Options

Me and Mr. Mccready

Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Well Long story short I met Mike in cleveland at the rock hall. We share a comon bond which is recovery and me and my bud did this thing in cleveland where we made a sign so he could find us cuz he said he'd look for us so we made an inside job sign with a special twist. He seen us and it was great so i kept the sign and took it to cincy with me. !st I can't believe I got through the doors with it the way cincy is. But my wife thought i was retarded and all cuz she was with me. Until Mike seen it and then she got the point. He freakin actually remembered me and He actually like was motioning to me that they would play inside job and they did! Man, what afreakin cool thing to have when they are your favourite band and they actually give a shit and care about they're fans!! Hopefully one of these days I get to meet him again and talk a little more about things with him! Just keep it up! Just for today, I am free! I'll not lose my faith!! It's an inside job today!
Makes much more sense.................
To Live......................
In the present tense.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Well Long story short I met Mike in cleveland at the rock hall. We share a comon bond which is recovery and me and my bud did this thing in cleveland where we made a sign so he could find us cuz he said he'd look for us so we made an inside job sign with a special twist. He seen us and it was great so i kept the sign and took it to cincy with me. !st I can't believe I got through the doors with it the way cincy is. But my wife thought i was retarded and all cuz she was with me. Until Mike seen it and then she got the point. He freakin actually remembered me and He actually like was motioning to me that they would play inside job and they did! Man, what afreakin cool thing to have when they are your favourite band and they actually give a shit and care about they're fans!! Hopefully one of these days I get to meet him again and talk a little more about things with him! Just keep it up! Just for today, I am free! I'll not lose my faith!! It's an inside job today!

I'm feeling teary eyed. Yes never lose your faith!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    That's beautiful! *tears*
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    wow, awesome story...

I was talkin to a guy i met at detroit and pitts, who met mike in pitts. Mike asked him what song he wanted to hear and the guy blanked - Mike said it was ok and not to worry about it haha. Mike's definatley one of the best!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    When I had the peace signs in Albany and my mom got the point it was cool. Ed flashing the Peace sign at us was awesome.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    What did your sign say?
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    a5pj wrote:
    wow, awesome story...

I was talkin to a guy i met at detroit and pitts, who met mike in pitts. Mike asked him what song he wanted to hear and the guy blanked - Mike said it was ok and not to worry about it haha. Mike's definatley one of the best!!!

That is funny - I'd probably blank out too - I'd better prepare an answer in the extremely unlikely event that this is asked of me by him. Probably I'd say 'wh-wh-whatever you want to play'.

Great story, spiderman2812!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    June 2006 - Pittsburg, PA

youre missing an H in Pittsburgh. anyone from pittsburgh will hate you for that. plus a pearl jam fan should know that from the 2000 poster.
    "Delight in your youth"

GO PITT
  • Options

Thats an awesome story...I remember you guys. I was 2 rows behind you in Cleveland and you kept holding up that damn sign even AFTER he played it and it was pissing people off cause it was blocking their view...and not only had Mike acknowledged you guys more than once but you got your song. I am cool with signs and stuff as long as there is a respect for those behind you...meaning don't have it up in the middle of a song...and once the band has acknowledged it...stop putting it up. Its serving no purpose but to block your fellow jammers view.
    That said...I was closer to the middle so It didn't block my view anyways and congrats again. :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    youre missing an H in Pittsburgh. anyone from pittsburgh will hate you for that. plus a pearl jam fan should know that from the 2000 poster.

lol excuse me, i'll correct it now. not sure i understand your last remark -- i don't collect posters and i'm not from the burgh.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    awww...:o
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    The sign said inside job.
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    By the way we only held it up inbetween songs!
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    I'm so happy for you. Mike seems to be a "real" person and I think he would be easy to talk to. Good for you!
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Options
    He is very nice and easy to talk to he actually got the conversation going! I was having a moment you might say ! Thank god i had my no code tour shirt on. It sparked talk about the ticketmaster boycott!!
    In the present tense.