Options

Genesis

2»

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    drinking some beer....listening to “classic rock”....just heard some genesis, yes and ELP. yeah, I can dig a little prog rock.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I am an 80s child and the Abacab, Three sides live, and Genesis (home by the sea) records and tours will always define Genesis for me. Same with Hello, I must be going and No Jacket Required Phil solo tours with the horns. Another part of the soundtrack of my youth. I never really got into the prog rock and older Genesis, but I did love Seconds Out. I will pass on this tour, as I have not felt the need to see Phil or Genesis since about 1991. No Chester, no thank you!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Poncier said:
    Ha,
    They (stupidly) added a 2nd Boston show, presale going on now and tons of tix available. 
    Dynamic pricing has them way lower than the night before. Balcony seats which they sold for $250.50 for 12/15 selling for $80.50 for 12/16.
    Market totally flooded.

Not flooded in big Apple, both MSG shows sold out and one at new Islander arena nearly sold out. Downside is Tickets are very expensive but they put on a massive light show, so something to look at if far from stage. Maybe road trip to Boston, thanks for the info.

If this weren’t their last tour I’d probably pass on an indoor show in the covid era. But great old bands are disappearing one by one. Yes it’s a lot of cash but this is likely the last chance to experience their music live. There will be a day in the not so distant future bands around in 1979 and earlier will be hanging with the dinosaurs. Watcher of the Skies was on just before and they are playing some Gabriel era songs this tour, which is a catch 22, great songs but not Gabriel singing them.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I just saw that Phil is very frail but is in good voice.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16