MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Haha, I always knew that, but I bust that out on people from time to time and they never seem, to know (or care)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    F’me - Bonds had two full time journalists digging dirt for two solid years….as well as the feds. No one else had that…not mcgwire, not sosa, not sloppi, not pudge, not piazza, not bagwell, not anybody. Hell, they didn’t even CONSIDER it with griffey. had others faced the same scrutiny, I think you might see canseco’s 80-90% was accurate.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Haha I was aware. It’s funny though 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I miss igotid88
  • Wobbie said:
    F’me - Bonds had two full time journalists digging dirt for two solid years….as well as the feds. No one else had that…not mcgwire, not sosa, not sloppi, not pudge, not piazza, not bagwell, not anybody. Hell, they didn’t even CONSIDER it with griffey. had others faced the same scrutiny, I think you might see canseco’s 80-90% was accurate.
    I will defend Griffey.  He was a stretching guy.  Believed in being loose.  Was interviewed in that he didn’t lift heavy weights and that a young Alex Rodriguez could bench more than him.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    I know he's your guy and I don't deny he was am al time great.
    Griffey didn't juice, imo.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Jays had no hits going into the seventh. Then have 16 at bats and 11 runs to finish off the double header. Crazy. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    mfc2006 said:
    I didn't know either, but I think it's mainly cause Bart died in the late 80's and Paul didn't really get into acting until after his death. Never even really thought about it until now.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Corbin Burnes had 14 K's in 8 innings no hitter with a walk.  But 115 pitches and they put Hader in to finish the combined no hitter.  I would have left him in, but whatever.  I think the Brewers last no hitter was in 1987.

Also, Indians have been no-hit three times this year.  So far. 
    Wobbie said:
    I will defend Griffey.  He was a stretching guy.  Believed in being loose.  Was interviewed in that he didn’t lift heavy weights and that a young Alex Rodriguez could bench more than him.
    a “stretching guy”? WTF is that??? Bonds felt comfortable enough with the juice to make his first pronouncement to GRIFFEY.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason P said:
    Corbin Burnes had 14 K's in 8 innings no hitter with a walk.  But 115 pitches and they put Hader in to finish the combined no hitter.  I would have left him in, but whatever.  I think the Brewers last no hitter was in 1987.

I’m guessing the pitcher was Juan Nieves?  I think that’s right…
  • He said in his interviews he believed in stretching more than heavy weights.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Jason P said:

I don't know what his previous high was. But pitchers who have been let to finish their no hitters with a high pitch count sometimes don't recover.
    I miss igotid88
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Jays score 8 runs last night. That actually lowered their average per game for the month. What a crazy run they are on. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    edited September 2021
    With out reading this they missed the opening.  The Seltzer market has a bigger share on the market now.

8 years ago the stadiums should have been pushing craft beers.

Citifield has a few.  Mike Keller being one of them.

Edit:  I would like to add that companies like InBev hate, hate , hate craft beers.  It's all about distribution and if InBev can't make some coin on it then they won't be shipping it and that exclusive deal they might have w a ballpark won't carry it.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    If they dropped the prices, I think they'd sell more.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    With out reading this they missed the opening.  The Seltzer market has a bigger share on the market now.

Edit:  I would like to add that companies like InBev hate, hate , hate craft beers.  It's all about distribution and if InBev can't make some coin on it then they won't be shipping it and that exclusive deal they might have w a ballpark won't carry it.
    "With out reading this"
    dykstra is in rare form (normal form, I guess) on once upon a time in queens…..and I thought I had a potty mouth.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • With out reading this they missed the opening.  The Seltzer market has a bigger share on the market now.

"With out reading this"
    I couldn't read the article.  This is my take and knowledge on the subject though.  What did the article say?
  • Wobbie said:
    dykstra is in rare form (normal form, I guess) on once upon a time in queens…..and I thought I had a potty mouth.
    Dude was lit up too, lol.  Small man complex, brash.  Loved him back in the day.  He was my favorite Met.

I lived here in NY during that time and yes, it was electric.  Yankee stadium posted a Congrats to the Mets when they won.  I always thought that was classy by them.
  • Was anyone watching the game where the first base umpire got a ball thrown at his head?

Cardinals /Mets game.  2basemen goes to throw the ball.  It goes wild.  Clocks the ump right in the side of the head.  Ump was of course watching for the play.  He goes down.  Bloody from the seams of the ball.

He wipes it off and goes back to umpiring.  That ump is tougher than most ball players...Junior Valentine.  Tough dude.

https://www.insider.com/mlb-umpire-hit-errant-throw-cardinals-mets-game-video-2021-9
    Does anyone (card collector people) do the Topps Bunt app?
  • The ‘86 Mets doc on ESPN is terrific. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • MayDay10 said:
    I haven't bothered with it in years.  I don't see the digital cards sell for much at all.
    MayDay10 said:
    I haven't bothered with it in years.  I don't see the digital cards sell for much at all.
    Nah, Im actually surprised at how much some of them are worth though (I mean not big bucks or anything, but some more than a couple bucks).

I do it mainly for fun and set-building.  Over the past 18 months, I have built a pretty decent collection of awesome cards that are cool to look at.  Something is to be said about typing in a search criteria and all applicable cards are displayed. 

It could be better.  Would like the possibility of physical redemptions.  Maybe an online auction house with their currencies.  Also, a way to bolster the value of some of these cards.  
  • MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Nah, Im actually surprised at how much some of them are worth though (I mean not big bucks or anything, but some more than a couple bucks).

I do it mainly for fun and set-building.  Over the past 18 months, I have built a pretty decent collection of awesome cards that are cool to look at.  Something is to be said about typing in a search criteria and all applicable cards are displayed. 

It could be better.  Would like the possibility of physical redemptions.  Maybe an online auction house with their currencies.  Also, a way to bolster the value of some of these cards.  
    If an NFT can be worth a bunch of money and people foolishly throw their money at a computer image then I see no reason a bunt card can't go up in price.
    The ‘86 Mets doc on ESPN is terrific. 
    the clubbie said 90% of the team was eating greenies…..yet Bonds is blackballed from the HOF.

but, yes….very enjoyable show.

I had just gotten on the FD and was watching the buckner game at work….another fireman was going ballistic over calvin schiraldi….he actually yelled “I fucking hate you” and spit on the TV screen….I’m thinking okaaaay, chill out dude….later learned the dude was a degenerate gambler and had a couple thou on the game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I don’t know what to think of Mike Trout.

a calf injury keeps you out all year? I’m thinking the HOF talk may have been premature.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16