Black Sabbath

13»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    bbiggs said:
    Snowblind yes....not sure about the other two
    Supernaut is one of their better songs in the entire catalog. I’d give it a listen. 

that riff...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    SABATOGE will make your jaw drop. I made a mixed tape a few years ago....yep....of those lesser known sabbath songs for my brother. I wish I could hear these all again for the first time. Realizing that they were more than paranoid, iron man was the greatest day of my life as a fanboy. (I added the last part for drama) butchaknowwhatimean.

I think it was when I picked up black sabbath ST lp. What a record. Evil Woman, sleeping village...all that is gold.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    My uncle has been lead vocals for a sabbath cover band for 30+ years (still doing it at age 60 or so). I was exposed at a young age and have been a fan ever since. Going to his shows was probably not the best scene for a young kid in hindsight, but it definitely helped shape my musical interests. Ranking their first 6 albums is extremely tough and changes often for me. 

Behind the Wall of Sleep. I forgot how great this song is. Not sure what he's saying, but it sounds scary. Change your body to a corpse?
    I'm glad they resisted the cowbell. 
    Side 2
    Evil Woman
    Sleeping Village
    Warning

Line those tracks up and knock em down
    To make a short story loooong. I remember getting this lp in early 90's from a joint that was mainly cds, but had a few boxes of records and I picked it up. Like who wanted records then! It was the cover that sucked me in. Glad I did.