MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Dang it! Glasnow has a partial tear of his UCL. He's pretty much done. He was dominating for me in fantasy and just fun to watch pile up the whiffs. The hits just keep coming.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^He mostly comes off like a petulant child^^^
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    tbergs said:
    Dang it! Glasnow has a partial tear of his UCL. He's pretty much done. He was dominating for me in fantasy and just fun to watch pile up the whiffs. The hits just keep coming.
    Yep I had him as well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited June 2021
    So I cheated for four years and now because I can’t cheat I got hurt?  Boo fucking hoo.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    pjhawks said:
    So I cheated for four years and now because I can’t cheat I got hurt?  Boo fucking hoo.
    Yeah, this is fucking lame. It does seem a lot of pitchers are dropping lately. Having to actually rely on just your natural ability must be too much after years of enhancements.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    You guys are pretty dramatic 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Correa and Altuve were clutch last night! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    So, Vlad Jr, Ohtani, Tatis, WTF is Winker, Castellanos, Acuna, Segura, my hero Matt Olson.

All the big dogs so far.,  Buxton makes his debut back soon.  I hope he continues where he left off.

Anyone else out there catching your eye?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    WTF is Winker?  What do you mean?  As a prospect nerd you must remember him?
    The biggest shocker with him is that he is actually fielding like a major leaguer this season.  At least he could hit before and is just hitting much better.  Feel like he was not even a passable major league outfielder before.  Clearly he is a hard worker to now look like a guy who can be ok out there.  (Don't think any gold gloves are in his future, still...)

Bichette is coming on
    Yuli has cooled off some but has a great season going
    Kyle Tucker turned it on a while ago and has been killing it after being absolutely awful the first month or so

WTF is Winker?  What do you mean?  As a prospect nerd you must remember him?
    The biggest shocker with him is that he is actually fielding like a major leaguer this season.  At least he could hit before and is just hitting much better.  Feel like he was not even a passable major league outfielder before.  Clearly he is a hard worker to now look like a guy who can be ok out there.  (Don't think any gold gloves are in his future, still...)

Bichette is coming on
    Yuli has cooled off some but has a great season going
    Kyle Tucker turned it on a while ago and has been killing it after being absolutely awful the first month or so

Winker and Walsh were never, ever on my radar for prospects...  Not a sniff.  Scooter Gennete was the last quirky white guy I can remember making a buzz.  Put it this way, I still haven't dug out any Winker or Walsh cards...

Bichette, Yuli and Tucker yes!

Austin Riley perhaps?

I know Madrigal had a go and got hurt, that was unfortunate.  Any other surprises that I maybe missing?  Adam Fraiser?  Talk about late bloomer.  My boy Kelenic had to go back down.  Bring in Julio next Seattle!!!
    edited June 2021
    Winker was late first round and an exciting prospect during his first few tastes, then he was hurt.  When he came back he was just OK for 2019 and last year.  Good to see him back to being exciting.
    Hope the Reds don't trade him....Castellenos is awesome/fun and he stayed when he could have opted out but I can see them trading him. 
    Fucking small market bullshit.

Hunter Greene on your card list? 
    He could be a very exciting pitcher, just got the bump up to AAA and is still only 21, although it seems forever ago he was the #2 overall pick.

Winker was late first round and an exciting prospect during his first few tastes, then he was hurt.  When he came back he was just OK for 2019 and last year.  Good to see him back to being exciting.
    Hope the Reds don't trade him....Castellenos is awesome/fun and he stayed when he could have opted out but I can see them trading him. 
    Fucking small market bullshit.

Hunter Greene on your card list? 
    He could be a very exciting pitcher, just got the bump up to AAA and is still only 21, although it seems forever ago he was the #2 overall pick.

No pitchers are on my list.  Greene I know then there is Mize, Gore and Lacy.  I don't invest in pitchers, short shelf life.  Not everyone can be DeGrom.
    For Gods sake please put Senzel back into the infield when he is healthy again.
    He can't play short or else he would be there.
    Moose at third
    Suarez at short
    India at second
    Votto at first

Also, Senzel is one of the always injured guys.  He is going to wash out.
    Hope like hell that I am wrong. 

edited June 2021
    (and, Cincy needs an actual shortstop.  Their kid (Garcia) is still too young.  Ownership cheaped out instead of signing a vet to play there.)
    Moose at third
    Suarez at short
    India at second
    Votto at first

He can cover the outfield.  Give him a shot at SS.  He has 2B experience.  Dude has talent.

He may end up being a Buxton type of player.
    edited June 2021
    Moose at third
    Suarez at short
    India at second
    Votto at first

He can cover the outfield.  Give him a shot at SS.  He has 2B experience.  Dude has talent.

He may end up being a Buxton type of player.
    I hope you are right but think that I am.  
    People who are injured frequently are common in sports and I fear for old Nicky that he is one of those people.
    He certainly has a boatload of talent.

Cole talking about how he couldn’t grip the ball.

The fact the balls have been changed so much should be as big of a factor in this convo as whatever the starters are using 
    MLB, MLBPA, Commissioners office all need to come together and come up with an amical solution on what the pitchers can use.

Batters will readjust.  This sticky stuff has been around for a few years.  Last year record HR's.  This year lower averages.  Maybe stop messing w the ball MLB?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    ahh this game is hard so i'm gonna cheat.  blah blah blah.  do these guys realize how stupid they sound trying to justify cheating?
    I think what the cheater Cora shared the other day was interesting....perhaps pitchers will not be able to rare back and throw as hard as they possibly can and control the ball.  Perhaps the majority of guys are gonna need to dial it back a bit on speed to focus on control.  
    Some guys are always gonna rip it.  Even though people are bigger and stronger I don't think we have to see every team with 8 guys that can hit 99

All interesting to see how it plays out.  Yes, MLB keeps monkeying with the ball.  However, the pitchers clearly are using more goop the last bunch of years.  MLB is the authority - pitchers reacting by breaking more rules (or by breaking the rules more frequently) so they can continue to be faster, have more control.....that doesn't seem to be the answer.
    Dudes shouldn't be coating the balls with shit.  
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    MLB, MLBPA, Commissioners office all need to come together and come up with an amical solution on what the pitchers can use.

Batters will readjust.  This sticky stuff has been around for a few years.  Last year record HR's.  This year lower averages.  Maybe stop messing w the ball MLB?
    They did. It sits in clear sight on the mound.
    perhaps pitchers will not be able to rare back and throw as hard as they possibly can and control the ball.  Perhaps the majority of guys are gonna need to dial it back a bit on speed to focus on control.  
    Also, yes, this is the correct take.
    So are pitchers who play an outdoor sport not allowed to wear sunscreen?
    I don't think sunscreen is on the no-no list right?
    I don't think sunscreen is on the no-no list right?
    They told them to stop wearing it for night games, I think. But not sure how you regulate that.

But rosin/sunscreen is one of the main substances they use, at least until all these other things were created
    And rosin sits on the mound right? I don't know, from what I understand it sounds like they have no choice but to come down hard initially at least to make sure all this shit is followed. But make no mistake on my part, this is much the MLB's Office for getting to this point. But, regardless, pitchers - stop fucking bitching and moaning and adjust. I mean they've said there's literal chemists working for teams. This isn't a matter of arguing whether they're banning the shift, which would be fucking stupid. This is a matter of the game being strikeouts and upper cut home runs. Not fun baseball.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    What a mess.  Can't wait to see umpires sniffing pitchers arms to see if they have any sunscreen on!  Has Manfred officially surpassed Bettman as worst commissioner in sports?