Norm Macdonald

adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
edited February 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Just got back from seeing Norm Macdonald at the Comedy Zone in Greensboro. He was freaking hilarious. Funniest man on the planet for my money.

Here's a picture of the wife and I right after Norm said, "Enjoy your marriage while it lasts."

DSC01474-1.jpg
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Love him. :) Great pic too!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Hehehe, I love me some Norm.

Fact: Back in college one of my floor mates accused me of being to much like Norm. Reason being??? I always had the most random nonsensical things to say!
  • Norm rules. you guys seen him at that recent roast, where he did all those really lame jokes? it was the exact opposite of what a roast was supposed to be. it was hilarious. great great comedian.

he invented "note to self" for heavens sakes!!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    Norm rules. you guys seen him at that recent roast, where he did all those really lame jokes? it was the exact opposite of what a roast was supposed to be. it was hilarious. great great comedian.
    That was hilarious. The audience obviously didn't get it at first but the other comics were cracking up. I was crying from laughing so hard.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Norm is great. I love his sense of humor...very non-traditional.

Btw, Norm is still my favorite Weekend Update anchor.
  • Thorns2010 wrote:
    Hehehe, I love me some Norm.

Fact: Back in college one of my floor mates accused me of being to much like Norm. Reason being??? I always had the most random nonsensical things to say!

case in point ;)
  • Love Norm. Who's been eating Bob dole's peanut butter?!?!?!
  • adam42381 wrote:
    [
    That was hilarious. The audience obviously didn't get it at first but the other comics were cracking up. I was crying from laughing so hard.

i could not stop laughing either.....i had tears....i guess some people get it and some dont....it was great!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Norm's great... one of the most distinctive voices as well :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV5jI2Ezfx0

"hello icecream... are you having a good time, running around??"
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Has anyone heard the Moth Joke? I find it to be hysterical

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c4_1306857615
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Norm is awesome. His YouTube podcast is back. It's great.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I remember seeing him way back on Dennis Miller Live (good fucking god I miss that show), and he was fixated on how Joe Camel looked like a cock - his words, not mine :D

One of the few comedians who can make me cry laughing.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Heard he was rumored to be a candidate for taking over Craig Ferguson on the Late Late show. I'd be all into that. Another of Canada's many great talents.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Saw Norm at a comedy club about 4/5 years ago. He was a riot. Stoned out of his tree, too. Someone in the audience asked him if he was gay and he said he didn't even like that gum that squirts in your mouth, lol. Wish he'd come back.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    there's only one norm. :-$
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Damn shame that Comedy Central nixed his sports show.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Best stand up show I ever saw. Nearly peed my pants. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Seriously watch his YouTube podcast. The first one with super Dave was incredible
    edited May 2014
    His twitter account is also phenomenal. Literally play by play of sports, which brings me to my next point, his gambling and bob ucker stories on stern are incredible
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    R.I.P. after a 9 year private battle with cancer
    I miss igotid88
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Unreal

rip to super funny guy

you will be missed
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Probably my favorite Weekend Update host. 

Also his monologue when he returned to host after getting fired is legendary. 
    Funny, non-PC, and true to himself.

He made this world smile and laugh to tears. My world, anyway. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Seriously? Fuck. Rest in Peace. One of the funniest people to ever live. I was hoping to still catch him on tour at some point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Fuuuuuuck. This one sucks 
    Seriously? Fuck. Rest in Peace. One of the funniest people to ever live. I was hoping to still catch him on tour at some point. 
    Me too, Juggs. 
    Saw him at helium. Was amazing. The declo proper guys opened for him. Hell of a night. 

Had a cannibalism joke that he weaved throughout. Genius