Options

Ticketmaster/ LN $20 Concert Tickets 7/28 10AM

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/live-nation-lil-baby-jonas-brothers-20-tickets-1200721/

Live music is returning — slowly in some areas, swiftly in others — after the year and a half hiatus brought on by the pandemic. Live Nation is sweetening the deal for some fans, selling $20 tickets for 1,000 upcoming shows across the U.S., the major concert promoter announced Thursday.

The deal has 36 artists participating, including Lil Baby, the Jonas Brothers, The Black Crowes, Maroon 5, KISS, Alice Cooper and the Zac Brown Band. The $20 tickets will be available while supplies last starting July 28th at 12 noon E.T. 

Live Nation has been touting high demand for shows since last year, with CEO Michael Rapino reassuring investors during earnings calls that the promoter has twice as many shows slated for 2022 as it did in more typical years. It’s unclear whether Live Nation’s move today is merely a marketing scheme or a response to lower demand for the shows — but it’s worth noting that many of the artists participating in the promotion still have plentiful tickets available for their shows across the country right now. 

Live Nation, which also owns Ticketmaster, has struggled through the past year and a half, hemorrhaging money each month while the live music business remained in limbo. But Wall Street has kept confident in the concert promotion and ticketing giant, based on its power in the concert industry and the anticipated pent-up demand for live entertainment. Its stock is currently sitting at about $79.30 a share. That’s about $13 lower than the all-time high it hit in March, but it’s still worth more than at any point before the pandemic started.

The live music industry remains cautiously optimistic as it pushes forward amid growing concerns over the coronavirus’s highly contagious delta variant, which poses a particular risk to communities with low vaccination rates compared to those who have gotten the vaccine. As cases climb once again, Los Angeles County last weekend reinstated its mask mandate requiring residents to wear masks at indoor public places. 

The Foo Fighters postponed their show at the Forum last weekend after someone in the organization tested positive for Covid-19, but postponements are far less frequent as a late summer festival season is getting underway, and more bands and artists are announcing new tours each week. 

“We couldn’t be more excited to get back out on the road,” Zac Brown said in a statement accompanying Live Nation’s promotion announcement. “It’s been a long, difficult year for everyone and we’re fired up to be reuniting with our crew, sharing new music with our fans, and celebrating a brand new world.”

www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Ah yes, the annual "we didn't sell out these shows so let's try to look like good guys by offering cheap tickets" sale. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    I wonder if the fees are the usual amount....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited July 2021
    Man... I would love to grab tickets for the Black Crowes in New Hampshire tomorrow night... it's only a 2 hour drive, but hotels in that area are big $$$ & I definitely don't want to drive home afterwards. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I bought a couple from this sale a couple years back and I believe the fees were the same. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    mickeyrat said:
    It is a definite that they will charge full fees, which will probably exceed the price for the discounted tickets.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    The promotion states that $20 is the "all-in" price so the only fees charged are those for mailing physical tickets.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    In the past it has been $20 all in
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

This was a $20 all in ticket. I believe we went to Mayhem Festival on that, too. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    I remember a few years ago when they got popped for their scams and gave such a great selection 😡 of tix for cheap to make it up to the public 

shittiest acts on earth 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    CROJAM95 said:
    I remember a few years ago when they got popped for their scams and gave such a great selection 😡 of tix for cheap to make it up to the public 

shittiest acts on earth 

yah, I always felt this about selling tickets to concerts that were already having issues moving tickets. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    Some decent shows for $20 in Los Angeles....Devo, Gogol Bordello, Cold Cave, King Crimson
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    311 on a friday night on Chicago’s lakefront for $20….that’s good enough for me.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    I was hoping to score a ticket to Alanis/Garbage, but the offer doesn't seem to include the show at the Concord Pavilion. Lawn tickets are still $88 + fees. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    There are some $20 lawn tickets for the Violent Femmes/Flogging Molly show in Indy. I am thinking about getting some tickets for that show, but in the seated section.  
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    Just got two for The Black Crowes in Atlanta. They are a top five band for me and, like most, was hesitant at the least to see them on this tour, but for 20 bucks and the videos look and sound great of them. 
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm that the fees are built into the $20 or is it $20 plus fees? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com