3-time Cancer Survivor’s Letter to Pearl Jam

123457»

Comments

• PP49889PP49889 Posts: 133
    I love this.  Thinking of you today. Keep striding forward my man
    Thanks for the kind words!  Can’t wait to see PJ again!
    Loujoe said:
    Thanks for sharing.  helps me appreciate life and keep a level perspective on what's important. Rock on everyone!!
    Thanks for the kind words, Loujoe!   Inching closer towards the important 5 year mark.  

PJNB said:
    Hard to not get emotional reading some of these posts. Great news @PP49889 and I wish those that posted in this thread about their battles with cancer are successful as well. 

Me, too!  Keep on Rockin in the Free World!
  • Hey Peter - Still walking that Long Road and probably will the rest of my life.  Hearing other patients perspectives and how they deal with the mental challenge is always inspiring and helpful.  I tell everyone that it's not the physical challenges (although those suck) that are the hardest but the mental challenges of dealing with this disease that is the worst.  I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!!  All the Best - Chip
    Hey Peter - Still walking that Long Road and probably will the rest of my life.  Hearing other patients perspectives and how they deal with the mental challenge is always inspiring and helpful.  I tell everyone that it's not the physical challenges (although those suck) that are the hardest but the mental challenges of dealing with this disease that is the worst.  I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!!  All the Best - Chip
    Thanks for the message, Chip.  The mental part can sneak up on you in unsuspecting ways.  One of the first thing I tell cancer patients when I get acquainted with them is we belong to an exclusive club that isn’t looking for new members, but once you join you immediately become family.  Welcome to my family, Chip.  
    I’m five years cancer-free!  Thank you Pearl Jamily for your support!  

I was listening to the 2016 Wrigley boot recently with Steve Gleason introducing Inside Job and it pretty much sums up how I feel.  

“everyone with a heartbeat will face adversity, but when you experience those moments, like the message in this song, please remember this; ‘How we choose to feel is how we are’ and personally, I feel fucking awesome.”  

• PP49889 said:

I was listening to the 2016 Wrigley boot recently with Steve Gleason introducing Inside Job and it pretty much sums up how I feel.  

“everyone with a heartbeat will face adversity, but when you experience those moments, like the message in this song, please remember this; ‘How we choose to feel is how we are’ and personally, I feel fucking awesome.”  

Needed to read this today. 
     Powerful. 
    Good health my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    PP49889 said:

Needed to read this today. 
     Powerful. 
    Good health my friend 
    You’ve been a great support, Lastexit!  Thank you!
    Can’t wait to see them in St Paul.  The last time I saw them there I was bleeding from a central line in my chest waiting for my transplant.  I kept having to go to the bathroom to grab more toilet paper to stop the bleeding 😬
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Great to see you going again and loving life.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Enjoy the hell out of it, you're an inspiration!
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    Amazing story and I thank you for sharing it. I wish you all the best and great health. The power of music is a special thing. ❤️❤️❤️
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Thank you for sharing your story. I don't have an excuse now to bitch about trivial things anymore.Hope to see you in Chicago if your going.😁
    Great to see you going again and loving life.
    Thanks, Lastexit!
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,336
    Best wishes to you moving forward. Enjoy the show(s)
    mattcoz said:
    Enjoy the hell out of it, you're an inspiration!

no Doubt, Matt.   Thanks for the kind words!
    deb1211 said:
    Amazing story and I thank you for sharing it. I wish you all the best and great health. The power of music is a special thing. ❤️❤️❤️
    Thank you,Deb.  I completely agree!
    joseph33 said:
    Thank you for sharing your story. I don't have an excuse now to bitch about trivial things anymore.Hope to see you in Chicago if your going.😁
    Everyone has a story, Joseph.  I am lucky enough to continue to add it.  I will not be in Chicago this year, but I hope you get to see them too!
    BF89905 said:
    Best wishes to you moving forward. Enjoy the show(s)
    Thanks, BF.   It’s getting close and I can’t wait!
    edited August 2023
    This was the last time they played St Paul.  Can’t wait to recreate this with my brother.  
    Post edited by PP49889 on
    I just surprised my oldest son and let him know that he will be attending the first show in St Paul.   I can’t wait to share this experience with him!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Wonderful dream come true with your son
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• leddeadleddead Posts: 151
    Peter, your letter touched me considerably. Far too often I find myself getting wrapped up in things that don't mean squat in the long run. A story like this really puts things into perspective. I hope you and your son have the time of your lives in St. Paul. I will be there on 9/2 thinking about you.
    Wonderful dream come true with your son
    Thank you, Last Exit!   It’s going to be epic!
    leddead said:
    Peter, your letter touched me considerably. Far too often I find myself getting wrapped up in things that don't mean squat in the long run. A story like this really puts things into perspective. I hope you and your son have the time of your lives in St. Paul. I will be there on 9/2 thinking about you.
    Thanks, Leddead.  It’s going to be a fantastic night.   I can’t wait!
    Night one was epic.   My son told me it was one of the coolest things he has ever seen.  ❤️.  Couldn’t imagine sharing tonight with him 9 years ago as I was bleeding my central line waiting for my stem cell transplant.  I’m still alive!!!