Options

Thanks for pulling off AMS night 2 and playing Hard To Imagine! Best band in the world!

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    How many days to go now I wonder? Hopefully the thread title can stay the same and we get some new dates for this year!
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    Hopefully! foo fighters have rescheduled their dates.  One in Hamilton is oct 1st.  Lets hope this virus fucks off.  In the meantime everyone stay safe out there.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,183
    The spring tour could include Hard To Imagine at every show and the lyrics would be fitting.

The song could dedicated to the medical heroes of the day in that city and/or around the world.  Doctors, nurses, EMT’s, police, firefighters, and really every and anyone risking their lives day after day to help others in this crazy and scary time. 

Paint a picture 40 shades of grey.  Light your pillow, lay back and watch the flames.  I’ll tell a story but no one would listen that long.

After having seen all they saw... It’s hard to imagine. 

Things were different then.  All is different now!
  • Options
    MurphymulliganMurphymulligan Ottawa Posts: 7
    How true!!
  • Options
    maverick said:
    The spring tour could include Hard To Imagine at every show and the lyrics would be fitting.

The song could dedicated to the medical heroes of the day in that city and/or around the world.  Doctors, nurses, EMT’s, police, firefighters, and really every and anyone risking their lives day after day to help others in this crazy and scary time. 

Paint a picture 40 shades of grey.  Light your pillow, lay back and watch the flames.  I’ll tell a story but no one would listen that long.

After having seen all they saw... It’s hard to imagine. 

Things were different then.  All is different now!
    Well said!
  • Options
    Sorry in advance for once again cluttering up the boards with a song request thread it but its for HTI!!! 

Still have yet to hear this live and it is my wife's (Jessica) white whale. It is such an awesome song and would love to hear it played more! Lets hear it in Ohana please and thank you! After the craziest last year and a half I feel like this is the perfect song to play. 

Thanks Jeff
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    For Jessica!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    For Jessica!!
    Pizza box written song request in order?!!!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    For Jessica!!
    Pizza box written song request in order?!!!
    Hahaha..do it Jeff!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I feel like they should practice it at shn first.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I feel like they should practice it at shn first.
    Practice makes perfect! 

Anyone else going to Ohana have this as their white whale? Be pretty cool to hear it at the beach as the sun was setting I think. 
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    Crazy to see that I havnt seen HTI since 2009.  Was on a relative hot streak from 2005-2009 with it.  Definitely one of my favorites, would love to see it this year!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Damn I haven’t heard hti since 2008!  (Five times total)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    So after reading new Jeff interview that these guys are going all out with rehearsing for the upcoming shows I think there is a good chance they really mix the sets up to shake the rust off. Hopefully Hard to Imagine is one of those songs!
  • Options
    Eddie played this song with the Strokes in 2019. My wife had a late flight and could not make the first night unfortunately. While the main band is obviously better that would of been a cool thing to see and watching the vids they did the song some justice for sure. Hopefully full band in 2021!
  • Options
    46 days until the first Ohana show! Summer is flying by fast for us. Hope everyone’s planning for Ohana is going well and can’t wait to meet a lot of you guys for the first time at this festival! 
  • Options
    Jeff mentioned they are would be rehearsing for 3 or 4 weeks before SHN. Maybe they are in Seattle now playing some songs they have not played in awhile getting ready for their shows. HTI in Ohana Please and Thanks!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Are you a little bit worried if the US keeps the borders closed for non essential travel?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    Are you a little bit worried if the US keeps the borders closed for non essential travel?
    We are full vaccinated and flying. I do not see that being an issue at all minus the testing that is needed to get to and from each country. 

Are you going? 
  • Options
    No not going, but wife and I have a vacation planned for Florida in December. We both vaccinated, but worried a little bit that we could be turned away at border as it would be deemed non essential travel. I'm hoping things get under control by then
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    BLACK35 said:
    No not going, but wife and I have a vacation planned for Florida in December. We both vaccinated, but worried a little bit that we could be turned away at border as it would be deemed non essential travel. I'm hoping things get under control by then
    Ya driving down is a different story at the moment. I am guessing that Sep 21st will be the date that it opens up on the USA side. My two sisters are in the Boston Marathon and they are patiently waiting for it to open up. Flying is always going to be an option though I think for non essential travel and fully vaccinated travelers. 
  • Options
    We would be flying ourselves, well hopefully all goes well and things Wil be opened up better and we won't need to worry about stuff like that. All the best and hope your wife gets to hear HTI. 
    As time has gone on, this happens to be one of my wife's favorite songs as well, she has been fortunate enough to hear it once...London Ont. 2005, our 1st show together. Fingers crossed for you guys
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    We would be flying ourselves, well hopefully all goes well and things Wil be opened up better and we won't need to worry about stuff like that. All the best and hope your wife gets to hear HTI. 
    As time has gone on, this happens to be one of my wife's favorite songs as well, she has been fortunate enough to hear it once...London Ont. 2005, our 1st show together. Fingers crossed for you guys
    That is awesome she got to hear it and thanks for the well wishes! My wife was actually in London in 2005 at Western University. Something big came up school wise and she had to miss the show. We both also missed what would of been our hometown show (Halifax is 3hrs from us) in Nova Scotia due to another issue and of course they played it there. Whenever they decide to play it again we hope to be there and the wait will surely be worth it! 

With regards to flying to and from Florida you will have no issues at all aside from getting tested both ways as of right now. That said have a plan in place if you test positive in Florida. I have not gotten all of the details yet what happens  if either my wife or I test positive for our flight home from California but be prepared for the worse case especially with a state as infected as FL. December is a long way off though and they should have way less cases by then. 
  • Options
    Had a good chat with my wife last night about having to skip the first weekend. My wife's grandmother who had a stroke a couple of days ago is in rough shape but doing better. Aside from the fact that her close grandmother is in the hospital we have lost 1 of our 2 babysitters and 11 days in California will not be doable. On top of that as some have probably already read if we test positive in the US before we fly home we have to stay an additional 14 days so 25 days total. Getting covid is not ideal for obvious reasons but getting it and being stuck in the US away from our home would be a disaster.

Unless a couple of things change for the better we will only be able to do Encore hence the name change for the title. I did make a slight joke with my wife last night trying to lighten the mood saying what if they play Hard to Imagine on the first weekend now. She told me to shut my mouth lol.

Hope everyone is doing ok with the month leading up to the shows!

Jeff and Jess
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    23scidoo said:
    Nice you were at this show too man! Given to Fly into Hard to Imagine into Alive. What a trio to close out the first encore. Also I had no idea they did Angie twice in Berlin. Gotta be a connection there with two partial plays like they did in 2009 and 2018. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,724
    Hope they do. That time they opened Hard To Imagine in Halifax blew my mind! 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Ya I can only imagine what that felt like! Hopefully get to feel that magic at the Encore shows!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,724
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    Ya I can only imagine what that felt like! Hopefully get to feel that magic at the Encore shows!

Crossing fingers you do get it.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    Nice you were at this show too man! Given to Fly into Hard to Imagine into Alive. What a trio to close out the first encore. Also I had no idea they did Angie twice in Berlin. Gotta be a connection there with two partial plays like they did in 2009 and 2018. 
    One of my great PJ moments Jeff..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.