Sea.Hear.Now

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    morning bump for SHN GA wristband & Ocean Ave. Stomp @ The Stone Pony combo I have up for cost B) more deets in my Given to Fly post
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited September 2021
    lisalamb said:
    What's the likelihood of SoLaT, Footsteps or Dissident making it into the setlist?
    SOLAT might be higher? Gaslight Anthem is from Asbury Park right?

Anyway, something that came to my mind also was it seems like every interview with PJ there's some kind of quote of (paraphrasing) that they haven't played sooo many of the songs in so long that they forget how to play them. And that opens them up to trying old songs out in new ways - new melodies, timing, etc, ala Dylan as he got older. I think hearing old songs in completely new ways would be worth it alone.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • tdawe said:
    lisalamb said:
    What's the likelihood of SoLaT, Footsteps or Dissident making it into the setlist?
    Pretty good, not good, not good. 

I know all bets are off given that it’s the first show back off a forced hiatus, but it’s still a festival, and there’s a whole album of new material. The Collectors are probably walking away disappointed from this one. 
    Yeah I’m def happy just to hear them play. But just cause it’s a festival doesn’t mean it has to be predictable. Look at Ride Festival 2016.
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited September 2021
    What's everyone's Saturday looking like? Probably going to get there closer to 2 for Day 1, but hit up:

3:15-4:15 - White Denim
    4:15-5:15 - Patti Smith
    5:15-6:15 - Dr. Dog
    6:15-7:30 - Avett Brothers
    7:30-8:30 - Lord Huron (prob leave after 8 to grab a spot)
    8:30 - The Main Event

What sucks is that this lineup I have alternates on different stages, one after the other lol. Almost wish there were 15-min breaks in between acts on stages to allot for some folks to trickle over to another stage....
    Can't wait tho! My first music festival since Bonnaroo 2016.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Just planning on Dr. Dog, Avett’s and PJ. Then Reignwolf at Wonder Bar. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • We are flying in from Memphis on Friday. Does anyone have any places you would recommend to eat and check out on the water for Friday evening?
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    jcoudriet said:
    We are flying in from Memphis on Friday. Does anyone have any places you would recommend to eat and check out on the water for Friday evening?
    Langosta lounge is excellent on the upscale side. I like Porta too, but more casual. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • jcoudriet said:
    We are flying in from Memphis on Friday. Does anyone have any places you would recommend to eat and check out on the water for Friday evening?
    The Iron Whale on the boardwalk is the wife’s and I favorite restaurant. We’re there once/twice a month
  • jcoudriet said:
    The Iron Whale on the boardwalk is the wife’s and I favorite restaurant. We’re there once/twice a month
    thank you!

• reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    edited September 2021
    jcoudriet said:

If you want something right on the ocean, you have to go to the Watermark for drinks.  Beautiful view.

Post edited by rey on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    ComeToTX said:
    Just planning on Dr. Dog, Avett’s and PJ. Then Reignwolf at Wonder Bar. 
    Reignwolf is awesome live. Enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    jcoudriet said:

Iron Whale is great.

Johnny Mac's, which is like a 10 minute walk inland, is the shit too.

Free bar pie with the purchase of any drink, and a fantastic outdoor patio area with ping pong!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 420
    edited September 2021
    SHN First-timer here. Questions:

- Is it literally on the beach?

- Do people essentially bring beach stuff, i.e. blankets etc.?

- Should I dress like I'm going to the beach for the day vs. going to a rock concert?

- Are there areas to swim?

- Is it worth it to try and get somewhat close to the stage? Or should we not even bother and just chill in the back? My cousin & I are tall, but his wife is short, so up front/semi-up front won't be ideal for her.

Any other insights will be greatly appreciated.

I can't fucking wait for this. My 2 fav bands (PJ & The Pumpkins) in the same weekend.
    Post edited by We All Believe on
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    jcoudriet said:
    Stella Marina is one of my favorites. https://stellamarinarestaurant.com/
     Langosta lounge is second. https://www.langostalounge.com/
     Pascal and sabine for french food (off the boardwalk). https://pascalandsabine.com/
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    SNH First-timer here. Questions:

- Should I dress like I'm going to the beach for the day vs. going to a rock concert?

- Is it worth it to try and get somewhat close to the stage? Or should we not even bother and just chill in the back? My cousin & I are tall, but his wife is short, so up front/semi-up front won't be ideal for her.

I can't fucking wait for this. My 2 fav bands (PJ & The Pumpkins) in the same weekend.
    All of these questions! ^^^^
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

It is literally on the beach

People do bring blankets and towles...

Dress like going to a concert on the beach 

You can see and hear from a good distance away from the stage so don't bother with craziness of getting up front. 

Not sure about swimming areas especially with the surfing that will be going on.

Other insights- get there earlier than you plan to in order to avoid very long lines to enter. Lines are usually long but now they will have to check covid vaccine documentation and bags so it will probably take twice as long as you think. Get food early too because those lines will get very long.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited September 2021
    Poster artists?
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    pjpjpaul said:

You can see and hear from a good distance away from the stage so don't bother with craziness of getting up front. 

Not sure about swimming areas especially with the surfing that will be going on.

Other insights- get there earlier than you plan to in order to avoid very long lines to enter. Lines are usually long but now they will have to check covid vaccine documentation and bags so it will probably take twice as long as you think. Get food early too because those lines will get very long.
    Can't go swimming near the shows. The ocean is fenced off in the concert area. They allow exit/reentry so you might be able go do beach stuff down the boardwalk a little bit. 
    pjpjpaul said:

Awesome, thanks so much for the info!

Banjo said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Can't go swimming near the shows. The ocean is fenced off in the concert area. They allow exit/reentry so you might be able go do beach stuff down the boardwalk a little bit. 
    Sounds good, thanks for the tip!

• leddeadleddead Posts: 151
    I am having trouble deciding between sneakers and flip flops. Beach = flip flops obviously. However, I prefer sneakers when being on my feet all day. Would I look like a moron wearing sneakers on the beach? More of a moron than I typically look that is.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    leddead said:
    I am having trouble deciding between sneakers and flip flops. Beach = flip flops obviously. However, I prefer sneakers when being on my feet all day. Would I look like a moron wearing sneakers on the beach? More of a moron than I typically look that is.
    I finally splurged ($25!) for a pair of nice sandals, looking forward to wearing those Saturday.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I welcome those weird looking close toed Keen sandals over a sneaker in this situation.

Also, regardless, at any rate, prepare for the pigs. There will be urinating on the beach and in the water. Calling it now.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    PJNB said:
    the stage is like 200 feet from the water.  Will they have barricades up to keep the drunks from going for a swim?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    the stage is like 200 feet from the water.  Will they have barricades up to keep the drunks from going for a swim?
    Lots of sharks in that section of water.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    PJNB said:
    I believe they put up a snow fence.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore