Options

Thanks for pulling off AMS night 2 and playing Hard To Imagine! Best band in the world!

Comments

• Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 176
    Bump
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,823

• Options
    I'll bump this- haven't seen it live in 14 years!
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Thanks! What show did you see it and thoughts on it live?
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,363
    Unbelievable song and a great treat live. Been lucky to snag this one 3 times in 29 shows and each time it's the highlight of the show.
  • Options
    Saturday bump! 

There are a handful of great songs that they rarely play. HTI is definitely one of them. Love to hear it in Vegas!
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 673
    I would Love to hear this song, anywhere! 

As well as Alone, Footsteps, Blood, Last Exit, Present Tense...always on my list.
    Crown of Thorns played for the first time Las Vegas 2000 is one of my favorite PJ memories. It would be a great time to commemorate that, just sayin  :p
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I would Love to hear this song, anywhere! 

As well as Alone, Footsteps, Blood, Last Exit, Present Tense...always on my list.
    Crown of Thorns played for the first time Las Vegas 2000 is one of my favorite PJ memories. It would be a great time to commemorate that, just sayin  :p
    Some great songs on that list! Bet they play Blood for sure. They love saving that for the last show or two if the tour. Present Tense is going to get a lot of love this year I think after the MJ documentary and rightfully so. Easily in my top 3.

We heard Alone in Toronto 2016 and along with Present Tense it was the highlight of the show for me. Crown of Thorns in Seattle 2018 blew me away. They nailed it that night. Love to hear Chloe at some point too.

Anytime I am at a show and Last Exit comes on especially early in the set I can’t help but wonder is this the night for Vitalogy. Both Quebec City 2016 and Krakow 2018 had it early and it really set the tone for the rest of the show. And last on your list Footsteps. Maybe their best overall song on Lost Dogs and chills anytime I am lucky enough to be at a show it is played. 

Parting Ways would be my white whale but by far I would love to hear Hard to Imagine the most just to see my wife’s reaction and have her experience this great song at least once! 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    30 days until we leave for Vegas bump. First time in Vegas and am pretty excited for this trip! 
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    PJNB said:
    30 days until we leave for Vegas bump. First time in Vegas and am pretty excited for this trip! 
    My cheap ass ultimately factored in why I opted with Flair Air... and with the commotion with the ownership, looks like they may ground the planes - will probably get a better picture May 2nd
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    My cheap ass ultimately factored in why I opted with Flair Air... and with the commotion with the ownership, looks like they may ground the planes - will probably get a better picture May 2nd
    Is that the deadline for them to decide what is going on? We have 3 flights in September with Flair. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    Is that the deadline for them to decide what is going on? We have 3 flights in September with Flair. 
    Yes, they have until May 2nd to respond to the review - but they're saying how Flair is asking an 18 month exemption. I really hope we get a response at least within the first week of May, I'm already eye balling red eye flights
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    Yes, they have until May 2nd to respond to the review - but they're saying how Flair is asking an 18 month exemption. I really hope we get a response at least within the first week of May, I'm already eye balling red eye flights
    I saw that too about the 18 month exemption. Hopefully it happens especially with how chaotic the flight industry is right now. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    I saw that too about the 18 month exemption. Hopefully it happens especially with how chaotic the flight industry is right now. 
    100% - it's a bit disconcerting though with Flair, I've been tracking flight statuses the past two weeks, and boy, this airline seems to have alot of flight delays - and not your typical 30 min to 1 hr flight delay hahahaha.

at least my flights is several days from the show, normally, I'd probably be panicking but learned the hard way from the past, never travelling the same day of the show ever again hahahaha
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    100% - it's a bit disconcerting though with Flair, I've been tracking flight statuses the past two weeks, and boy, this airline seems to have alot of flight delays - and not your typical 30 min to 1 hr flight delay hahahaha.

at least my flights is several days from the show, normally, I'd probably be panicking but learned the hard way from the past, never travelling the same day of the show ever again hahahaha
    Ya I have same day for Hamilton and my wife has same day for Toronto. Booking cheaper does not look like the best option anymore. What site do you use to track flights and history?
  • Options
    I use Flightaware - you know what's crazy, taking in to account the amount of added fees I paid for the carry-on, it's just a little lower than the next cheapest which is Air Canada and Delta.

Besides the Flair cost, I like the fact that they have an afternoon departure, non-stop and afternoon arrival. We'll see, what happens - hopefully this is resolved soon and soon enough.  I'm not overly concerned about the return flight - the flight incoming will throw a wrench to my week plan though if Flair is in fact grounded- I have secured a south rim tour which happens to be on that Wednesday, a day after my supposed flight. 
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Thanks! What show did you see it and thoughts on it live?
    It was the first night of Mansfield in 2008 I believe.  Really fun show opener, although they were opening with it a lot that tour so it wasn't much of a surprise.  Still the first and only time I caught it.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    Less than a month to go! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Less than a month to go! 
    My gonads can feel the anxiousness from this Flair fiasco, kinda like the calm before a rollercoaster dropped.

I just wanna know the outcome on May 2nd whether the flights would be grounded or not hahaha
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    Less than a month to go! 
    My gonads can feel the anxiousness from this Flair fiasco, kinda like the calm before a rollercoaster dropped.

I just wanna know the outcome on May 2nd whether the flights would be grounded or not hahaha
    I think we will be good. Have to think positive! 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    Bump for a fellow Canadian 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    Thanks! Are you hitting of the first leg shows in May?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    PJNB said:
    BLACK35 said:
    No unfortunately not, we were really considering the LA shows, but the wife starts a new job May 2 and thoughts better not push the luck and ask for some time off just yet. We are hitting up Hamilton and Toronto in Sept, so that will have to do lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Slight change to the title! 
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    PJNB said:
    BLACK35 said:
    No unfortunately not, we were really considering the LA shows, but the wife starts a new job May 2 and thoughts better not push the luck and ask for some time off just yet. We are hitting up Hamilton and Toronto in Sept, so that will have to do lol
    Can't wait for the Canadian shows. They are going to be a lot of fun. 
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    PJNB said:
    hope they dont play it in Fresno 'with apologies to PJNB'!!

I've only caught it once, as the surprise opener Chicago '09.
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    PJNB said:
    hope they dont play it in Fresno 'with apologies to PJNB'!!

I've only caught it once, as the surprise opener Chicago '09.
    Worse case scenario right there lol. Doghouse for sure!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    BLACK35 said:
    PJNB said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Not that I change jobs often, but when I have, if I had a prior commitment before accepting the job, I always made it known that I’ll need that time off during the onboarding process. Most companies will be understanding to this and won’t have issues with you taking that time off. 
  • Options
    1 week till the tour starts bump! 

Really curious how these sets pan out and excited to see the greatest band in the world again.
  • Options
    Bump 

Likely in rehearsals right now. Bust it out this tour please!