Jan 6 Select Committee

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
edited July 2021 in A Moving Train
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Jim Jordan has no business around anything of importance. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412

he does. as a defendant next to osu over that doctor.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I'm surprised to not see Romney on there.

its a house thing.

mickeyrat said:

its a house thing.
    The Homeland Security head I thought wasn't but he is so the group makes sense then.
    Now Pelosi is only taking the 5 named Rs under advisement. I think at least 3 will be rejected and rightly so.

I think Kinsinger will get named. Perhaps some of the others who called bullshit on fucksticks claims. Maybe some retiring members...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Jordan is not a serious pick.  He's there to muck up the whole thing with bomb throwing.  There are a few more serious ones, but not him. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Jordan is not a serious pick.  He's there to muck up the whole thing with bomb throwing.  There are a few more serious ones, but not him. 

ranking choice is quoted as saying they will use as opportunity to slam biden.

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

ranking choice is quoted as saying they will use as opportunity to slam biden.
    That really is all these things become eventually.  Mud slinging and finger pointing.

It is amazing that you wouldn't want to find out answers about the whole situation.
    this will drag into next year for sure. gop fucked up not taking it serious and approving the commission. Per the agreement would have wrapped up by year end.... but nooooo McConnel is a shitheel.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mickeyrat said:

he does. as a defendant next to osu over that doctor.
    Solid Point.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    This will accomplish about as much as Mueller.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    I'm afraid that could be true but I'm interested in hearing the testimony of the police...their POV and what they saw and did.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    well i guess somehow hunter biden, hillary, and president obama are going to get called to testify with 3 of the gop committee members having voted against certifying the election results.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    well i guess somehow hunter biden, hillary, and president obama are going to get called to testify with 3 of the gop committee members having voted against certifying the election results.

no they wont. Pelosi wont seat these fools. Serious peopme by end of week.

mickeyrat said:

she will seat them in an attempt to allow them to embarrass themselves publicly. only to their base they will be heroes because they are incapable of shame.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

mickeyrat said:

she will seat them in an attempt to allow them to embarrass themselves publicly. only to their base they will be heroes because they are incapable of shame.

if thatz the case then what the gop says about this  would be true and we shouldnt waste the time and money.

for now , she gets benefit of doubt that this is a serious endeavor.

Kevin McCarthy’s picks for the Jan. 6 panel make clear he wants to continue the coverup
    Opinion by the Editorial Board

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/20/kevin-mccarthys-picks-jan-6-panel-make-clear-he-wants-continue-coverup/

Having successfully blocked creation of an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by supporters of then-President Donald Trump, Republicans are now intent sabotaging any kind of serious investigation. That became clear with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) selection of members to serve on the select committee formed to investigate the insurrection. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) must not allow his cynical gambit to spoil this opportunity to get to the bottom of the terrible events of Jan. 6.
    Mr. McCarthy on Monday announced his five picks — Jim Jordan of Ohio, Jim Banks of Indiana, Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy E. Nehls of Texas — for the 13-member committee. No sooner were the names revealed than Mr. Banks, who would serve as ranking minority member, issued a blistering statement that blasted Democrats, attacked the purpose of the committee and suggested Republicans might use it to attack President Biden. “I will not allow,” he said, “this committee to be turned into a forum for condemning millions of Americans because of their political beliefs.”
    On Jan. 6, Mr. Trump’s supporters stormed the Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from certifying the 2020 presidential election results. This was not a peaceful expression of political beliefs; it was a violent and criminal attempt to interfere with the democratic process. A federal judge underscored that fact on Monday when he sentenced a Jan. 6 defendant to eight months in prison, rejecting any notion that the events of that day were simple protest. “There were people storming through the halls of the Capitol saying, ‘Where’s Nancy?’ People were threatening the lives of members of Congress. That is more than a simple riot,” said U.S. District Court Judge Randolph D. Moss.
    Because of how the committee was created, Ms. Pelosi will have final say on its membership. Her appointments — including Republican Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) and Democratic Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (Miss.), the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee who will lead the panel — reflected a real seriousness of purpose. In contrast, Mr. McCarthy’s choices seem solely designed to make a circus of the proceedings. Ringleader, of course, would be Mr. Jordan, a persistent if not terribly skillful disrupter and provocateur. Mr. Jordan, Mr. Banks and Mr. Nehls all voted against certifying the results of the election despite the absence of voter fraud or major irregularities. Their complicity in feeding Mr. Trump’s lie about a stolen election is not compatible with any dispassionate investigation of the day’s events.

continues

Pelosi bars Trump allies from Jan. 6 probe; GOP vows boycott
    By MARY CLARE JALONICK
    21 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday rejected two Republicans tapped by House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy to sit on a committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, a decision the Republican denounced as “an egregious abuse of power.”

McCarthy said the GOP won't participate in the investigation if Democrats won't accept the members he appointed.

Pelosi cited the “integrity” of the probe in refusing to accept the appointments of Indiana Rep. Jim Banks, picked by McCarthy to be the top Republican on the panel, or Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan. The two men are outspoken allies of former President Donald Trump, whose supporters laid siege to the Capitol that day and interrupted the certification of President Joe Biden's win. Both of them voted to overturn the election results in the hours after the siege.

Democrats have said the investigation will go on whether the Republicans participate or not, as Pelosi has already appointed eight of the 13 members — including Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, a Trump critic — and that gives them a bipartisan quorum to proceed, according to committee rules.

Pelosi said she had spoken with McCarthy and told him that she would reject the two names.

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee," Pelosi said in a statement.

Pelosi has the authority to approve or reject members, per committee rules, though she acknowledged her move was unusual. She said “the unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision.”

The move is emblematic of the raw political tensions in Congress that have only escalated since the insurrection and raises the possibility that the investigation — the only comprehensive probe currently being conducted of the attack — will be done almost entirely by Democrats. The House voted in may to create an independent investigation that would have been evenly split between the parties, but Senate Republicans blocked that approach in a vote last month.

McCarthy said Pelosi's move will damage the institution of Congress.

“Unless Speaker Pelosi reverses course and seats all five Republican nominees, Republicans will not be party to their sham process and will instead pursue our own investigation of the facts," McCarthy said.

It is unclear how McCarthy would lead a separate investigation, as the minority does not have the power to set up committees. He said the panel has lost “all legitimacy” because Pelosi wouldn’t allow the Republicans to name their own members.

Most in the GOP have remained loyal to Trump despite the violent insurrection of his supporters that sent many lawmakers running for their lives. McCarthy wouldn’t say for weeks whether Republicans would even participate in the probe, but he sent the five names to Pelosi on Monday.

Pelosi accepted McCarthy’s three other picks — Illinois Rep. Rodney Davis, North Dakota Rep. Kelly Armstrong and Texas Rep. Troy Nehls. But McCarthy said that all five or none would participate.

Like Jordan and Banks, Nehls voted to overturn Biden’s victory. Armstrong and Davis voted to certify the election.

Banks recently traveled with Trump to the U.S.-Mexico border and visited him at his New Jersey golf course. In a statement after McCarthy tapped him for the panel, he sharply criticized the Democrats who had set it up.

“Make no mistake, Nancy Pelosi created this committee solely to malign conservatives and to justify the Left’s authoritarian agenda,” Banks said.

Democrats whom Pelosi appointed to the committee earlier this month were angry over that statement, according to a senior Democratic aide familiar with the private deliberations and who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss them. They were also concerned over Banks' two recent visits with Trump, the person said.

Jordan, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, was one of Trump’s most vocal defenders during his two impeachments and last month likened the new investigation to “impeachment three.” Trump was impeached by the House and acquitted by the Senate both times.

The back-and-forth came after all but two Republicans opposed the creation of the select committee in a House vote last month, with most in the GOP arguing that the majority-Democratic panel would conduct a partisan probe. Only Cheney and another frequent Trump critic, Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, voted in favor of the panel.

Cheney told reporters she believes that the rhetoric from McCarthy, Jordan and Banks is “disgraceful" and she agrees with Pelosi’s decision to reject the two Republicans.

“At every opportunity, the minority leader has attempted to prevent the American people from understanding what happened — to block this investigation,” Cheney said of McCarthy.

The panel will hold its first hearing next week, with at least four rank-and-file police officers who battled rioters that day testifying about their experiences. Dozens of police officers were injured as the violent mob pushed past them and broke into the Capitol building.

Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson, the chair of the panel, said the committee would carry out its duties.

“It has been more than 6 months since the attack, we owe it to our democracy to stay the course and not be distracted by side-shows," Thompson said in a statement. "That is exactly what we will be doing next Tuesday, when the bipartisan committee members take testimony from frontline heroes who put their lives on the line to protect our democracy.”

Seven people died during and after the rioting, including a woman who was shot by police as she tried to break into the House chamber and three other Trump supporters who suffered medical emergencies.

continues

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Appointing Jordan knowing he'd be rejected was a pre-meditated hissy fit.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    i cannot wait for the findings of the GOP's own investigation.

will probably be some broke ass Clue thing like "Hunter Biden started the insurrection, in the study, with his laptop. case closed."

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    lol take your ball and go home! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

will probably be some broke ass Clue thing like "Hunter Biden started the insurrection, in the study, with his laptop. case closed."
    Haha, that's friggin funny.  And so true.  

I'm going Hillary Clinton, in the Ukraine, with Hunter Biden's handgun (which he got by lying, for which he should be in a dark hole). 
    mrussel1 said:

I'm going Hillary Clinton, in the Ukraine, with Hunter Biden's handgun (which he got by lying, for which he should be in a dark hole). 
    or coronavirus was a democrat hoax started as a computer virus on hunter biden's laptop, created in behghazi, that gave democrats and antifa and BLM mind control over trump supporters, thereby making them storm the capital.

mrussel1 said:

or coronavirus was a democrat hoax started as a computer virus on hunter biden's laptop, created in behghazi, that gave democrats and antifa and BLM mind control over trump supporters, thereby making them storm the capital.

go on....

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mrussel1 said:

Allegedly. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

It's fun how the media keeps acting like the GOP is operating in good faith about this. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    lol take your ball and go home! 
    They will set up some sham investigation that will mirror their sham election "audits" and release a report that will exonerate the rioters as patriots and heroes of democracy and freedom.
    edited July 2021

Pelosi says Jan. 6 panel to move ahead without GOP's choices
    By MARY CLARE JALONICK
    1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says a committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection “will do the job it set out to do” despite Republicans’ vow to boycott the probe.

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy said on Wednesday that Republicans won’t participate after Pelosi rejected two of the Republicans he chose to sit on the panel, Reps. Jim Banks of Indiana and Jim Jordan of Ohio. Pelosi made clear on Thursday that she won’t relent, telling reporters that the two men “took actions that made it ridiculous to put them on such a committee seeking the truth.”

“It is my responsibility as the speaker of the House to make sure we get to the truth of this, and we will not let their antics stand in the way of that,” Pelosi said.

Banks and Jordan are outspoken allies of former President Donald Trump, whose supporters laid siege to the Capitol on Jan. 6 and interrupted the certification of President Joe Biden’s electiwin. Both men voted to overturn the election results in the hours after the siege.

It is unclear, for now, whether Pelosi will try and appoint other members to the panel, as she has the authority to do under committee rules. She left open the possibility, saying that there are other members who would like to participate. “We’ll see.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the rejection of two Republicans to be on a committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection is about "not wasting time" when we need the find the truth for the American people. (July 22)

continued at

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us-capitol-breach-investigation_n_60f9c896e4b0d1bafbfc033f

Post edited by Kat on

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    I hope they subpoena his ass and ask him to say how he knows this to be true or what evidence does he possess that would show the American people that its true:

When former president Donald Trump sat down for an interview in late March at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., he described the events of Jan. 6 as largely peaceful and his supporters as friendly, saying the audience he addressed at a rally on the Ellipse before the attack on the U.S. Capitol was a “loving crowd.”

Five people later died after thousands of his supporters beat back police to storm through barricades and charge inside the Capitol, and hundreds of lawmakers and their staffers were forced to scramble for safety. But Trump, speaking in an exclusive interview for the new book “I Alone Can Fix It,” said the mob was “ushered in” by police.

“Personally what I wanted is what they wanted,” he said of the crowd. “They showed up just to show support because I happen to believe the election was rigged at a level like nothing has ever been rigged before.”

He also detailed his disappointment in and anger with then-Vice President Mike Pence and would not commit to selecting Pence as his running mate if he runs again in 2024. “I’m not locked into anything,” he said.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©