2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Le Bron left the court again six minutes before game ends.. that's who he is and always has been..
    When he knows it's over yes.  He has done that and he knows when to let go.  He checked out 2 games ago.  He knew it was over.

Why he didn't be more aggressive may have to do something with the above statement.  He knew he couldn't do anymore after this round.

The whole Suns team played lights out.  3 after 3 after 3.  You can't let a team get 3-3's in a row and not at least get 2.  That is a 9-0 run and tough to make up.

Congrats to the Suns and Booker.  Kid can ball and the world got to see it finally.

Other game.  Jokic and company can ball.  Those guys find a way.
    He didn't shake hands with winners again.. that says a lot..
    Not the first time he has done that.

Celtics did that, Pistons did that.  I can go on and on about who didn't shake hands.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Le Bron left the court again six minutes before game ends.. that's who he is and always has been..
    When he knows it's over yes.  He has done that and he knows when to let go.  He checked out 2 games ago.  He knew it was over.

Why he didn't be more aggressive may have to do something with the above statement.  He knew he couldn't do anymore after this round.

The whole Suns team played lights out.  3 after 3 after 3.  You can't let a team get 3-3's in a row and not at least get 2.  That is a 9-0 run and tough to make up.

Congrats to the Suns and Booker.  Kid can ball and the world got to see it finally.

Celtics did that, Pistons did that.  I can go on and on about who didn't shake hands.

I also think halting it because of covid is going to make it more normal moving forward. 
    You'll still see coaches and some players "dap up" and chat but the traditional hand shake line is going to be a thing of the past in the nba
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poor Lebron. He's got a little bubble championship, of which I'm not 100% certain actually happened, mixed in with a non playoff year and a first round exit. Beat it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poor Lebron. He's got a little bubble championship, of which I'm not 100% certain actually happened, mixed in with a non playoff year and a first round exit. Beat it!
    Double shot of hatorade this morning huh?  Your 76ers won't see next rd either.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

The winners knows how to lose..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited June 2021
    Lol....okay man. They're already in the next round. 

I enjoy watching the Lakers and Lebron lose. Sue me!
    chinese-happy.jpg

You know what I mean.  They aren't getting out of this round w/o Embiid.  Which is too bad because I was enjoying them play.

So we got AD, Embiid, CP3, Luka on the All-Injured List.  Can we add one more and make it a legit team?

You know what I mean.  They aren't getting out of this round w/o Embiid.  Which is too bad because I was enjoying them play.

So we got AD, Embiid, CP3, Luka on the All-Injured List.  Can we add one more and make it a legit team?
    I think they can beat the Hawks without Embiid, but I believe Embiid will play (might miss the first or second game). Obviously will not be 100% though, which will be a problem in the ECF.
    chinese-happy.jpg

I think they can beat the Hawks without Embiid, but I believe Embiid will play (might miss the first or second game). Obviously will not be 100% though, which will be a problem in the ECF.
    Who is D'ing up on Trae?  Dude can shoot.

We have two of the best perimeter defenders in the entire league.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited June 2021

Ha! What a weird comment. He probably will get his like Beal did, but hopefully Simmons and Teese can at least limit him and make him take bad shots. 

I don't think Embiid is playing though.
    RiotZact said:

Ha! What a weird comment. He probably will get his like Beal did, but hopefully Simmons and Teese can at least limit him and make him take bad shots. 
    Thybulle was who I was thinking of. I bet his minutes go up this round...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

I like his defense.  Good kid.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Jaylen Brown?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Poncier said:

Jaylen Brown?
    Jamal Murray

Kemba Walker
    RiotZact said:

Yeah he actually does better against Trae types than Ben does. One of Ben’s.....I don’t want to say weaknesses, but he doesn’t excel quite as much as we’re used to seeing against short, super quick guards. That one game against the Kings early in the season is a great example, Fox was starting to cook against Ben but then Thybulle came it and absolutely destroyed him. 
    RiotZact said:

I like his defense.  Good kid.
    An absolute menace. 

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    tempo_n_groove saidUtah doesn't lose another game in this series.

Nostrafuckingdamus.

Would like to see seven games but would also like to see the Mavs finish this.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Go Bucks!!
    Great game right now!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:

Jaylen Brown?
    Jamal Murray

Kemba Walker
    Guess we have our winner in James Harden
    This weekend we rock Portland
    On a day like today, left the earth, one of the greatest shooter you ever witnessed..
    https://youtu.be/l4UE451ZIkc
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Luca was so alone last night..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    On a day like today, left the earth, one of the greatest shooter you ever witnessed..
    https://youtu.be/l4UE451ZIkc
    Drazen was pretty good.  I liked him.  That nets team was looking good too then Drazen dies.

Jayson Williams shot someone years later.
    Congratulations to Nicola Jokic!!
    First MVP came from second round!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    23scidoo said:
    Congratulations to Nicola Jokic!!
    First MVP came from second round!!

Willis Reed was also a 2nd rounder and won the MVP in 1970, but Jokic is the lowest draft pick to ever win.
    Jazz are for real this year.  They have been my pick to go to the finals after everyone got hurt in the first round.  I am still amazed how well they are playing.  Congrats to Gobert for his 3rd DPOTY.
    Clippers look off.  Like really off.

Nets/Bucks game was a fun one to watch.  A security guard ran onto the court to break up the players from fighting.  Never saw that before?  I think he gets fired, lol?

Very low scoring game but it was definitely fun.  I don't think the Bucks win another game though.
    edited June 2021
    Jazz are for real this year.  They have been my pick to go to the finals after everyone got hurt in the first round.  I am still amazed how well they are playing.  Congrats to Gobert for his 3rd DPOTY.

Nets/Bucks game was a fun one to watch.  A security guard ran onto the court to break up the players from fighting.  Never saw that before?  I think he gets fired, lol?

Very low scoring game but it was definitely fun.  I don't think the Bucks win another game though.
    Yeah the Bucks look like they are spent after that one. I thought it was a tough one to watch. Nice close game, but just a lot of bad offense and horrible officiating yet again. Giannis is such a bad free throw shooter. Van Gundy was right when he said he needs to change up his routine. It's awkward watching him take up the full ten seconds only to brick or toss up an air ball.

So you've finally come around the Jazz? They're one of the better shooting teams you'll ever see. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah the Bucks look like they are spent after that one. I thought it was a tough one to watch. Bad offense and horrible officiating yet again.

So you've finally come around the Jazz? They're one of the better shooting teams you'll ever see. 
    Every year, like the Bucks, they were great during the season then get destroyed and have an early exit or just can't make it past that one team.

Watching them this year they are playing so much better.  It passes the eye test.  
    Oh and I like the defensive play.  Was shocked to see Giannis get blocked on the baseline.