art circles......not sure why his Ohana prints are not more sought-after.
    Pretty cool looking if I had a beach house.
  • jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    Loujoe said:
    All my PJ posters will finally be framed and hung when I get that beach/country house.
    I will visit often!!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    edited October 2021
    Loujoe said:
    It sort of looks like something you would see in the "beach decor" area of a store like Hobby Lobby. I like it, but it would look sort of weird in my house. It might look ok in my office at work. After writing this, I went back and looked at it, checked out the detail and other colors in it that made it stand out more than the Eddie Vedder version and decided to get it. I think it will look pretty cool in the office.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    Loujoe said:
    I will visit often!!
    This dream vacation home will also have a half-pipe, so bring your skateboard!
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    PJ Pettibon is in the shop
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    Loujoe said:
    I don't know this artist. It looks a little amaturish to my eye. What do I know. Art is subjective.
    You do know this artist. Black Flag, Minutemen…
    Raymond Pettibon is Greg Ginn’s younger brother. 
    got it! Thanks for the lesson.

Still didn't buy. May be cured? Good to know and cool pj tsurt used him.
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    I think the Pettibons are fairly tricky to see properly online. Bought both. Not sure whether I like them or not but really keen to see them in person, and as you have said, the artist is really famous. I have a feeling these will be sleeper prints that gain popularity over time
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    There definitely were no Pettibon AP's or artist signed versions of his 2 prints right? I was really hoping there would be. I'd love to own a signed print of his.
  • Now sold out
    4784495 - Thomas 9