Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    2099 and Venom weren't on my list, was the other three.  Not even sure I know what 2099 is, that likely was after I stopped.
    I did like the venom stuff but if he had his own comics I don't think I bought those or they came after I stopped.

Spider Ham was one of the best parts of Spider-Verse and I would take a follow up movie for Spider-Verse every day of the week, loved it.
    2099 was mid 90's as well as Venom.  Maybe closer to 93?  I was a reader of Peter Porker so that was a real geek treat to see him in that movie.  

I can do without the alternate universes though...
    Oh yeah I was probably done around 1990, maybe 89, with monthly reading.  May still have purchased but I had all I could do to keep up with girls, sports, and school from about 1990-1996.  After that I was out of college and working and had almost no interaction with comics.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:
    They brought back Doc Oc?  Interesting.
    Doc Oc and Jamie Fox’s Electro are in it. There’s also a load of rumours that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in it too.
    It's de facto confirmed. 

You forgot about Green Goblin which is confirmed now by the goblin bomb in the trailer.

And also:

Rhino and Sandman. You can see some Sandman sand in the trailer.

Oh that's right!

I want them to bring in tombstone. tarantula, rhino, Morbius.

Will it be green goblin or Hobgoblin though.  Harry is dead so Hobgoblin should be next.
    It's Willem Defoe.

Morbius is getting it's own movie by the way (Swedish director), but set in the Tobey Maguire-Spiderman universe. MCU Vulture pops up in that trailer.
    Again, I thought Harry(Defoe) was dead? And Norman is dead?
    Doc Ock died in Spider-Man 2 also...

And Dafoe played Norman. James Franco played Harry.
    Dock oc went down but wasn't actually dead?

James, Defoe, who gives a shit, they both are dead too.
    Always seemed dead to me:

https://youtu.be/1bHy30dSqVA

Doesn't matter - this is multiverse madness and from details of how and why things happens (from the teaser trailer too). Safe to say - Dock Ock died in Spider-Man 2.

Electro died to. And Jamie Foxx himself has confirmed he is back.
    I mentioned the multi universe thing earlier and got nadda...

I thought it would be silly to kill doc oc off, just like it's ludacrous to kill off the Joker or Lex Luthor or the Kingpin or Destro, etc, etc.

And yes Spiderman 3 stunk as far as unleashing Venom.
    Comic book villains shouldn't be killed of. That tradition in story telling is shit. That is one good thing they did in Batman Forever with the Riddler - ending with him in Arkham reminding kids that "one day Jim Carrey might return". Same with Joker in The Dark Knight.

If you want the leaked plot of this film:

The villains are being plucked from their universes just before their demise. MCU-Spiderman needs to go get Garfield and Maguire to help out fighting them.

Sending them to Arkham has always been part of Batman comics.  Killing them off like Batmans Joker in the 1989 film, no.

I read your spoilers.  Recycling an idea from a previous movie...
    What is recycled?
    I'll PM you.

Ahh screw it I'll talk here.

Into the Spiderverse was about alternate realities and all the spidermen came together to defeat a common enemy.  If that is what's happening here in this movie then it is totally recycled.
    Oh yeah, ofc. Into the Spiderverse is def the same thing. 

But so is DC:s version with bringing back Michael Keaton.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Rumour about someone showing up in Dr Strange 2:

Patric Stewarts Charles Xavier

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Rumour about someone showing up in Dr Strange 2:

Patric Stewarts Charles Xavier

I've been waiting for this.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    igotid88 said:
    You are correct.  He is in a minority group, lol.
  • Spoiler for new Spider-Man inside

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I hope the other two toss Tobey over and Miles fills in. 
    Tobey = worst 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • New Spider-Man trailer today.
  • So I heard that they are bringing about all the Batmans in one movie too?  So Spiderverse, new Spidey movie and Batman, all have done something to this effect.  Will we have a Freddy movie w all the Kreugers or a James Bond movie w the remaining surviving 007's?
  • So I heard that they are bringing about all the Batmans in one movie too?  So Spiderverse, new Spidey movie and Batman, all have done something to this effect.  Will we have a Freddy movie w all the Kreugers or a James Bond movie w the remaining surviving 007's?
    The Flash movie has Michael Keaton and

BATFLECK

Yes. Michael Keaton is rumoured to hang around that "universe" as a mentor type character.

"All the Kruegers"? There are two. But one is in a "remake" universe. I would not CROSS THAT BORDER OF FILTH

I want to see Pierce Brosnan return as the villain in a Bond film.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    New Spider-Man trailer today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfVOs4VSpmA

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • So the girl falling is supposed to be in reference to the Gwen Stacy part in the comics.  Gwen dies so I am pretty sure this girl will live.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    So the girl falling is supposed to be in reference to the Gwen Stacy part in the comics.  Gwen dies so I am pretty sure this girl will live.
    The popular theory I’m seeing is that Andrew Garfield will swing in at this moment to save her, thus somewhat redeeming himself from not being able to save Gwen.
  • RiotZact said:
    So the girl falling is supposed to be in reference to the Gwen Stacy part in the comics.  Gwen dies so I am pretty sure this girl will live.
    The popular theory I’m seeing is that Andrew Garfield will swing in at this moment to save her, thus somewhat redeeming himself from not being able to save Gwen.
    I can totally see that.  It's not Gwen but the new MJ so she has to live.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2021
    Or a reference to Gwen Stacy in... The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Also used for MJ in Spider-Man (2002).
  • So the girl falling is supposed to be in reference to the Gwen Stacy part in the comics.  Gwen dies so I am pretty sure this girl will live.
    Or a reference to Gwen Stacy in... The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Also used for MJ in Spider-Man (2002).
    Yeah the movies loosely represent the comics. 

I always reference the comics first though as that is where I first saw 99% of the ideas used in the movies.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Do I need to watch the Garfield movies now? The reviews were awful. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2021
    dankind said:
    Do I need to watch the Garfield movies now? The reviews were awful. 
    Best looking spider-man movies though. Especially the second one - even though it is really bad.
  • Just saw Eternals. Have been staying away from the theory videos on where this phase is going, but looks like we're going back to space. Maybe we can finally get Adam Warlock involved.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Just saw Eternals. Have been staying away from the theory videos on where this phase is going, but looks like we're going back to space. Maybe we can finally get Adam Warlock involved.
    Adam Warlock will be in Guardians 3. James Gunn confirmed that Will Poulter has been cast.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • The thing I mostly look forward with Guardians 3 -- More Sylvester Stallone.
  • goldrush said:
    Just saw Eternals. Have been staying away from the theory videos on where this phase is going, but looks like we're going back to space. Maybe we can finally get Adam Warlock involved.
    Adam Warlock will be in Guardians 3. James Gunn confirmed that Will Poulter has been cast.
    Really!?!  I love it!!!
    goldrush said:
    Really!?!  I love it!!!

https://youtu.be/TR8DFXp8xMs

(Tim Rogers)
  • So friggin cool!
  • Very cool! Very excited for the future and Guardians 3!

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye.

(Tim Rogers)