1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Omg. Can you please learn a bit about the religion before spouting off about it?

72 virgins
    jesus was resurrected and parted the sea
    ya i'm good for learning about this shit
    but i think it's important to actually have real knowledge about religions to be against it or to complain about it or to form opinions about what's going on with religious-political matters. I think it's ignorant to just have a vague grasp of it or a general idea and then start forming opinions on misinformation and assumptions.

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    Um, Jesus didn't part the Red Sea. That was Moses.
    Does it really matter?....
    Yes, it matters, especially considering that Jews also have the Moses story but not the Jesus one. Anyway, generally, yeah, I think knowing a lot about what you fervently criticize is very important. Knowledge is power. Plus, the details in Bible stories really shaped certain cultural values. You don't need to believe in the Bible obviously, but it's good to know it anyway, because it has still had a huge historical impact on society.
    That's because Jesus was Jewish
    How do we know this?
    Because he lived at home till he was 30
    And his mother thought he was god

Ba dum dum
    :hang_loose:
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Omg. Can you please learn a bit about the religion before spouting off about it?

72 virgins
    but i think it's important to actually have real knowledge about religions to be against it or to complain about it or to form opinions about what's going on with religious-political matters. I think it's ignorant to just have a vague grasp of it or a general idea and then start forming opinions on misinformation and assumptions.

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    Yes, it matters, especially considering that Jews also have the Moses story but not the Jesus one. Anyway, generally, yeah, I think knowing a lot about what you fervently criticize is very important. Knowledge is power. Plus, the details in Bible stories really shaped certain cultural values. You don't need to believe in the Bible obviously, but it's good to know it anyway, because it has still had a huge historical impact on society.
    I often wonder how the history of the world would've played out had moses been executed for the murder he committed instead of him managing to run away and in time returning to Egypt to free the israelites.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    I often wonder how the history of the world would've played out had moses been executed for the murder he committed instead of him managing to run away and in time returning to Egypt to free the israelites.

Ha. Well I often wonder how the history of the world would've played out if fake stories like the one about Moses, God, and everything else that's in the Bible and other religious texts weren't used as a way to manipulate populations and politics.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins

Like I said,
    72 virgins

Ha. Well I often wonder how the history of the world would've played out if fake stories like the one about Moses, God, and everything else that's in the Bible and other religious texts weren't used as a way to manipulate populations and politics.
    that too. :)

I understand that mankind has a need of religion. I understand its genesis and its evolution from the goddess to the patriarchal god. I get that it was all about the power women possessed and how men acted to take that power and sublimate women within communities. I understand how all this came about during times when mankind didn't know all that much about the world. what interests me is why with all the scientific discoveries and advances mankind has made and the massive growth in the species' intelligence why we still cling to such archaic thoughts.
    when I go past a church and see a sign JESUS IS COMING I wonder do those people really believe jesus is coming back to earth? do they really believe in the rapture? how is that possible? do people really believe theyll be delivered up to heaven? or down to hell as the case may be. to me it seems illogical and no amount of explanation will ever make me understand that mindset. i just don't get it. however it is because of that and despite my non belief that I find religion infinitely fascinating.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ^^^
    I get that it was all about the power women possessed
    Women are delicate flowers and should not be stung by the bee.
    I agree.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    1 year.

RIP. 130 RIP's.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,485
    Sting played for first time again..i was in Paris airport about 6 on the morning..we flew over the city and we saw smoke and some fire..
    we had no idea what was happen..when we landing we found out..
    RIP..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Organized insanity.

Just brutal. Bunch of freaks. I hated this incident.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Another mass shooting in France.

Another brainwashed Islamic extremist (as if that's a surprise).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited December 2018

As always, my mind turns to Muslims in general, and what they are doing to try and stop this problem. These Islamic fanatics are hurting the Muslim world terribly, so I don't understand why we don't see a bigger Muslim backlash against these fuckers. I feel like a strong backlash from that demographic would be so much more effective than anything else (especially any kind of war or military or political response, which actually just makes things worse). And of course I really want to find out what happens with these extremists if the "west" just pulls out of the middle east altogether, which I really think it should do.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,834

The religion of peace strikes again. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,677
    Trial of 20 men accused in 2015 Paris attacks begins
    By LORI HINNANT and NICOLAS VAUX-MONTAGNY
    39 mins ago

PARIS (AP) — In a custom-built secure complex embedded within a 13th-century courthouse, France on Wednesday began the trial of 20 men accused in the Islamic State group’s 2015 attacks in Paris that left 130 people dead and hundreds injured.

The defendants were taken one by one into a glass-enclosed box at the side of the courtroom, surrounded by armed officers.

Nine gunmen and suicide bombers struck within minutes of each other at France’s national soccer stadium, the Bataclan concert hall and Paris restaurants and cafes on Nov. 13, 2015. Survivors of the attacks as well as those who mourn their dead packed the rooms, which were designed to hold 1,800 plaintiffs and over 300 lawyers.

The lone survivor of the extremist cell from that night, Salah Abdeslam, is the key defendant. Abdeslam appeared wearing a black short-sleeved shirt and black trousers.

The defendants were called in alphabetical order, and Abdeslam was first and he was asked to identify himself.

Requested to state his profession, Abdeslam said his “ambition is to become a fighter for Islamic State.”

The trial started nearly an hour later than planned. No reason for the delay was immediately given.

Abdeslam is the only one charged with murder. The same IS network went on to strike Brussels months later, killing another 32 people.

Dominique Kielemoes, whose son bled to death at one of the cafes that night, said the month dedicated to victims' testimonies at the trial will be crucial to both their own healing and that of the nation.

“The assassins, these terrorists, thought they were firing into the crowd, into a mass of people. But it wasn’t a mass — these were individuals who had a life, who loved, had hopes and expectations, and that we need to talk about at the trial. It’s important.” she said,

Twenty men are charged, but six of them will be tried in absentia. Abdeslam, who abandoned his rental car in northern Paris and discarded a malfunctioning suicide vest before fleeing home to Brussels, has refused to speak with investigators. But he holds the answers to many of the remaining questions about the attack and the people who planned it, both in Europe and abroad.

The modern courtroom was constructed within the storied 13th-century Palais de Justice in Paris, where Marie Antoinette and Emile Zola faced trial, among others.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:

all religions are religions of peace. historically, christianity has way more blood on its hands than islam. it's not even close. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

all religions are religions of peace. historically, christianity has way more blood on its hands than islam. it's not even close. 
    How about today?  

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

How about today?  

irrelevant. you either want the full picture or you don't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

How about today?  

It’s not irrelevant, IMO. 

But it is true that Christianity has been awful throughout history. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

How about today?  

It’s not irrelevant, IMO. 

But it is true that Christianity has been awful throughout history. 
    well, it's kinda like arguing that a husband beating his wife for 30 years isn't as bad as the wife fighting back twice because it "happened today". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD