MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    igotid88 said:
    Rich Lowry is an a- hole. I don't like the name,  but it isn't worse than Pelicans and Ducks.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Rich Lowry is an a- hole. I don't like the name,  but it isn't worse than Pelicans and Ducks.
    Pelicans is pretty awful.  It fits i guess because they go hand in hand with Louisiana but still.  They should’ve tried to buy the Jazz name back.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited July 2021
    Ohhh man, I hate Javy Baez with a passion.
    So obviously he and Garret have a history and last time AG got suspended for 5 games for bullshit that MLB decided was instigating.
    What will happen to asshat Baez, now?

I am all for letting dudes celebrate but this is over the top.  I'm glad Garrett didn't go beat the shit out of Javy, although with how the bullpen has dissolved again I guess it would not be much of a loss and would be worthwhile to see that jackwagon get called on his mouthy bitch act.

I like baseball rivalries.  Too bad neither team is worth a shit this year.

https://es.pn/3BNg92M via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wizards name change gets my vote for worst.  New franchise name goes to the Mighty Ducks.
    So obviously he and Garret have a history and last time AG got suspended for 5 games for bullshit that MLB decided was instigating.

I am all for letting dudes celebrate but this is over the top.  I'm glad Garrett didn't go beat the shit out of Javy, although with how the bullpen has dissolved again I guess it would not be much of a loss and would be worthwhile to see that jackwagon get called on his mouthy bitch act.

Announcer said "Throws the bat right at him"  Pretty friggin dramatic.  He spiked the bat down and it rolled towards AG, lol.  The announcer must still want a guy to hit a HR and put his head down when he runs the bases.

I saw nothing wrong with this.  A little excessive but not a big deal.  It's good for baseball.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Disagree.  I like bat flips.  Yelling at the opponent after you win the game against him is BS.  Now, they have a history and I can fully understand why bigmouth Baez feels that he can do this....but that doesn't mean I like it.

This isn't pointing to Jesus upstairs for 5 seconds or yelling because you are fired up.  This is talking shit, plain and simple.
    I'd say he should get a fastball to the helmet, but that is bush league BS.  
    I think AG should go and knock on the clubhouse door and ask him to step outside.  :lol:

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Oh come on.  I'm a Cubs fan and I can't stand Baez either (because he sucks 98% of the time), but I don't see anything wrong with what he did.  If the tables were turned and it was Castellanos going off on Kimbrel, you'd be calling for a statue of the guy.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Being neutral and just watching it with no sound...  Baez was way over the top and looks like an assclown.  I dont really get carried away with batflips and players showing some sort of personality... but man.  
    Oh come on.  I'm a Cubs fan and I can't stand Baez either (because he sucks 98% of the time), but I don't see anything wrong with what he did.  If the tables were turned and it was Castellanos going off on Kimbrel, you'd be calling for a statue of the guy.

Eh.  Not so much.  I think AG is an idiot but that was over the top.  As stated, I like rivalries and I like having someone to hate on.
    Molina is ready to retire so Baez can be PE#1.  :lol:

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I thought it was funny.  Definitely over the top, but funny.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Baez is an asshole.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited July 2021
    What a fuckface. It’s a lazy flyball. Not like he hit it 500’. 

Yadi’s no angel, but this type of fuckery is long way past anything he’s ever done.
    Great to see Votto on a tear. 
    Stinks the ownership is weak and they dumped so much headed into this year -- if they had any bullpen this team would not be bad and would be right there for the division.

Votto is interviewed last night about his hot streak, his 2 homer game, his beauty of a catch in foul ground and throw out at the plate....and he ends by apologizing for arguing with Umps and breaking his bat recently.  Says that is not what he believes in and he doesn't want kids in Cincinnati to think this is how they should act.

Dude is hilarious, humble, and a really good leader.  Wish he had a team around him for more than a few years of his career. 
    Will be a border-line HoF player, of course as a huge fan I will support him in this but I think it will be close.
    If he can have another good year after this one it would help.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Dang, tough call. It could really go either way. If he can get to 400hr and blow past 2500 hits fairly easily it’d be hard to keep him out. Should be at 2k already but for the COV. Surprising he only has one GG. RBI numbers are criminally(Reds’ management) average.
    DewieCox said:
    Dang, tough call. It could really go either way. If he can get to 400hr and blow past 2500 hits fairly easily it’d be hard to keep him out. Should be at 2k already but for the COV. Surprising he only has one GG. RBI numbers are criminally(Reds’ management) average.

The management brutalized him over the years for prioritizing getting on base over RBIs.  His advanced stats for a spell were only in the same range as Bobblehead Bonds.  An on base machine.
    He was robbed of an MVP one year but even though he is one of my all time favorites I do think he will be a very close call. 
    Will likely depend on how he wraps things up.
    Not the end of the world, Reds fans will always love him.  Sense of humor is top shelf....the guy is really smart but kind of a clown/joker.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Love Votto.  Good dude.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    I'd say Votto's HOF chances are slim as of now, he'd need a couple more monster years and at 37, not sure that's likely.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Love Votto....My ass was at quite a few games to watch the Big Red Machine so I've been a Reds fan forever.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Love Votto....My ass was at quite a few games to watch the Big Red Machine so I've been a Reds fan forever.

At some point I will go back and find an article I read this year sharing reflections from teammates on how much of a kook the guy is, in a good way.  Very unusual dude.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Votto goes deep, again!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Stinks the ownership is weak and they dumped so much headed into this year -- if they had any bullpen this team would not be bad and would be right there for the division.

Votto is interviewed last night about his hot streak, his 2 homer game, his beauty of a catch in foul ground and throw out at the plate....and he ends by apologizing for arguing with Umps and breaking his bat recently.  Says that is not what he believes in and he doesn't want kids in Cincinnati to think this is how they should act.

Dude is hilarious, humble, and a really good leader.  Wish he had a team around him for more than a few years of his career. 
    Will be a border-line HoF player, of course as a huge fan I will support him in this but I think it will be close.

Definitely not first ballot. But if he can stay on the ballot awhile he might have a chance. But there are people ahead of him that hopefully will get in. 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

Definitely not first ballot. But if he can stay on the ballot awhile he might have a chance. But there are people ahead of him that hopefully will get in. 
    I miss igotid88
    Another double homer game last night.
    Good to see it, and timely against those fucking chirpy Cubs.

Fuck off, Cubbies!  
    ;)

igotid88 said:

I agree on that, first ballot wasn't a thought.  

Anybody want a donkey?
    I know a guy....
    So, who thought Judge got traded for Gallo?

A bunch of the trolls were giving that info yesterday...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Dude, Votto goes deep in his first at bat again! Six games in a row, 8 HRs. Locked in.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Dude, Votto goes deep in his first at bat again! Six games in a row, 8 HRs. Locked in.

Is 8 still the record for Donnie Baseball & The Kid?  Or, did someone pass that?
    tbergs said:

Is 8 still the record for Donnie Baseball & The Kid?  Or, did someone pass that?
    Record was 10 in 8 consecutive games I believe.
    Dale long did it too.  Googled it to make sure.  

WTF is Dale Long?