Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Go beano go!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Running with #7.

62 miles and picking up my uncle as a pacer
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    beano.79 said:
    Running with #7.

62 miles and picking up my uncle as a pacer
    Your number is 7 right. When I look at the tracker I am looking at the number 7. If I am wrong let me know. 62 miles Wow!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    He is #6, I believe.  Wow, 73 miles - that is amazing!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    He is #6, I believe.  Wow, 73 miles - that is amazing!
    Thanks. I was confused since one of his above posts said race #7. But still cool to watch that tracker. 73 miles is awe inducing for sure. 
  • my tracker stopped working but we finished in 25 hours... So so brutal
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Awesome, great job!

Wow, amazing job! I hope you really treat yourself for a couple of days. 
    Great job, Beano! The foot looks painful. How are you feeling today? What a great accomplishment!! Treat yourself to something awesome and relaxing. When you have time, give us all the gory details.
  • Gory is the right word 😂😭

And found out we made top 30 male finish
    Great job!  Hope you are treating your feet well today/this week.

5k was fun this morning.  We did win the top fund raising team and the top three individual spots, with my sister getting second and myself first.

For the run, I was 112th.  Lol.  Last time I was 201st, and there were more people running this time so I was pleased with that.  10th in the male group for 41-50.  Must be lots of slow, old guys.  :lol: 

Appreciate the support from y'all with the fund raising!

Great job!  Hope you are treating your feet well today/this week.

5k was fun this morning.  We did win the top fund raising team and the top three individual spots, with my sister getting second and myself first.

For the run, I was 112th.  Lol.  Last time I was 201st, and there were more people running this time so I was pleased with that.  10th in the male group for 41-50.  Must be lots of slow, old guys.  :lol: 

Appreciate the support from y'all with the fund raising!

Excellent job!! And for such a great cause. 10th in your age group is awesome. The last 5K I ran some guy ran it in 1/2 the time as me, but turns out he was like 16 - so I didn't feel too bad. Good for your sister as well, and being the top fundraising team. I was so happy to contribute to that. It was for a great cause!!

Thank you!
  • Thank you!
    I haven't made my donation yet but I definitely will be 👍
  • Had a good night's sleep.

Guys I'd just like to say thank you. It's a strange and uplifting feeling knowing there's a handful of strangers across the world checking up on the race and donating so thank you soooo much 👌👌

The race didn't go as expected in that I was really struggling after 12 miles! I have no idea why but I felt terrible, our support crew were incredible and at 22 miles we took 10 mins to rest and have a coffee and from then it felt great and we pushed on past half way feeling really good, stopping at crew points to get some warm comfort food and a few minutes of company. The atmosphere coming into these crew points was great.. lots of cheering and cow bells ringing out.

We have run 100km before and we passed through that point beating our time by 15 mins. Then things started to get a bit shit again 😂 we had a crew point at mile 74 and I couldn't stop shivering and at this point is when I realised how important the support team are.. they got me up and kicked my arse out of there before it was too late.

We still managed a fair bit of running up until around mile 88.. from then on it was just a case of moving forward however we could and the last 7 or 8 miles were just brutal, I have no idea how we did it.

It felt very emotional to reach the end and all it took was a lady to bring me tomato soup and bread to set me off sobbing for a couple of minutes! 😂

Sorry for the long, self indulgent post and thank you so much for the support.

Look forward to reading about your running, but it might be a few weeks before I do any myself 😂
    Wow, that sounds like such a journey - incredible feat of willpower and teamwork.  To have gone 90+ miles and to know you have 7 or 8 miles left and to be able to tell your body to keep going....really cool what people can do if determined.  
    My family in VT was asking how you were doing as I was checking on my phone.  So, that was people invested in your progress and excited to learn more who just heard about you this weekend when I was visiting them and told them about the RH100.

"I have run 100 mile races" - pretty awesome thing to be able to say to people.  Good for you guys!

Heal up, buddy.

Also, I would find it unexpected if a person wasn't emotional after doing something like that!  
  • Also, I would find it unexpected if a person wasn't emotional after doing something like that!  
    Every emotion from joy to anger 😂 when the sun was rising our pacer was commenting how pretty it was and I remember shouting that the sun needs to stop fucking about looking pretty and get up in the fucking sky haha
    beano.79 said:
    Had a good night's sleep.

Guys I'd just like to say thank you. It's a strange and uplifting feeling knowing there's a handful of strangers across the world checking up on the race and donating so thank you soooo much 👌👌

The race didn't go as expected in that I was really struggling after 12 miles! I have no idea why but I felt terrible, our support crew were incredible and at 22 miles we took 10 mins to rest and have a coffee and from then it felt great and we pushed on past half way feeling really good, stopping at crew points to get some warm comfort food and a few minutes of company. The atmosphere coming into these crew points was great.. lots of cheering and cow bells ringing out.

We have run 100km before and we passed through that point beating our time by 15 mins. Then things started to get a bit shit again 😂 we had a crew point at mile 74 and I couldn't stop shivering and at this point is when I realised how important the support team are.. they got me up and kicked my arse out of there before it was too late.

We still managed a fair bit of running up until around mile 88.. from then on it was just a case of moving forward however we could and the last 7 or 8 miles were just brutal, I have no idea how we did it.

It felt very emotional to reach the end and all it took was a lady to bring me tomato soup and bread to set me off sobbing for a couple of minutes! 😂

Sorry for the long, self indulgent post and thank you so much for the support.

Look forward to reading about your running, but it might be a few weeks before I do any myself 😂
    Very inspiring!! Sounds like a rollercoaster of ups and downs. But you did it! I am sure it was very emotional when you finished. You earned the right to feel all the feels. 
    How is everyone’s recovery going after your races. Are you back out there yet? I am still running on the treadmill for now. It’s is actually not too bad. It is definitely more efficient. But once the cooler weather kicks in I will be back outside. 
    edited September 2021
    I took a scheduled training day (Tuesday) off, being that the week before the schedule was so jacked up and I ran on Sunday when I usually don't.  Was back out for 10 miles yesterday AM and 6 miles this morning.  Slow and steady, as it is back to being crazy humid and pretty warm again.  I am on quarantine this week in a hotel a few miles from my home (already passed negative on PCR test Tuesday and some self administered tests prior to flying Monday and again yesterday...have a CVS administered rapid response test on Friday and then can finally go home, lol) so I had nowhere to put the nasty clothing.  Even though I have a large room there would be nowhere to escape the stench. 
    Put the stuff in a bad yesterday, and again this morning, and brought it to my wife to wash and hang each day.  I don't think she liked this but she did it.  :lol:  
    Drinking some vodka tonight since there is no run tomorrow AM.  Yes!  :lol:    
    Only 16 miles for my long run this weekend, so looking forward to that.

I dont blame you for being on the treadmill.  I actually carried a camerbak with me today even though I was only going 6 miles.  Damn hot out!
  • GlowGirl said:
    How is everyone’s recovery going after your races. Are you back out there yet? I am still running on the treadmill for now. It’s is actually not too bad. It is definitely more efficient. But once the cooler weather kicks in I will be back outside. 
    My recovery is... I have covid 🤦🏼‍♂️
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Did you run 100 miles with Covid?

How are you feeling?
    Hoping it is something that leaves you quickly and without any lasting impact.  Hope your family does not have as well....
  • beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

How are you feeling?
    Hoping it is something that leaves you quickly and without any lasting impact.  Hope your family does not have as well....
    I was home Monday after the race, wife at work and daughter in school. My boss called to say that work had closed for a deep clean due to covid cases and we had to take a test. I took a lateral flow test straight away and it was positive. It seems there's a high chance I had covid when I ran 100 miles!

I am isolating in the bedroom away from the wife and daughter in the hope they won't catch it too. I haven't had contact with them since Sunday evening.

Gratefully, so far my symptoms are mild. I do hope it stays that way.
    Damn,if everything turns out ok and nobody is harmed from it this will be an incredible story.  I ran 100 miles with Covid.
    Hoping for the best.
  • Damn,if everything turns out ok and nobody is harmed from it this will be an incredible story.  I ran 100 miles with Covid.
    Hoping for the best.
    Thanks mate

I just hope my ladies stay infection free and being double jabbed counts for something 🤞
    For sure, hoping the same.
    edited September 2021
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

How are you feeling?
    I was home Monday after the race, wife at work and daughter in school. My boss called to say that work had closed for a deep clean due to covid cases and we had to take a test. I took a lateral flow test straight away and it was positive. It seems there's a high chance I had covid when I ran 100 miles!

I am isolating in the bedroom away from the wife and daughter in the hope they won't catch it too. I haven't had contact with them since Sunday evening.

Wow! I hope you are feeling ok. If you ran 100 miles with Covid all I can say is DAMN!! At least you only seem to have mild symptoms. Do you have to let the race people know you have it for contact tracing. I hope you continue to have mild symptoms and that your wife and daughter remain ok. Speedy recovery.

Just curious - if your boss hadn't called you to tell you to take the test, would you have had any idea you had covid?

Post edited by GlowGirl on
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

How are you feeling?

Oh holy hell! You did say that you weren’t feeling yourself at the beginning of the race but you pushed through. Amazing that you may have been infected already. 

Best wishes for a smooth recovery for you and no transmission to your family. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

How are you feeling?

Wow! I hope you are feeling ok. If you ran 100 miles with Covid all I can say is DAMN!! At least you only seem to have mild symptoms. Do you have to let the race people know you have it for contact tracing. I hope you continue to have mild symptoms and that your wife and daughter remain ok. Speedy recovery.

Just curious - if your boss hadn't called you to tell you to take the test, would you have had any idea you had covid?

Maybe not Monday but Tuesday/Wednesday I'd have thought something might be up. I needed a negative test to get back into work so it would never have slipped through.