I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    out for delivery....

Reissue?  I've always found the original pressing on vinyl to be too costly. 
    Reissue is great.  Totally worth it.  

Good to know, but which one?  On Discogs I'm seeing:

Also a European Music On Vinyl but that's a label I avoid.

Did you guys get one of the other two above or am I missing one?
    Thanks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited July 2021
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    out for delivery....

Thanks!

heres the copy I bought. RTI pressed. recordmule is the seller. they have 2 copies up....

Jimi Hendrix - Blues

Url: https://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix-Blues/release/2570745

Shared from the Discogs App

have 6 or 7 titles from them by now? they seem very reasonable in their pricing unlike some sellers you see

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    why do you avoid mov?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    out for delivery....

Thanks!

heres the copy I bought. RTI pressed. recordmule is the seller. they have 2 copies up....

Jimi Hendrix - Blues

Url: https://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix-Blues/release/2570745

Shared from the Discogs App

have 6 or 7 titles from them by now? they seem very reasonable in their pricing unlike some sellers you see

Oh cool! Experience Hendrix/Legacy.  I've been happy with the ones I have so not surprised this would be a good choice.
    mickeyrat said:
    why do you avoid mov?
    My experience, from what I have (though admittedly from what I have is limited to just a few titles- Dennis Wilson, Pacific Ocean Blue and J Mascis, Live at CBGB's), and from what I've read is that they are far more often than not digitally sourced and not the greatest sounding.  I'm not 100% opposed, but would rather seek out better pressings.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

By the way, I see Record Mule has a nice combined shipping deal- that always helps.  Thanks for the heads up!

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    brianlux said:
    By the way, I see Record Mule has a nice combined shipping deal- that always helps.  Thanks for the heads up!
    Mine is the MOV.  It sounds great.  I don't avoid that label, but sometimes there are other versions that are better.  There's a version from QRP, and another from RTI.  I think you're good either way. 
    brianlux said:

RM is a real good seller. good communication, quick transactions, well packaged.fast shipping. very fair pricing.

when I see their name listed on a record I want, they get my business

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Gish for $18 at Barnes and Noble. 

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    pjpjpaul said:
    Gish for $18 at Barnes and Noble. 

Great album! One of my all time favorites.
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

RM is a real good seller. good communication, quick transactions, well packaged.fast shipping. very fair pricing.

There are so many bogus record dealers on Discogs (and even worse, in my opinion, on eBay), so it is always great to hear of a good one.  So thanks for the dealer review!

edited July 2021
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

There are so many bogus record dealers on Discogs (and even worse, in my opinion, on eBay), so it is always great to hear of a good one.  So thanks for the dealer review!

should state that I have yet to see a used title from them, but my purchases via discogs are primarily new sealed copies. but given my experience thus far I'd still trust their judgement.

stay away from a seller pop.market from kentucky. nycvinyljunkie gets a poor grade from me as well.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

should state that I have yet to see a used title from them, but my purchases via discogs are primarily new sealed copies. but given my experience thus far I'd still trust their judgement.

stay away from a seller pop.market from kentucky. nycvinyljunkie gets a poor grade from me as well.
    I’ve had no problems with pop.market. Bought from them 2 or 3 times now.
    The only North American seller I buy from on discogs because the shipping charges are about 15-20% of what everyone else is. ($3.49 US per album)

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

The only North American seller I buy from on discogs because the shipping charges are about 15-20% of what everyone else is. ($3.49 US per album)

I think they're in over their head. common theme in the negative comments of cancelled orders.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I think they're in over their head. common theme in the negative comments of cancelled orders.
    Not something I would leave negative feedback over. Cancelled orders happen and if it’s new wax I can easily purchase it elsewhere. Small potatoes
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Not something I would leave negative feedback over. Cancelled orders happen and if it’s new wax I can easily purchase it elsewhere. Small potatoes

go take a peek. the volume back to at least may is pretty significant.

heres the thing, they are SUPER quick on accepting payment.  in my case and I think many others we had to reach out when there was no other movement....only to then be cancelled.

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Dexter Gordon- One Flight Up (Tone Poet)
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    pjpjpaul said:
    Dexter Gordon- One Flight Up (Tone Poet)
    Amazing album!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    edited July 2021

Actually paid $100 CDN for this. Never played. 
    Don’t usually go for picture discs but it’s the only vinyl pressing of this. I’ll give it a spin later 👍.  Fingers crossed it doesn’t sound like shite. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848

Don’t usually go for picture discs but it’s the only vinyl pressing of this. I’ll give it a spin later 👍.  Fingers crossed it doesn’t sound like shite. 
    It’s sounds fantastic!! Only thing I would suggest is put the records in different sleeves, they “stick” in the original packaging when taking them out. Nice score, enjoy!!
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

edited July 2021
    Attaway77 said:

It’s sounds fantastic!! Only thing I would suggest is put the records in different sleeves, they “stick” in the original packaging when taking them out. Nice score, enjoy!!
    Just finished listening. Really impressed with the sound. Good call on the sleeves, every record I purchase gets Mofi inners 👍.  Static is a real problem here as the humidity is so low.

Edit - the lame ass download card was stuck to Side D. It took all of Side A and B to clean it off.  
    Attaway77 said:

Just finished listening. Really impressed with the sound. Good call on the sleeves, every record I purchase gets Mofi inners 👍.  Static is a real problem here as the humidity is so low.

Edit - the lame ass download card was stuck to Side D. It took all of Side A and B to clean it off.  

Mofi inners are good quality.  Might I suggest another step up for your really high end stuff? 
    These are terrific!  They are back-ordered but should be coming in again before too long. Worth every penny!:

Diskeeper™ Ultimate Audiophile Inner Sleeve (50 Pack)
    Behold the best LP inner sleeve ever designed. Our Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile inner sleeve is the first anti-static "rice paper" sleeve to use paper laminate on both sides for the highest strength and longest life possible. These laminated sleeves are nearly indestructible, and lined inside and out with extra-soft high-density polyethylene to prevent static and scratches from damaging your valuable records. Dual die-cut center holes allow you to view both sides of the record label without removing the record from its sleeve. Measures 12 1/12" x 12 1/12".

brianlux said:
    Attaway77 said:

Mofi inners are good quality.  Might I suggest another step up for your really high end stuff? 
    These are terrific!  They are back-ordered but should be coming in again before too long. Worth every penny!:

Behold the best LP inner sleeve ever designed. Our Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile inner sleeve is the first anti-static "rice paper" sleeve to use paper laminate on both sides for the highest strength and longest life possible. These laminated sleeves are nearly indestructible, and lined inside and out with extra-soft high-density polyethylene to prevent static and scratches from damaging your valuable records. Dual die-cut center holes allow you to view both sides of the record label without removing the record from its sleeve. Measures 12 1/12" x 12 1/12".

Thanks for that Brian! But I have ordered these from a Canadian seller:
    https://vinylstoragesolutions.ca/collections/12-inch-lp-record-products/products/coming-soon-2-mil-rice-paper-inner-sleeves-25-pieces

They are every bit as good and only $12.50CDN for 25. Just can’t beat that. The proprietor is a vinyl guy and has some really cool stuff to help us geek out. The outer sleeve protectors are awesome. 

brianlux said:
    Attaway77 said:

https://vinylstoragesolutions.ca/collections/12-inch-lp-record-products/products/coming-soon-2-mil-rice-paper-inner-sleeves-25-pieces

They are every bit as good and only $12.50CDN for 25. Just can’t beat that. The proprietor is a vinyl guy and has some really cool stuff to help us geek out. The outer sleeve protectors are awesome. 

Hey, no worries!  I'm glad you have something that works well for you.  :smile:

edited July 2021
    brianlux said:
    Attaway77 said:

How are their outers? I'm always hunting down better ones.  I do like the sleeve city ultimate 5mm but they really need one door single and another for gatefold.  The one they have now can be a struggle even for something like the tone poets.
    edited July 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Attaway77 said:

How are their outers? I'm always hunting down better ones.  I do like the sleeve city ultimate 5mm but they really need one door single and another for gatefold.  The one they have now can be a struggle even for something like the tone poets.
    He has 13” outers for the tone poet series. I have some and they work fantastic. They are resealable and you can use two of them so the gatefold is protected and you can still open it up.
    They come with an outside pocket that you slide the record inside the gatefold our outside the back of the sleeve.  Kind of hard to explain bu the website (link above) has videos to show what I’m feebly trying to explain lol. 
    2mm and 4mm thickness options. 

It’s really convenient not having to remove the wax from the sleeve every time you play. Keeps the condition of the sleeve NM.

Really good guy, excellent customer service. Tried to convince him to make some sleeves for the PJ Vault series. Told him there is a bunch of folks who would buy them. 👍
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Attaway77 said:

Hey, no worries!  I'm glad you have something that works well for you.  :smile:
    The laminate shell on those Disckeepers are a damn good idea though. 
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Attaway77 said:

He has 13” outers for the tone poet series. I have some and they work fantastic. They are resealable and you can use two of them so the gatefold is protected and you can still open it up.
    They come with an outside pocket that you slide the record inside the gatefold our outside the back of the sleeve.  Kind of hard to explain bu the website (link above) has videos to show what I’m feebly trying to explain lol. 
    2mm and 4mm thickness options. 

It’s really convenient not having to remove the wax from the sleeve every time you play. Keeps the condition of the sleeve NM.

Really good guy, excellent customer service. Tried to convince him to make some sleeves for the PJ Vault series. Told him there is a bunch of folks who would buy them. 👍
    Okay that's great.  I need some more 13" ones.  I'll have to call to see how painful shipping would be.  

I also store my records between the gatefold and outer sleeve.  Never put them back in the fold.  Easier to manage and protects them.  So having a pocket is a cool upgrade. 
    I used to used to order this combo pack.  It was perfect.  Ultra thick and crystal clear. The singles were super tight and gatefold were great. Unfortunately they haven't been stocked since the pandemic started.  May not even be in business anymore. 

https://groovevinyl.com/collections/outer-record-sleeves/products/12-inch-combo-pack-premium-outer-record-sleeves
    mrussel1 said:
    I used to used to order this combo pack.  It was perfect.  Ultra thick and crystal clear. The singles were super tight and gatefold were great. Unfortunately they haven't been stocked since the pandemic started.  May not even be in business anymore. 

https://groovevinyl.com/collections/outer-record-sleeves/products/12-inch-combo-pack-premium-outer-record-sleeves
    That’s unfortunate. Looks like a good product.

Shipping is very reasonable in Canada for vinylstoragesolutions.  My experience shipping to the States is that it is a whole lot cheaper sending stuff to the US than getting it sent here. Not sure what we did to USPS 😂