framed poster thread

Comments

• vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    CP218430 said:

Finally got this bad boy framed. 
    I adore this poster. 
    Yeah it's a great poster, if you go to Underground Arts in Philly there is tons of Pendleton stuff around the venue.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Bit different for round here... celebration of the Jack Johnson release 50 years ago

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Finally put these four up

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KswheelerKswheeler Philadelphia Posts: 72
    Had three more done the wrigley variant I had done with a double mat and a double frame the Fenway I did a double mat with dark navy frame with a baseball bat wood grain and the Camden is a double mat with like a navy issued cloth material. I’ll post more pics when I get them hung up in the cave 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Love those all -- I really like what you did with the Fenway matte.  May have to use that whenever I get to framing the home/away show posters.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Really like the gold Wrigley frame… fantastic!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

thanks I’m really happy how they turned out 
    Hung them up Friday morning had a house fire around noon thank god it was the only room not affected by the fire 
  • gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 274
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display posters still in a portfolio? Maybe an easel or stand? I hate just keeping them stored, but also can't afford to frame them all.
    PJx69
    EVx11
    Kswheeler said:
    Hung them up Friday morning had a house fire around noon thank god it was the only room not affected by the fire 

Hope everything is OK in the rest of the house, that is awful. 
    Glad the posters are OK, of course!
    Kswheeler said:

Hope everything is OK in the rest of the house, that is awful. 
    Glad the posters are OK, of course!
    This! Hoping all is ok!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

All is good thanks glad family wasn’t home 
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    Kswheeler said:
    All is good thanks glad family wasn’t home 
    Sorry about the fire. Posters look great too. 
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display posters still in a portfolio? Maybe an easel or stand? I hate just keeping them stored, but also can't afford to frame them all.
    I googled poster display and a bunch of different styles came up. Not sure how good they are. Hope this helped. 

• gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 274
    DavidD said:
    I googled poster display and a bunch of different styles came up. Not sure how good they are. Hope this helped. 

Thank you! Yea, I'm trying to display them a way that allows me to keep them in the portfolio. I realize I'll likely have to fabricate something, as everything seems to necessitate me taking the posters out of the portfolio or displays them so high off the ground that I'm worried about stability.
    PJx69
    EVx11
    DavidD said:

oh, man, memory flash of going to the mall as a kid and flipping through the band posters to pick a new one to put on my wall.
    Cinderella!  :lol:   
    Right next to Heather Thomas.
    DavidD said:

oh, man, memory flash of going to the mall as a kid and flipping through the band posters to pick a new one to put on my wall.
    I know, right. I remember flipping through the posters finding the one that you wanted then having to find the number on all the rolled up posters. I will get so upset when I couldn’t find the matching number lol
    DavidD said:
    DavidD said:

I know, right. I remember flipping through the posters finding the one that you wanted then having to find the number on all the rolled up posters. I will get so upset when I couldn’t find the matching number lol

Yes! 
    Then you had to look through all of the other slots to see if you could get lucky and find a misplaced one.
    DavidD said:

Thank you! Yea, I'm trying to display them a way that allows me to keep them in the portfolio. I realize I'll likely have to fabricate something, as everything seems to necessitate me taking the posters out of the portfolio or displays them so high off the ground that I'm worried about stability.
    Yeah, then a easel might be better if you wanna keep them in the portfolio. The only thing I would watch out for is the area that would support the frame might not be wide enough to support the portfolio as you would open and flip through the pages. 
    If you come up with some thing I would love to see it.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    DavidD said:

Did someone shop at Spencers? ;)

• JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 179

Another Art to Frames success! 🙌🏻
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Looks great
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    That looks awesome 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    JoeyP21 said:

Fantastic! 😁

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    JoeyP21 said:

I can’t help but think of this scene from The Office happening one day with this poster on the wall of some of your houses lol. It does look nice though. 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 179
    JoeyP21 said:

I can’t help but think of this scene from The Office happening one day with this poster on the wall of some of your houses lol. It does look nice though. 

😂😂😂😂 Too funny! Showed my wife this morning and she HATES it! Good thing it’s secluded to my PJ corner of the basement. Likely where I will be sleeping tonight. 😆 
    Yeah the framing looks good but no way would my wife be cool with that thing hanging in the house.  Would need to be in my office.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    JoeyP21 said:

Gorgeous!
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,336
    Yeah the framing looks good but no way would my wife be cool with that thing hanging in the house.  Would need to be in my office.
    I figure 80 - 90% is the percentage of these concert posters that fit this status.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Pretty much all of mine are hanging in the basement.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......