The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Only had the N v. U v. The Haze of that bunch and it was delicious! Some of the others look good as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Yeah ninja v unicorn is an OG ipa. The haze version is super tasty too. Definitely enjoy them both. 
    Had a few good local IPAs (no pics) from southwest FL today. First day of vaca and definitely some solid beers to choose from so far. Light and citrusy with low ABV which is perfect for the beach. 
    mfc2006 said:

TG cut our allotment of Ferrari. Now we wait for Hot Dog Time Machine.

This is the second TG/ Hop Butcher collaboration in the last month. And to my knowledge the last one was the first ever. They must like joining forces. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited June 2021

If anyone in Montana can snag me a 4 pack of this, I’ll trade anything TreeHouse or Trillium has to offer this week
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I love a good hoppy wheat and Gumballhead was my go to for a long while.  I think I have found something as good from Maplewood.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Posting just because of the can.  For anyone who played Sonic the Hedgehog.

Where the hell are you that you're getting Barrier?  That's my local brewery.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:

This is the second TG/ Hop Butcher collaboration in the last month. And to my knowledge the last one was the first ever. They must like joining forces. 
    Yep, both have been really good.  I liked the first one Receptor more, but hot dog time machine was really good as well.  Had a couple of those over the weekend.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:

Yep, both have been really good.  I liked the first one Receptor more, but hot dog time machine was really good as well.  Had a couple of those over the weekend.
    I finally got to have some as well..

Milwaukee.  My liquor store got it in a little while ago.

Interesting that they are being distributed that far now.  Just crazy.

When it first opened up there would be one guy in there, listening to Phish or the Dead with a lone Phish poster on the wall.  It would take a few minutes for someone to come out.  Free samples, got some free glasses.  It is amazing on how popular they have become here and abroad.

I still have the first bottles they ever made.

Very cool.

Interesting that they are being distributed that far now.  Just crazy.

When it first opened up there would be one guy in there, listening to Phish or the Dead with a lone Phish poster on the wall.  It would take a few minutes for someone to come out.  Free samples, got some free glasses.  It is amazing on how popular they have become here and abroad.

I still have the first bottles they ever made.

Very cool.
    There's one or two others I plan on picking up after work today and trying out this weekend.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    ready to enjoy some new beers on our trip!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Really good, but probably not worth the price.

See the source image

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    I wonder if I could get Pipeworks to hire me as a spokesperson

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    New one from Terrapin. Cool can for you baseball fans.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    For you Game of Thrones fans....

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Union station neipa in providence.   

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    @tempo_n_groove here's some more Barrier in the grocery store in my neighborhood in Milwaukee

@tempo_n_groove here's some more Barrier in the grocery store in my neighborhood in Milwaukee

HA!  Amazing.  If they ever get Money or Morticia I would recommend those two.  They are staples by them.

You can't go wrong with anything by them though.  It's just really good beer.
    A couple good sours.  The top is watermelon mint, surprisingly good.

• Haven't gone through all the 204 pages at this point, but I've seen a bunch of Tripping Animals around town. Thoughts? Seems to be primarily sours.
    Sour from my local brewery to kick start the day. Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited July 2021
    Went to Victory Brewing in Downingtown, PA last night. I had a Brotherly Love Hazy IPA. Tasted decent, I liked it. One of my friends tried the White Monkey, he loved it. Said it tasted very smooth
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Been hitting up all of the breweries on Oahu and Maui the last 10 days.  The favorite has been Kohola Brewery in Lahaina, Maui.

Have some Trillium/Bissell brothers collab "Swishium" and some TreeHouse Emperor Julius waiting for me when I get home
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    mcgruff10 said:
    Union station neipa in providence.   

Dont miss Tilted Barn if you're in RI!
    Been hitting up all of the breweries on Oahu and Maui the last 10 days.  The favorite has been Kohola Brewery in Lahaina, Maui.

Have some Trillium/Bissell brothers collab "Swishium" and some TreeHouse Emperor Julius waiting for me when I get home
    Check out Ola Brewery in Kailua. They have some good shit. Can hit the Maui Brewing there too and finish it off with a Mai Tai at Buzz's.
    Had this last night, delish!

My buddy is drinking this and loves it.  Obviously a great name for a beer.  
    ^ Best beer name ever 🤘🏻