2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Yefa said:
    Poncier said:
    The Chicago Bears, the NFL franchise that's never had a great QB drafting a kid from The Ohio State University, the biggest NCAA powerhouse to never develop a good NFL QB...what could possibly go wrong?
    Sid Luckman was a great QB.
    Yes I know he played a very long time ago.
    You're using a guy who played 70+ years ago with a career completion percentage of 51.8, a 137TD-132INT career ratio and a career 75 passer rating as the shining example of great Bears QB play.
    I shall stand by my original statement.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Yefa said:
    Poncier said:
    The Chicago Bears, the NFL franchise that's never had a great QB drafting a kid from The Ohio State University, the biggest NCAA powerhouse to never develop a good NFL QB...what could possibly go wrong?
    I saw him play!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:
    I think they should sit him behind the red rifle for the entire year.

Dalton is washed up - get Fields in there in the first half of the season, if not to start.
    Hopefully Fields starts on the bench for the first few weeks at least.  Feels like it is detrimental to a lot of these QBs that get thrown in there right away before they are ready.  But yeah, assuming Dalton will suck and Fields will be in there by week 6 or 7.
    I think if he's ready he should be given the opportunity to start.  From what I've read, other than Lawrence, he was the most NFL ready QB of the lot.  I say, see what happens in camp, and if he's clearly out performing Dalton and Foles, you start him.
    The Bears now need to focus on getting a left tackle to help give him some time.

at least he played in the BIG14 and not the FCS or nobody like lance and wilson. I know there’s been some great QB’s from small schools but we’ll see how those guys do against dudes who are bigger, faster, stronger than anything they’ve ever seen.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

Dalton is washed up - get Fields in there in the first half of the season, if not to start.
    Hopefully Fields starts on the bench for the first few weeks at least.  Feels like it is detrimental to a lot of these QBs that get thrown in there right away before they are ready.  But yeah, assuming Dalton will suck and Fields will be in there by week 6 or 7.
    I think if he's ready he should be given the opportunity to start.  From what I've read, other than Lawrence, he was the most NFL ready QB of the lot.  I say, see what happens in camp, and if he's clearly out performing Dalton and Foles, you start him.
    The Bears now need to focus on getting a left tackle to help give him some time.

at least he played in the BIG14 and not the FCS or nobody like lance and wilson. I know there’s been some great QB’s from small schools but we’ll see how those guys do against dudes who are bigger, faster, stronger than anything they’ve ever seen.

By that math should Mac be the second coming?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Wobbie said:
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

By that math should Mac be the second coming?

maybe. Belicheat will coach him up.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

Counterpoint...he (and Mac Jones) were surrounded by the best talent college football coaches could buy on their O-lines and at their skill positions, thus inflating their numbers.
    Its likely somewhere in the middle, but sometimes the small school QBs who stand out do so because they are elevating lower quality teammates/athletes and the big school kids look great because of their teammates. (I mean Bama and tOSU are not exactly schools known for their rich history of NFL QB alums)
    Wobbie said:
    Yefa said:
    Poncier said:
    I saw him play!
    :lol:
    Tickets were part of your golden parachute package?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Wobbie said:
    If they’re smart they would.  Which means they won’t. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    If they’re smart they would.  Which means they won’t. 
    +1
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely love it.  Soldier Field in its current state is a complete dump.  And that a fact that I live 2 Metra stops away from Arlington doesn't hurt either.

I think it’s great too. Great location and easy access. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Soldier Field is a mess.  Tiny, old, a pain in the ass to get to...
    Haven't been there in years and don't really care to.
    Doesn't the team have a lease with the city or parks department until 2033?

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    mca47 said:
    Soldier Field is a mess.  Tiny, old, a pain in the ass to get to...
    Haven't been there in years and don't really care to.
    Doesn't the team have a lease with the city or parks department until 2033?

The only time I have been to Soldier Field was the 2015 Grateful Dead concert. We got a hotel close enough for a long walk to and from, and it still was crazy. I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been driving in or taking public transit.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Listening to da bears meatheads on talk radio the last few days has been outstanding. Da bears have sucked for years, even when they make the playoffs we all know they are gonna blow it. Driving to soldier field sucks, walking to soldier field sucks, leaving soldier field sucks, the team in soldier field sucks, being inside soldier field sucks…..the list is endless. Build a new stadium complex so Chicago can get some big ticket events besides the big ten championship at the UC.
    The Andy Dalton era begins tonight.  Yay.  Hopefully it's over by the end of the game.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Maybe the beginning of this particular Andy Dalton era is better than the end to that Aaron Rodgers era?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Montgomery looked good.
    Remember when Khalil Mack and Eddie Jackson were difference makers?  Those were fun times.  

Fields should be starting by week 4.  Dalton was fine but you're not going to do much with 5.4 YPA.  This team is just depressing.
    Our secondary played terrible.  Our offensive play-calling is the same old story.  Throw it at or near the line of scrimmage and muster up a few ugly yards.  Snooze fest.
    bbiggs said:
    Our secondary played terrible.  Our offensive play-calling is the same old story.  Throw it at or near the line of scrimmage and muster up a few ugly yards.  Snooze fest.
    Yep.  Dalton is a more accurate, less mobile Trubisky.  Same 7 yard throws all day long....not going to get it done.  LT is obviously an issue but the line didn't play too bad overall....Montgomery had plenty of room to run.  Those blown coverages in the secondary are things you see from shitty college teams....that was horrible.
    Ugly.
    Just ugly.
  • Well, that was quick.

Unless there is an injury to Fields, Dalton will never take another snap as a Chicago Bear.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Wait for it....

Wait for it...……..

FUCK CINCY!!!!!!!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Wait for it....

Wait for it...……..

FUCK CINCY!!!!!!!

Took you long enough!  hahahahaha
    Was nice to see the defense show up after that horrible week 1 performance.  Wasn't a serious injury to Dalton and Nagy wouldn't say much about his status but it's gotta be time for Fields.  Would rather watch him learn on the field instead of the sidelines.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Was nice to see the defense show up after that horrible week 1 performance.  Wasn't a serious injury to Dalton and Nagy wouldn't say much about his status but it's gotta be time for Fields.  Would rather watch him learn on the field instead of the sidelines.

My Robinson fantasy pick demands this!  :lol:    

Robinson dropped an easy TD Sunday.  Fields threw a perfect ball and right through his hands....couldn't believe it!  

Robinson dropped an easy TD Sunday.  Fields threw a perfect ball and right through his hands....couldn't believe it!  

Ha.  Football is a wonderful/awful thing.
    It was good to get in the win column, but it was an average performance overall I thought.  Defense showed up, which was great.  Roquan had a hell of a game.  Dalton looked better than week 1 and Fields looked like a rookie.  While Nagy didn't clearly state who the QB would be (assuming health for Dalton), one of the Bears PR people said something along the lines of "Dalton will be the starter if healthy."  We'll see if that is true.  I thought that A Rob potential TD was contested pretty well by the Cinci cornerback, but it was a ball that could be caught.  We were sitting right there at the goal line and were hoping to see Fields' first pro TD pass, but no dice.  On to Cleveland.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Poncier said:
    Yefa said:
    Poncier said:
    You're using a guy who played 70+ years ago with a career completion percentage of 51.8, a 137TD-132INT career ratio and a career 75 passer rating as the shining example of great Bears QB play.
    I shall stand by my original statement.  ;)
    He led the Bears to 4 NFL championships.
    He led the NFL in yards per pass attempt in 7 different seasons...still the NFL record.
    He still holds the NFL record for highest percentage of pass attempts in a season to be TD passes.
    He won an NFL MVP award.
    He was a 5-time First Team All-Pro.
    He was a 2-time Second Team All-Pro.
    He was a 3-time NFL passing yards leader.
    He was a 3-time NFL passing touchdowns leader.
    He was a 3-time NFL passer rating leader.
    He was named to the NFL 1940s All Decade Team.
    The Bears retired his number.
    He is still co-holder of the NFL record of 7 touchdown passes in one game.
    His TD pass rate of 7.9% of his pass attempts for his career is still the NFL record.
    He averaged 8.4 yards per pass attempt for his career.  That is 2nd only to Otto Graham's 9 yards per pass attempt in NFL history.
    He is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com