Options

Dublin Setlist HERE

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    23 songs huh?

great song selection, but i bet there will be some people who complain about that.

Probably testing the people over there who quote, "would never bitch about anything". My guess.
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    HoP wrote:
    Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for listening to Radio Free Europe, that's it. Next show is in Leeds on friday.

If you meet the relayers don't forget to spend them a drink or two.

Good night!

Thanks you guys! :)
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    danny72688 wrote:
    Probably testing the people over their who quote, "would never bitch about anything". My guess.

its inevitable...

people will bitch that they were let down by the show, even though they played education for the first time.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    its inevitable...

people will bitch that they were let down by the show, even though they played education for the first time.

I want to see a bitch thread about it now. But I'm evil I guess. Would show they aren't perfect like some claim to be ;):)

I personally do my best not to bitch, and I admit I do. But never here.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    thanks to Hop and too Satchell for posting the set-list.set-list was ok,only thing that stands out is inside job as an opener, education and the boys are back in town.i still get this boot one way or another
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I thought it was a great setlist. I can't wait to read the fanviews.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Urujam wrote:
    nooooooooooooooooooooooo... it´s a BON JOVI COVER!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lyricsfind.com/b/bon-jovi/unknown-album/the-boys-are-back-in-town.php

XD

Bon Jovi may have covered it, but its definitely a Thin Lizzy (Irish band) song.
    http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=744
    Brian
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Holy damn they did EDUCATION!!!!.

Very cool of them to treat the Irish to that fantastic song!!!
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    23 songs huh?

great song selection, but i bet there will be some people who complain about that.
    same length as toronto 1...i would think they woul dbe on fire the first night of each leg...ahh, well. the next show should be killer

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    thanks to Hop and too Satchell for posting the set-list.set-list was ok,only thing that stands out is inside job as an opener, education and the boys are back in town.i still get this boot one way or another

I second EVERYTHING you said..Education!!!! DAMN!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 249
    great setlist!
    couldn't expect more for the first show from the euro-leg. they played a good two hours, now i'm curious about the fanviews.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Must be the luck 'o the Irish :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    Love the Boys R Back In Town closer.....Very cool
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    I agree. So. Gay.

Are you serious? It makes total sense being in Ireland and all (what'd you expect? U2?) and I can totally see the guys rocking this out. Great choice IMO!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    DPrival78 wrote:
    please no

this would be the first time i've ever been upset with a song choice.

say it ain't so..

It's a song that means a lot to Dublin people. They were playing a song for their in-house audience.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    HoP wrote:
    Education

IT IS ABOUT GODDAMN FUCKING TIME

I LOVE THIS FUCKING SONG!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I Cant Eblieve That I Am Irish, My B-day Ios Next Week, And I Am Not There

Education Would Have Been Worth The Price Of The Flight
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I should have gotten an MBA, to make more money, so I could fly to Dublin and see Pearl Jam sing the aforementioned verse.
  • Options
    Are you serious? It makes total sense being in Ireland and all (what'd you expect? U2?) and I can totally see the guys rocking this out. Great choice IMO!

Yeah, when they played LA did they cover "every rose has its thorn"? Fuck no, they covered X and it kicked ass. IMO they should have done something by the pogues. Mainly Dirty Old Town!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Think they'll play Back in Black in Australia??? :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Fucking awesome show.. front row just left of centre, in front of Eddie and Jeff... Got squashed up against the barrier, but had a great time.... Met loads of cool people from the forum.. jennytree, Heineken_Helen, redrock, AMENt TO THAT etc...

Can't wait for Arnhem!
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Yeah, when they played LA did they cover "every rose has its thorn"? Fuck no, they covered X and it kicked ass. IMO they should have done something by the pogues. Mainly Dirty Old Town!

Well, Shane was born in England, and Dirty Old Town is by a Scotsman (Ewan McColl). I guess the band was playing it safe. ;)
  • Options

That aint a Pogues song ;) Sally MacLennane wouldn't have gone down badly :) But Thin Lizzy fucking rock :)
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

• Options
    Nice set

education!!! what a nice surprise, and it's ok!! great, lucky the people that were there
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    Well, Shane was born in England, and Dirty Old Town is by a Scotsman (Ewan McColl). I guess the band was playing it safe. ;)

Beaten to the punch.

• Options
    Not sure if this info has been posted already (I don't want to read back through 12 pages!), but the soundcheck was:

The boys are back in town
    WWS
    Unemployable
    Come back
    Education

What a night.. Just incredible!
    "I don't need drugs to make my life tragic"
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    what a start!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Way to go Dublin. You have managed to not have to sit through a Riot Act song! Mad props! You should be thrilled.
  • Options
    If anyone's interested.... songs that were on the setlkist that were dropped or replaced were:

Last Kiss (replaced by indifference) Small Town, Bu$hLeaguer, Rockin' In The Free World (replaced with Fuckin Up)

These are based on the setlist for the Encores. I'm sure there was more changes on the main setlist and even a few that I can't remember from the encore
    Fear Is Your Only God...
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    If anyone's interested.... songs that were on the setlkist that were dropped or replaced were:

Last Kiss (replaced by indifference) Small Town, Bu$hLeaguer, Rockin' In The Free World (replaced with Fuckin Up)

These are based on the setlist for the Encores. I'm sure there was more changes on the main setlist and even a few that I can't remember from the encore
    you're lucky then: indifference is much better than last kiss and i like fuckin up more than rockin in the free world...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk