I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Some preorders I'm looking forward to. 

@pjpjpaul Did you ever get that Violent Femmes compilation. I preordered it from Rough Trade in April and it was supposed to be released May 21. I haven’t heard a word since. I would have thought they would have shipped it out by now. I guess I can contact them. But I was wondering if you got yours. 
    Yeah came a few weeks back. I ordered from my local record store.
    Thanks. I am going to have to contact Rough Trade and see what is going on. 
    Rough Trade just canceled my Violent Femmes Add It Up aqua vinyl edition. I preordered it well before it went on sale. Of course, now the aqua vinyl is sold out everywhere. I had to spend $20 more to buy a sealed one on Ebay. Thanks for letting me vent.

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

@pjpjpaul Did you ever get that Violent Femmes compilation. I preordered it from Rough Trade in April and it was supposed to be released May 21. I haven’t heard a word since. I would have thought they would have shipped it out by now. I guess I can contact them. But I was wondering if you got yours. 
    Rough Trade just canceled my Violent Femmes Add It Up aqua vinyl edition. I preordered it well before it went on sale. Of course, now the aqua vinyl is sold out everywhere. I had to spend $20 more to buy a sealed one on Ebay. Thanks for letting me vent.

There is one for 36 bucks including shipping on discogs. Hope it didn't set you back too much. Rough indeed... if it's any consolation the record is great. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

There is one for 36 bucks including shipping on discogs. Hope it didn't set you back too much. Rough indeed... if it's any consolation the record is great. 
    Thanks. I think I spent $47. It could have been worse. It should get here next week. I found the black version for less, but really wanted the aqua. 
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    May 30th said:

Nice. I loved the last album and looking forward to this.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    It’s amazing. Would highly recommend. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    edited June 2021
    WOW!  Get this album NOW!!!!!!!

Incredible sounding album and players........a must have!!!!!

Here's a link with a description.........only one I could find with a decent description.  I grabbed my copy from Amazon.

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/products/oliver-nelson-blues-and-the-abstract-truth-verve-acoustic-sounds-series-lp

The Blues Abstract Truth  (Verve Acoustic Sound Series)

Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Here's a link with a description.........only one I could find with a decent description.  I gram my copy from Amazon.

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/products/oliver-nelson-blues-and-the-abstract-truth-verve-acoustic-sounds-series-lp

Mine is on the way.  This is a really important jazz record, and I have also heard that the sound is amazing.  I ordered it from Target, I'm really not sure why I did that.  But it will be here Monday I believe.  Very excited.  This one must be hot because it's out of stock on Amazon already.  

I got Katanga! yesterday.  You guys were right, it's fantastic.  I didn't love the first song, as I don't love that pace of jazz, but after that it was amazing!  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:

Here's a link with a description.........only one I could find with a decent description.  I gram my copy from Amazon.

Mine is on the way.  This is a really important jazz record, and I have also heard that the sound is amazing.  I ordered it from Target, I'm really not sure why I did that.  But it will be here Monday I believe.  Very excited.  This one must be hot because it's out of stock on Amazon already.  

I got Katanga! yesterday.  You guys were right, it's fantastic.  I didn't love the first song, as I don't love that pace of jazz, but after that it was amazing!  

target version going to be the same print? its like half the price of the linked version above.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

target version going to be the same print? its like half the price of the linked version above.
    $26 compared to$34 on acoustic sounds is what I saw.  Yes,  it's the Verve partnership with Ap/qrp.  
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    An interesting message from Joyful Noise Recordings on the current state of vinyl delays:

A few words on manufacturing delays...
    Hi you...

We wanted to make you aware of the current status of vinyl manufacturing. Some of you may already be aware, but the state of vinyl manufacturing has become a world-wide problem. Everybody seems to be rushing to press their pandemic-delayed albums (and/or their newly recorded "COVID albums"), which is causing a tremendous bottle-neck in vinyl manufacturing. Vinyl releases that usually require 2 months to manufacture are now at 6, 8, even 11 months! It's insane. At one of our manufacturers, if we submit an album today, they're saying we won't receive it until April 2022... It takes less time to create a human being...

Additionally, we are now even seeing these delays impacting our cassette manufacturers and our supply of shipping materials…But even though this is a tremendous annoyance for us, our bands, and you – we are trying to remind ourselves that the entire planet is recovering from a once-in-a-generation global catastrophe. Something that we'll all be telling our grandchildren about...and this vinyl bottleneck is a great indication that the music industry and live shows are on track to return in full force.

We promise we will do all we can to keep these delays to a minimum, and we will work hard to make sure that orders ship from Joyful Noise as soon as possible after the vinyl arrives at our warehouse. Moving forward, we will be announcing new releases more or less in line with our original 2021 schedule, but in most instances the Digital/CD/Tape will be released first, and the vinyl will ship at an estimated date a couple months later.

We wish we could have more precise information for you, but this is an industry-wide problem which is completely out of our control. If you are a subscriber to any of our monthly subscriptions, we absolutely 100% promise you that you will receive every record included in your membership for the year. All in due time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

xoxo,
    The JNR Team
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

$26 compared to$34 on acoustic sounds is what I saw.  Yes,  it's the Verve partnership with Ap/qrp.  

ordered...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I thought Target sold out days ago?  I shouldve ordered from there if it came back lol.  
    edited June 2021
    I thought Target sold out days ago?  I shouldve ordered from there if it came back lol.  
    there were 7 online only available when I ordered?

just looked right now and it says 6 left.....

goldrush said:
    An interesting message from Joyful Noise Recordings on the current state of vinyl delays:

A few words on manufacturing delays...
    Hi you...

We wanted to make you aware of the current status of vinyl manufacturing. Some of you may already be aware, but the state of vinyl manufacturing has become a world-wide problem. Everybody seems to be rushing to press their pandemic-delayed albums (and/or their newly recorded "COVID albums"), which is causing a tremendous bottle-neck in vinyl manufacturing. Vinyl releases that usually require 2 months to manufacture are now at 6, 8, even 11 months! It's insane. At one of our manufacturers, if we submit an album today, they're saying we won't receive it until April 2022... It takes less time to create a human being...

Additionally, we are now even seeing these delays impacting our cassette manufacturers and our supply of shipping materials…But even though this is a tremendous annoyance for us, our bands, and you – we are trying to remind ourselves that the entire planet is recovering from a once-in-a-generation global catastrophe. Something that we'll all be telling our grandchildren about...and this vinyl bottleneck is a great indication that the music industry and live shows are on track to return in full force.

We promise we will do all we can to keep these delays to a minimum, and we will work hard to make sure that orders ship from Joyful Noise as soon as possible after the vinyl arrives at our warehouse. Moving forward, we will be announcing new releases more or less in line with our original 2021 schedule, but in most instances the Digital/CD/Tape will be released first, and the vinyl will ship at an estimated date a couple months later.

We wish we could have more precise information for you, but this is an industry-wide problem which is completely out of our control. If you are a subscriber to any of our monthly subscriptions, we absolutely 100% promise you that you will receive every record included in your membership for the year. All in due time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

xoxo,
    The JNR Team
    ......according to this video (don't know if this guy is full of shit or not) he states the RTI alone is behind in pressing one million records.
    That's absolutely crazy!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syeFVM6nKXc
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Here's a link with a description.........only one I could find with a decent description.  I grabbed my copy from Amazon.

I don't normally jump on things like this right away.   I have to watch my spending and usually take a day or two to think it over.  But when I saw your post, saw the lineup here (!), read a few review, and notices the 25% discount offer, I went for it.  This looks terrific!  Thanks for the heads up!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

I don't normally jump on things like this right away.   I have to watch my spending and usually take a day or two to think it over.  But when I saw your post, saw the lineup here (!), read a few review, and notices the 25% discount offer, I went for it.  This looks terrific!  Thanks for the heads up!
    Anytime Brian!  Glad I could help!!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,604
    Canicomeoverandlisten? 
    Let's start a record commune. Imagine 100 people trying to decide what to spin. Maybe buy a mansion with different listening rooms. I'll bring the kool aid!

Loujoe said:
    Canicomeoverandlisten? 
    Let's start a record commune. Imagine 100 people trying to decide what to spin. Maybe buy a mansion with different listening rooms. I'll bring the kool aid!
    I'm down!!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Everything seems to be behind on production.  Raw materials, lumber, grading card industry and vinyl.
    Everything seems to be behind on production.  Raw materials, lumber, grading card industry and vinyl.
    And yet somehow I still find plenty of new records to buy...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    mrussel1 said:
    Exactly.  PLENTY of new music out there to delve into.
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Starting my first week of holidays since way before COVID, and as I’m having my morning coffee Canada Post drops off these two. My day is set 😀
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    They all looks so good together :)
    edited June 2021
    ^^they sure do.  I used to buy two copies of each but the shelf real estate was overwhelming.  Sold all the sealed ones except for the 98’s.  

How come i never thought about putting them in order by year?
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mrussel1 said:
    Yup. My monthly credit card bill is a friendly reminder haha
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Arrived today

mickeyrat said:

Im not sure if that’s the one im after, mickey.  I ordered the new pressing. This one may be the 2019 one (which is still good)
    mickeyrat said:

Im not sure if that’s the one im after, mickey.  I ordered the new pressing. This one may be the 2019 one (which is still good)

it is. just looked up the barcode on discogs.

target is pretty light on details.