Options

Where the magic was born…

This is from my Seattle trip back in March.  I was staying a block away from this alley.  This is where they first came together.

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    Galleria Potatohead?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    That’s cool!  I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there at the very beginning.  Magic, indeed!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,750
    Looks cool. What happened there? Practice jam basement?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Looks cool. What happened there? Practice jam basement?
    This is where they all played together for the first time with Ed when he first came to Seattle to meet them.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,750
    Wow. What a cool time. I remember hanging with a band while they rehearsed. so full of drive and power. They went nowhere but what a great time to be around and a fan of aggressive rock.
    Great pictures. They need to be in a museum so no one forgets and dummies like me can learn.
  • Options
    Glad you weren't mugged, lol.

Things like this are cool to see years later.  Maybe a destination one day like Haight Ashbury?
  • Options

Things like this are cool to see years later.  Maybe a destination one day like Haight Ashbury?
    When I was a 14 year old discovering PJ in 91, Haight Ashbury seemed like ancient times, all the way back in the 60s, but the Summer of Love was only 24 years before.  

Now, the Seattle “scene” was over 30 years ago.
  • Options

And, I had been to Seattle before to see a few places and this time I was taking my daughter for just general sightseeing stuff, I wasn’t going to make the trip about music stuff.  But we were with a culinary tour guide in Pikes Place and he started trying to tell me stuff about the music scene, all basic stuff that I already knew and I actually found it amusing that this guy thought I needed a history lesson, like dude I know all this stuff.  Like a total snob.  Then he said yeah the studio they first met up in is right over there, and it was right across from my hotel, and I was like I can’t believe I didn’t remember to check this out, I had totally forgot and was so glad he brought it up.  I walked over there, down that alley, with my 15 year old daughter at about midnight.  
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2021

When I was a 14 year old discovering PJ in 91, Haight Ashbury seemed like ancient times, all the way back in the 60s, but the Summer of Love was only 24 years before.  

Now, the Seattle “scene” was over 30 years ago.
    Perspective. Wow.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    Visited there back in 2013.
    Good times!
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Good times!
    I’ve seen photos of people getting to check out the inside like they were giving tours at some point.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    demetrios said:
    Good times!
    I’ve seen photos of people getting to check out the inside like they were giving tours at some point.

It was the Stalking Seattle tour. It was pretty fun.