2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    bbiggs said:
    It was good to get in the win column, but it was an average performance overall I thought.  Defense showed up, which was great.  Roquan had a hell of a game.  Dalton looked better than week 1 and Fields looked like a rookie.  While Nagy didn't clearly state who the QB would be (assuming health for Dalton), one of the Bears PR people said something along the lines of "Dalton will be the starter if healthy."  We'll see if that is true.  I thought that A Rob potential TD was contested pretty well by the Cinci cornerback, but it was a ball that could be caught.  We were sitting right there at the goal line and were hoping to see Fields' first pro TD pass, but no dice.  On to Cleveland.
    ARob makes that catch 95% of the time.  Coverage was good, ball placed perfect.  It looked like he took his eyes off of it.

These dropped passes were talked about over and over....and over by the media present during OTAs, mini camp, and preseason.  Seeing it show up during important games is a bit concerning.  I mean, I guess you can expect that from young WRs or back ups, but when you see it from your starting group...that's tough.
  • And Fields is the starter.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    And Fields is the starter.
    I would be amazing, and not shocking, if Fields does well then bonehead Nagy comes back and starts Dalton the next game.  
    Hope the kid does well and this starting QB talk goes away.
  • mca47 said:
    And Fields is the starter.
    I would be amazing, and not shocking, if Fields does well then bonehead Nagy comes back and starts Dalton the next game.  
    Hope the kid does well and this starting QB talk goes away.

Bonehead Nagy....

Im pretty sure that was his birthname, given to him by his mother.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    What an embarrassment.  I used to give Nagy the benefit of the doubt because Mitch was so bad but holy shit that was a disaster.  I think he just sucks at offense and play calling...not good when you're an alleged offensive guy.  Not really sure what that gameplan was....barely any rollouts or moving the pocket for Fields.  Offensive line was horrible but they didn't adjust at all and give them some help with TEs staying in to block.  They're lucky Fields didn't get hurt.  Just a sad, sad organization. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    If we're going to rely on Matt Nagy to develop Justin Fields, we're in big trouble. 
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    edited September 2021
    Arlington Bears 
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • $197 million for the land….this is happening no doubt.
    Yep.  Absolutely love it.  No more dealing with this joke of a city and not owning your own stadium.  And now they can build a real stadium that is actually fan-friendly.  Hopefully it all works out.
    I also love how they're not even talking to that troll Lightfoot and the city anymore....they are all in on this move.
    bbiggs said:
    If we're going to rely on Matt Nagy to develop Justin Fields, we're in big trouble. 
    Yeah, at this point, I hope they don't play Fields until Nagy is gone.
    Yep.  Absolutely love it.  No more dealing with this joke of a city and not owning your own stadium.  And now they can build a real stadium that is actually fan-friendly.  Hopefully it all works out.
    I agree.  Everything about Soldier Field is such a pain in the ass.  Glad they are moving things along.
  • Detroit is AWFUL!!!!
  • And us Bear fans breathe a sigh of relief..

Fields looks good! 
    And Nagy says Dalton will be the starter this week if he's healthy.  Unbelievable.  Just complete insanity.  
    And Nagy says Dalton will be the starter this week if he's healthy.  Unbelievable.  Just complete insanity.  
    Did he really say that?  I watched part of the post-game presser and didn't see that.  Perhaps I zoned out when he kept repeating that he was in charge, everything goes through him, blah blah blah.
    All about him...

At what point does he start calling plays again?

I love how Fields subtlety mentioned how easier it was for him, as a QB, to have Lazor calling the plays.  How the play is in a second after the last play, how he has time to digest the play, call the play and still have time to analyze the defense and make adjustments.  With Nagy, he'd be focused on the head coach stuff, then call a play, often last minute...the offense would have to get set quickly and it was difficult. 

Nagy is a clown. 
    He said it in his press conference this morning.  This is guy is out of his fucking mind.  

Reading his postgame quotes from yesterday is nauseating.  It took several questions from reporters for him to finally admit that he wasn't calling the plays.  Dude is an egomaniac.
    And now he names Fields the starter going forward.  It's the right move but why on earth does Nagy need to make this so hard?!?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    And now he names Fields the starter going forward.  It's the right move but why on earth does Nagy need to make this so hard?!?
    He is a fucking moron. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    He is a fucking moron. 
    Hahahaha!
    3-2
    Defense really looked good.
    Offense is coming around.  Glad we have two legit backup RBs.  
    What an embarrassment of an organization.  They're going to ruin Fields if they don't get rid of Nagy.  Obviously didn't expect them to win today but that was pathetic.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Yep.  3 f’n points. Enough said. 
    What an embarrassment of an organization.  They're going to ruin Fields if they don't get rid of Nagy.  Obviously didn't expect them to win today but that was pathetic.
    Yep.  Zero gameplan.
    And I agree, they are going to ruin this kid in this system.

Oh, just read that Nagy is Covid positive.  Looks like he won't be with the team for the next game.
    Fields looked pretty damn good last night.  Kinda best case scenario with him looking good but the Bears still losing which hopefully brings us 1 step closer to Nagy being fired.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    With the way things shook out, I would've actually won my suicide pool if the Bears hung on last night. Wasn't meant to be. Taunting penalties are stupid.

Justin Fields is fun to watch. I think you guys finally got a quarterback.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bears were sloppy with penalties but holy shit that officiating was horrific last night.  That phantom penalty on James Daniels at the goal line was absurd and almost as bad as the taunting call. And there were 2-3 times where Fields took a late hit where it definitely could have been roughing the passer but the NFL doesn't give rookie QBs those calls.  And now just seeing that TJ Watt was lined up offsides on that last second FG attempt and it wasn't called.  Tough night for the zebras
    Bears were sloppy with penalties but holy shit that officiating was horrific last night.  That phantom penalty on James Daniels at the goal line was absurd and almost as bad as the taunting call. And there were 2-3 times where Fields took a late hit where it definitely could have been roughing the passer but the NFL doesn't give rookie QBs those calls.  And now just seeing that TJ Watt was lined up offsides on that last second FG attempt and it wasn't called.  Tough night for the zebras
    Yeah, that was a tough one to watch.  It's been a really long time since I've seen a game officiated that poorly and lopsided.  
    Fields is looking better and better.  Imagine what the kid could do if he had a few seconds to work with.
    Just fire Nagy/Pace and get it over with.  This franchise continues to be a complete embarrassment every week.  Those "Fire Nagy" chants were pretty damn loud at Soldier Field today....
    Rumors are Thanksgiving will be his last game.
    ...I'll believe it when I see it.