The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Ass cheeks 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited June 2021
    Pointing up to the sky is annoying for starters. Keeping your arms up for more than 5 seconds is overkill.
    Talking about the Angels closer
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    igotid88 said:
    Pointing up to the sky is annoying for starters. Keeping your arms up for more than 5 seconds is overkill.

After the final out? 
    Let the dudes do a dance, stand on their heads, etc.
    Chapman did an awkward somersault one time....which was hilarious.

Not sure why there is an issue --- however, if you mean after beating an individual batter, I think emotion is fine but agree that a celebration should be less than if the ballgame is over.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    igotid88 said:

After the final out? 

Not sure why there is an issue --- however, if you mean after beating an individual batter, I think emotion is fine but agree that a celebration should be less than if the ballgame is over.
    I'll understand if he got out of a based loaded jam. But he struck out the side. 
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

After the final out? 

I'll understand if he got out of a based loaded jam. But he struck out the side. 

Just watched it.
    I got 4.84 seconds on that.  :lol: 

Can certainly understand Yanks fans being upset about things at this point in the season...$142MM team and average results.  Not sure that Raisel Iglesias is trying to throw anything at the opponent, he just dominated three hitters meant to be very good and celebrated.
    Angels are 2 below .500 and trying to stay in things while without Trout. 

No problem with it from me.  Win a game...
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

After the final out? 

Just watched it.

Can certainly understand Yanks fans being upset about things at this point in the season...$142MM team and average results.  Not sure that Raisel Iglesias is trying to throw anything at the opponent, he just dominated three hitters meant to be very good and celebrated.

Would have felt the same if it was against another team.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

After the final out? 

Just watched it.

Would have felt the same if it was against another team.

Gotcha.  Was just trying to understand.
    IMO, baseball needs to allow players to express themselves.  I don't want to be Trevor Bauer here but I do think he is onto something in pointing out how fans want to see expression over old school rules.
    I know many baseball fans do not welcome this and consider it showboating or reason to be plunked when a pitcher celebrates or a batter flips the bat or watches the ball.
    It's like celebrating a first down when you're losing 40-0
    I miss igotid88
    But they won...
    edited June 2021
    But they won...
    I wasn't comparing the first down analogy to the win. But that being said it wasn't an exciting or pressure inning. I don't mind celebrating. But at times it comes off as douchey. If he had beef with those 3 batters and struck them out. I can see it
    I miss igotid88
    This comes off as very @Wobbie 
    :lol: 

He might get 30-40 chances to do his job and secure his team the victory.  For him, or his teammates/Angels fans, striking out the side is likely an exciting inning. 

Also, just because I know a bit about him being a Reds fan & him coming up with the Reds, the guy is up and down throughout most seasons - and you can see by his stats this year that this is the case again.  Sure he is fired up to be going well right now.

Oh well -- we don't agree.  No worries.
    Gerrit Cole striking out Josh Donaldson after being called out. Would have been an appropriate time. Also pointing up like "god" only wants you to do well and not the other person 
    I miss igotid88
    edited June 2021
    Damn the Blue Jays got Adam Cimber and Corey Dickerson from the Marlins. I would have liked for the Yankees to get Dickerson, a decent lefthanded bat. Maybe the Yankees wouldn't have paid the remaining $4 million from Dickerson's contract if they were contacted about him as to not go above the threshold 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    End the Jameson experiment too 
    Damn Ohtani. And we tried to get him too.
    I miss igotid88
    I’ll pay for tailion’s Uber wherever he wants to go, just get the fuck out 
    Judge not in the lineup today. So we won't see Ohtani vs. Judge
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Judge not in the lineup today. So we won't see Ohtani vs. Judge
    And Ohtani is batting today
    I miss igotid88
    Stanton isn't afraid to face Ohtani
    I miss igotid88
    Hell yeah!
    Chapman is broken
    I miss igotid88
    Wish they had called the game
    I miss igotid88
    Lol oh my fucking god 
    edited July 2021
    Did Iglesias point up for five seconds after his 9 pitch save to top his former mentor and teammate, Chapman?

Baseball is a great and also painful game.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Need Hal’s first George moment. Didn’t see it coming but people are gonna get fired for sure. Not today, but I’m thinking it’s Cashman’s last year 
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Need Hal’s first George moment. Didn’t see it coming but people are gonna get fired for sure. Not today, but I’m thinking it’s Cashman’s last year 
    the comment on the players was the closest he got to George. Nowhere in what he said did I think George missive with the Patton Theme playing in the background.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Damn Cole. Damn Patton
    I miss igotid88