2023 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Considering i was up against one of the best teams in the league, I'll take that 5-6-3 loss.The matchups were pretty close overall.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Chad will still count that as speweing on your back.
    :lol:
    I get Tempo this week.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    I get Tempo this week.  
    My team has forgotten how to hit and steal a base.

The speedster I drafted specifically for stealing bases, has been out all year.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    I get Tempo this week.  

I have a surplus of bats, if you want to move a pitcher.
    I get Tempo this week.  

I have a surplus of bats, if you want to move a pitcher.
    When my bats wake up I'll be fine, for whatever reason how I draft all the players are on the same damn biorythm...

My pitching is what saves me.

What team are you?  I'd take a look.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Jobu's Rum
    Damn, I have like about 10 people who are hurt/DTD/Covid-19 right now. Somehow still doing ok this week
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    My team absolutely baffles me.  They do killer one week then fall off a cliff the next...

The lack of hitting is driving me nuts oh and my team never does well on a Friday...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That is one of the reasons I like trading....everyone likes who they draft but if you finish outside of playoffs that will not matter.  Sometimes shake ups can work.

I think my hitters can be much better than they have been, and be scary.  
    Don't love my pitching this year.
    That is one of the reasons I like trading....everyone likes who they draft but if you finish outside of playoffs that will not matter.  Sometimes shake ups can work.

I think my hitters can be much better than they have been, and be scary.  
    Don't love my pitching this year.
    Dumb thing is when they do good it's streaky.  The most consistent player I had was Buxton then he got hurt.

Every time I remove Petersen from the line up he hits a damn HR...
    I seriously have the worst luck in this game.  Whomever I draft seems to get hurt.  Buxton is back on the DL after getting hit by a pitch and returning for being out for weeks...
    Bregman hurt, Mondesi hurt, Soto was hurt, Bennintendi hurt, Segura hurt.

That's an all-star caliber IL team...

These are all players I researched and recruited.  A baseball scout I am not apparently...
    While I can clearly see looking at the results that your team is not very good, some of these look to be good picks and just injuries that happen/nothing predictable:

Soto is a round 1 lock, I don't think anyone would argue with that pick

Bregman, you got a pretty good value there.  He looks like he might be a "Trash Can Aided Guy" as his numbers are down but not a predictable injury guy

Late Round picks are always flyers:

Benetendi sucked absolute balls in 2019 and was even worse last year, when played in less than 15 games...because of injury.
    That being the case, you spent a 21st round (pick #203) pick on him.  That is not bad.  Looking at his ranking for the season he is a legitimate starting OF for a fantasy roster -- for a 21st round pick that is good. 

Segura was undrafted and a very good pick up.  Basic consensus going into the season was that he sucks.  That is why he was not picked in 231 picks.  Sucks for you (and really for the Phillies!) that he is out.

These are the two where I think you could say that you missed on your scouting...perhaps it is your passion for talent and minor league hyped players.  Both of these guys have the types of baseball talent that scouts drool over....but they are both also guys that many fantasy writers/players automatically avoid/add to their Do Not Draft lists because there are always some folks in drafts willing to pay more than likely is warranted for risky picks.

Mondesi was hurt going into the draft & has been hurt multiple times over the past few years.  He was there in the 3rd round not because of his skill but because people don't generally like to draft dudes who get hurt all of the time up that high.  High risk, potentially high reward.  You gamble sometimes you get the shit end of the stick.

Buxton was a value pick in the 12th round but is also a guy who was there due to history of injuries and under-performance.  Many passed on considering him due to this so it shouldn't be a shock he is out on the IL.

They could both be stars come playoff time...but you need to make the playoffs to be able to benefit from that and with this being a stat compilation game throughout the season to get there taking dudes with suspect injury history is always a risk.

I know about shitty picks and some shitty luck.
    Anthony Rendon was my 2nd pick and he is hot fucking trash.  Awful.  Injured a lot and when he is on the field he blows.  No reason to expect he would be horrendous. 
    Glasnow was a "great" pick as my first SP in the 6th round, was a top 5 SP.  Injured/done until perhaps the end of the year. 
    I went Yaz/Robles/Corbin 11/12/13 and cut them all.  Horrible 3 picks in a row....all 3 were reaches.
    Bunch of other draft moves I made were AWFUL.
    Gotta make good wire moves/trades.  Sitting on the team you draft is almost always a bad idea in this game, imo.

Still time for you to claw your way back into it but I would suggest trading/making moves and shaking the tree.
    edited June 2021
    While I can clearly see looking at the results that your team is not very good, some of these look to be good picks and just injuries that happen/nothing predictable:

Bregman, you got a pretty good value there.  He looks like he might be a "Trash Can Aided Guy" as his numbers are down but not a predictable injury guy

Benetendi sucked absolute balls in 2019 and was even worse last year, when played in less than 15 games...because of injury.
    That being the case, you spent a 21st round (pick #203) pick on him.  That is not bad.  Looking at his ranking for the season he is a legitimate starting OF for a fantasy roster -- for a 21st round pick that is good. 

Segura was undrafted and a very good pick up.  Basic consensus going into the season was that he sucks.  That is why he was not picked in 231 picks.  Sucks for you (and really for the Phillies!) that he is out.

These are the two where I think you could say that you missed on your scouting...perhaps it is your passion for talent and minor league hyped players.  Both of these guys have the types of baseball talent that scouts drool over....but they are both also guys that many fantasy writers/players automatically avoid/add to their Do Not Draft lists because there are always some folks in drafts willing to pay more than likely is warranted for risky picks.

Mondesi was hurt going into the draft & has been hurt multiple times over the past few years.  He was there in the 3rd round not because of his skill but because people don't generally like to draft dudes who get hurt all of the time up that high.  High risk, potentially high reward.  You gamble sometimes you get the shit end of the stick.

Buxton was a value pick in the 12th round but is also a guy who was there due to history of injuries and under-performance.  Many passed on considering him due to this so it shouldn't be a shock he is out on the IL.

They could both be stars come playoff time...but you need to make the playoffs to be able to benefit from that and with this being a stat compilation game throughout the season to get there taking dudes with suspect injury history is always a risk.

Anthony Rendon was my 2nd pick and he is hot fucking trash.  Awful.  Injured a lot and when he is on the field he blows.  No reason to expect he would be horrendous. 
    Glasnow was a "great" pick as my first SP in the 6th round, was a top 5 SP.  Injured/done until perhaps the end of the year. 
    I went Yaz/Robles/Corbin 11/12/13 and cut them all.  Horrible 3 picks in a row....all 3 were reaches.
    Gotta make good wire moves/trades.  Sitting on the team you draft is almost always a bad idea in this game, imo.

Still time for you to claw your way back into it but I would suggest trading/making moves and shaking the tree.
    Yaz and Robles were great picks going in for you as was Glasnow.  I have zero problems w those guys.  Robles fell off a cliff too.

Buxton I knew would get hurt but with the litany of outfielders I had he was worth it.  The recent injury just friggin sux.

I placed my team in a position to weather an injury or two.  Having 5 players hurt at the same time is just awful.

Let me check some trades out and see what I can do.

EDIT:  Segura has put together a decent career and not sure why the hate for him?
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Yaz and Robles were great picks going in for you as was Glasnow.  I have zero problems w those guys.  Robles fell off a cliff too.

Buxton I knew would get hurt but with the litany of outfielders I had he was worth it.  The recent injury just friggin sux.

I placed my team in a position to weather an injury or two.  Having 5 players hurt at the same time is just awful.

EDIT:  Segura has put together a decent career and not sure why the hate for him?

I think the inconsistency throughout many of the seasons and just matching him up against the other options at his positions.  Not saying Segura hasn't been on teams most years but his going undrafted means we all pretty much felt that way.
    He has been good this year, though.

I think the inconsistency throughout many of the seasons and just matching him up against the other options at his positions.  Not saying Segura hasn't been on teams most years but his going undrafted means we all pretty much felt that way.
    He has been good this year, though.
    He is a late round pick up for me always.  Not someone I'm choosing early usually.
    Was doing pretty well last week until Friday came and Nola had a horrible game. Least still in contention and so far doing well this week
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    How my team beat the best team I'll never understand.  Matt's team stunk it up worse than mine did.
    Hopefully he does it up that way 2x in a row, give me 1st place.  ;)
    Losing my best SP hurt, big time, but otherwise I think the squad looks pretty decent at the break.
    Certainly my hitting is badass.
    Gotta be the best Infield in the league:

Catcher - Realmuto
    1B - Votto (until Canha gets back)
    2B - Albies
    3B - Vladdy
    SS - Turner
    IF - Altuve

If Rendon gets healthy and plays like he can then Canha can go back to OF, Vladdy goes 1B and Rendon gets back 3B.

Let's not talk about pitchers.  :lol:

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

#maynardsux
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

i've done horrible the past two weeks (luckily still in the playoff race)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I am in first place in all 4 of my fantasy baseball leagues right now....which means I will win none of them.  :lol:   For some reason being in first always seems to be a jinx to me.
    6 weeks left until playoffs.  Everyone is still in it, it looks like Chris and Eric sitting in 7th and 8th are a few strong weeks away from putting pressure on the 2 slots in front of them. 
    Placed 1-4 look pretty solid, but a collapse can always happen.

Turner (covid)
    Castellanos IL
    Rendon IL

2 of those 3 were in best hitters category, and Rendon pretty much sucked although he was meant to be in that category.
    2 pitchers hurt on IL as well.

This season is whack. 
    My team as a whole has finally been hitting.  My 3 best hitters are still out...  My best 2 pitchers are out...  I still keep plugging away though.

Kind of wish they were hitting this well in the beginning of the year.
    My team as a whole has finally been hitting.  My 3 best hitters are still out...  My best 2 pitchers are out...  I still keep plugging away though.

Well you get your shot @ #1 this week.  :lol:    Good time to catch me with Turner and Castellanos out, they had been tearing it up.
    Good luck!

Well you get your shot @ #1 this week.  :lol:    Good time to catch me with Turner and Castellanos out, they had been tearing it up.
    Good luck!
    I need a wee bit more pop from the bats if I'm making a run on you.  Last week was slow for HR's.
    last week before playoff starts. Looks like is should sneak into the final playoff spot. My hitting has been great, unfortunately my pitching has been up and down (mostly down recently)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • My team has been so bad down the stretch..  I tried filling holes, injuries galore.  The talent pool was picked clean…

There is always next year…
  • Was a tight race between #5, #6 and #7. Haven't beat my first round matchup this season, so will be an uphill battle.
    Good luck y'all!
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Looks like it's gonna come down today and tomorrow between Plumdog and myself. Deadlocked going into today. Hope it doesn't end in a tie cause I think I would lose the tie-breaker,
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD