MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Wobbie said:
    I don’t know what to think of Mike Trout.

a calf injury keeps you out all year? I’m thinking the HOF talk may have been premature.
    His numbers as of right now would support it.  Dude has a 76.2 WAR.  Every person at or above him is in the HOF sans 2.  One bet on baseball and the other is a forgotten 1800's era pitcher that should be in.
  • As for Trout and Ohtani not pitching for the rest of the year.

Why bother now?  Protect your investment.  Halos aren't making it to the playoffs.  Rendon went down early.

This year was a lost season for them all around.

Next year if healthy they should, I said should, kill.  Trout Rendon Ohtani Adell.  That is some serious foursome.  If Brendon Marsh gets it going there is a 5th bat.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Not much talk of this Mets 30 for 30? Planning on watching it all tonight. Have been looking forward to it for a while. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Not much talk of this Mets 30 for 30? Planning on watching it all tonight. Have been looking forward to it for a while. 
    So if you lived in the tri-state area you will know much of it already.  It is a fantastically put together bio though.

What I did not know was how much Keith was reveled at that time.

Favorite part is how much they brawled.  Ray Knight clocking Eric Davis is a moment I watched live that I will never forget, lol.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    My Redbirds are surging! Reminds me of our championship 2011 run! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Would love to see the Padres recover and somehow a Blue Jays/Padres world series
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Not much talk of this Mets 30 for 30? Planning on watching it all tonight. Have been looking forward to it for a while. 

it was great...I thought the juggler was passing on it. dykstra is a mess but it looks like he is living comfortably these days. Doc seemed clean, unlike his fidgety self in "Darryl and Doc."

"I'm, Lenny fucking Dykstra, motherfucker!!!!" :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10 said:
    Would love to see the Padres recover and somehow a Blue Jays/Padres world series
    2 of the most exciting players in baseball face off against each other?

Hell yeah!
  • Wobbie said:

it was great...I thought the juggler was passing on it. dykstra is a mess but it looks like he is living comfortably these days. Doc seemed clean, unlike his fidgety self in "Darryl and Doc."

"I'm, Lenny fucking Dykstra, motherfucker!!!!" :lol:
    Doc has been doing signings here and there in NY.  I saw him before the pandemic as he walked by I yelled DR K! To which he replied hey man how ya doing?  Man is he tall!  He looks much taller than his listed 6-2"

He did a show last month but I didn't get to see him this time.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    The 30 for 30 was good.
    Ray Knight punching ED was a memory, funny to see it again 
    Nails is a complete train wreck.  Not cool to laugh, but I admit to laughing at him a bunch of times.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The 30 for 30 was good.
    Ray Knight punching ED was a memory, funny to see it again 
    Nails is a complete train wreck.  Not cool to laugh, but I admit to laughing at him a bunch of times.

He has been in and out of the news quite a bit for his business shame.
    As for Trout and Ohtani not pitching for the rest of the year.

Why bother now?  Protect your investment.  Halos aren't making it to the playoffs.  Rendon went down early.

Next year if healthy they should, I said should, kill.  Trout Rendon Ohtani Adell.  That is some serious foursome.  If Brendon Marsh gets it going there is a 5th bat.

Haha! you say that every year.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Wobbie said:

Adell is gonna bust.  Trout and Ohtani are straight up killers.
    Rendon was shit this year but I would expect him to be much better.  They have other hitters, as well.
    Should be able to hit -- will they throw and catch?
    Wobbie said:

Rendon was shit this year but I would expect him to be much better.  They have other hitters, as well.

or pitch? :no_mouth:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

Every friggin year someone gets hurt.  This year their 2 main players got hurt.

I do think they will be good every year but they let me down, lol.
  • Wobbie said:

Yes Walsh was a great surprise this year.  I have hope for Marsh and am not counting out Adell just yet.  I did give up on Maitan.

Upton isn't the same but he still has some pop.  Ohtani will be leaving if the Angels can't get their shit together...

Rendon is too good to be this shitty, he did get hurt too though.
  • Remember how much shit we all talked about Larussa coaching the White Sox?

Well they made the playoffs.  maybe he isn't such a dinosaur?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This ohtani shit is funny. Not like every team in the world didn’t want him and he picked the angels.
    Remember how much shit we all talked about Larussa coaching the White Sox?

I still feel the same way about him, although clearly I was wrong with the players revolting.  The one guy they sent down when he stopped hitting (Mercedes) was the only person that I recall seeing publicly clashed with Fossil RedAss Larussa. 
    This team looked like a playoff near-lock and when their only rivals lost their ace it seemed to cement that.

Even if they win the Series I will still feel the same about their manager.  :lol:      
  • This ohtani shit is funny. Not like every team in the world didn’t want him and he picked the angels.
    I totally thought he was going to Seattle when he was first coming over.

Of course he wants to leave though.  The team underachieves every damn year despite my enthusiasm for them, lol.
  • Perez #48?

Bichette slaying the Yanks w a Solo HR.

Tatis doesnt seem to have hit a HR in forever?

Stanton crushing it.

Atlanta and Philly playing for the last Playoff spot.

Boston Yanks and Jays in the hunt too!  Seattle is lurking...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Remember how much shit we all talked about Larussa coaching the White Sox?

I absolutely hated the hire when it happened but can't argue with how he handled the team this year.  Especially with all the injuries they had throughout the season.  And the guy knows how to manage a pitching staff.  Can't wait for the playoffs to start up next week!  White Sox haven't had a home playoff game since 2008...prices are pretty crazy right now but I'm going to try to get in there somehow.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Thought LaRussa would do fine. The White Sox were already on their way to being a playoff team. Their rebuild was already done with for the most part
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Thought LaRussa would do fine. The White Sox were already on their way to being a playoff team. Their rebuild was already done with for the most part
    We all thought LaRussa was a dinosaur and probably shouldn't be coaching the new school kids.

You know the same reason that Buck Showalter isn't coaching and Dusty Baker shouldn't but he gets regular season results.
    igotid88 said:
    We all thought LaRussa was a dinosaur and probably shouldn't be coaching the new school kids.

You know the same reason that Buck Showalter isn't coaching and Dusty Baker shouldn't but he gets regular season results.

Dusty Baker is the coolest dude in any room.  He is the opposite of LaSkelator.
  • igotid88 said:

He is but his lack of playoff winning has me think otherwise.

I have seen him have these great teams and crumble in the playoffs.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    igotid88 said:

Oh yeah.  Most likely White Sox vs Astros in the 1st round.  Would much rather have LaRussa than Baker.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    igotid88 said:

Yup. I hoping that trend changes this year. The matchup against the White Sox will be a tough one for sure.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Dusty is awesome.
    The players play once the playoffs roll around.  Sure, managers can make bonehead decisions but most know what they are doing but it is rare you can pin a series W or L on a manager, I think.
    I want to have a cocktail with Dusty and listen to stories.  Some old people are cool -- some should rush to the old dirtnap.  Dusty should live forever. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Dusty is awesome.
    The players play once the playoffs roll around.  Sure, managers can make bonehead decisions but most know what they are doing but it is rare you can pin a series W or L on a manager, I think.
    I want to have a cocktail with Dusty and listen to stories.  Some old people are cool -- some should rush to the old dirtnap.  Dusty should live forever. 
    I was lucky enough to have a drink with him in Spring Training of 2020. We went to a local bar that was doing the Astroline broadcast and he was the guest. He was just hanging out at the bar and I went up to chat with him. Super nice guy and he even signed a baseball for me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com