Comments

• Apollo 13 (1995)
    :rofl:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    This thread has gotten a bit..
    Groin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    OOOHHHHhhhhhhhh.......

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Saving Private Ryan (1998)

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I did not see a mention of The Money Pit?  THAT was a movie I watched over and over. 2 parts made me laugh uncontrollably, when he falls in the hole and the rug swallows him up and hes making airplanes out of the money and when the house starts falling apart and he yells laughing at the chaos in front of him. 

https://youtu.be/q2rVcxkbIQc
    As far as '80s Tom Hanks comedies go, Bachelor Party was it for me. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    A League of Their Own (1992)
    Saving Private Ryan is probably my favourite movie of all time. I was 17 years old when it came out and had not seen a movie like that before. Tom Hanks has been one of my favourite actors ever since. 
  • Cast Away (2000)
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    I think all my favorite movies of his aren't on the list: The Burbs, Turner and Hooch, The Man with One Red Shoe, animated flicks (Toy Story and Polar Express), Splash, The Green Mile.

Never really liked Gump, but I did enjoy the rest of his movies on the last.
    The Burbs?  Awful attempt at dark comedy.  It was to show acting range I guess but that isn't even a cult classic it's so bad.
    You're right about Basketball Diaries, but wrong about this one. The 'Burbs is one of the best Tom Hanks films ever!
    He also voted against Cast Away

Somebody should kick his dick in. 
    I prefer Philadelphia over Castaway any day.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Saving Private Ryan (1998)
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    I think all my favorite movies of his aren't on the list: The Burbs, Turner and Hooch, The Man with One Red Shoe, animated flicks (Toy Story and Polar Express), Splash, The Green Mile.

Never really liked Gump, but I did enjoy the rest of his movies on the last.
    The Burbs?  Awful attempt at dark comedy.  It was to show acting range I guess but that isn't even a cult classic it's so bad.
    You're right about Basketball Diaries, but wrong about this one. The 'Burbs is one of the best Tom Hanks films ever!
    He also voted against Cast Away

Somebody should kick his dick in. 
    I prefer Philadelphia over Castaway any day.
    Crazy that there were no gay actors available for that role. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Road to Perdition (2002) and A League of Their Own (1992) have been eliminated in Round 2.
This discussion has been closed.