Options

Anyone else have dealings with the Cincy police last night?

none2fragilenone2fragile Posts: 44
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
The Cincinnati police need to remove the corncobs from their assholes. WTF is up with those guys. It was like the freaking SS. I went to the CCFA party in Newport (which I loved and met many wonderful people). I had 1/2 beer because my stomach can't really handle alcohol that well. We hopped on the beer barge and headed to the show. They gave you one free beer on the boat. I ended up drinking about 3/4 of it before we landed on the other side. We walked up to the venue which is right next to the boat ramp and headed up the stairs. A couple from Canada had asked if I would take their picture because it was beautiful yesterday and I was happy to hand my beer to my husband while I took their picture. As soon as the camera came up to my eyes I heard this pissed off voice saying "That wasn't very nice of you to set him up like that for a $100 fine!". I looked up and these three nazi cops in white uniforms took some very quick and scary strides towards me. I was frozen because these were rather large, scary looking guys and I'm 5'3". The main asshole grabbed the beer out of my husbands hand, tossed the beer out in a very threatening manner and informed us that "THIS IS NOT LAS VEGAS". WTF? There were people carrying beers all around us and not a word was said because a few people had carried their beers up from the dock. No signs were posted and the boat employees hadn't told us to dispose of our beers before we got off the boat. It's funny that it's ok for you to buy beer and drink it at the venue but you can't walk from the boat dock to the venue. Stupid laws. It was so aggressive and fast that I didn't even know what happened until it was over. I was not drunk nor was my husband. We were taking a picture for Christs sake and they acted like I was scoring drugs on a street corner. I witnessed various assholish cops roughing people up in the venue as well. Glad I don't live up there. No wonder the african american community is so scared of them. I sure was. They seem to be wound a tad bit too tight..... besides that and some guy being wasted from the beginning of the show and then throwing up everywhere after the second song, the show was amazing!!! Loved it!
Who made up, made up the myth
that we were born to be covered in bliss?
who set the standard, born to be rich?
such fine examples, skinny little bitch
model, role model, roll some models in blood
get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Its not just cincy, it the mentality that it takes to be a cop. Sure there are great people that are cops but I think the majority have personality disorders and take thier issues out on the public... power trip cops blow...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    i don't know about the five-0, but did anyone see the security chase the guy in the isle between sections 1 and 2, about halfway through the set....that was classic!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    BeGirlBeGirl Posts: 22
    No wonder the african american community is so scared of them. I sure was.

I just spit Pepsi through my nostrils.
    "Hi...Dick." - Ed (D.C., 5/30/06)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    another puke story!!! wow it just keeps goin....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I hate ass hole, pig headed, buzz killing cops who do nothing for the safety of the community, but to ruin some concert goers good times.
  • Options
    If I had of been drunk or running my mouth, I would understand if they removed my beer but I look like a very harmless mommy type person. I wasn't hurting anyone. It just seemed so over the top. The people around me even said that it scared them and asked if I was ok. Too creepy. I should have yelled RODNEY KING! lol.
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    hey, that really sucks. when i was over in NYC last yaer the police were rather agressive too. i put that down to me being brown. although when i was canada it was perfectly fine.

the police here in england are generally understanding and not agressive.
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    hey, that really sucks. when i was over in NYC last yaer the police were rather agressive too. i put that down to me being brown. although when i was canada it was perfectly fine.

the police here in england are generally understanding and not agressive.

That really sucks. I'm sorry your experience in the states was not a good one and I REALLY hope that the "brown" factor had nothing to do with it but I wouldn't be surprised. Sorry man.
  • Options
    its been my expereince that some cops are just pissed that they arent the ones having fun.
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
    I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
    Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Trained like dogs... color and smell...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The Who... December 3, 1979 ...11 fans crushed to death...in Cincy . PJ had their own similar experience and maybe have drawn a bit of a rowdy rep.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    katellis wrote:
    does anyone have more info on that? he was running through the aisle (before the security got to him) and got SOMETHING on my foot .. either he spilled beer or he puked .. i couldnt tell cuz he was coming from behind

running while puking... that's some skill right there ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    katellis wrote:
    does anyone have more info on that? he was running through the aisle (before the security got to him) and got SOMETHING on my foot .. either he spilled beer or he puked .. i couldnt tell cuz he was coming from behind

He was moving far too well for someone who was at the puking stage. It seemed be had something in his arms but I couldn't tell what it was. He was really bookin' it. The security guard took him out off the lower level in a head lock. There was another guy who was just running around doing the cheerleader thing. He was cool but I think security got him too.
  • Options
    more evidence there are people that are cops that shouldnt be...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Shooting_Mistake.html
  • Options
    more evidence there are people that are cops that shouldnt be...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Shooting_Mistake.html

Me thinks that there is going to be a very rich meth head in Washington soon. LOL. That was awful but I had to laugh about the Ouch that hurt part. It sounds like this guy thought he was in the old west and was seeing if he could be a quicker draw than his buddy. What a moron. Thank God he didn't kill anyone.
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    file a racial profiling lawsuit
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    My lovely wife who wouldn't hurt a flea caught shit from the Gestapo police there for havin a beer comin off the barge. I was a little ahead of her and didn't hear it, but the prick got pissy and got real shitty with her and told her to dump it and throw it NOW! Fuck i was pissed.

Having heard so many stories of the gestapo up there, I thought it was just bullshit till I got there!! Now I see why there are so many problems with them up there. SHIT!!!!
  • Options
    Don't you know how dangerous it can be to carry a cup full of beer 100 yards while having a mindless good time? I have personally seen plenty of people injured risking such a stunt. Please, for the love of God don't ever even consider doing such a thing ever again. If I were a cop I'd probably arrest you as carrying a beer in a cup is one of the gravest risks to our security today.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    Damn!! I was thinking about walking up to the venue with a beer last night, I'm glad I punded it down before........On a side note, Now that I know what pricks the cops are there.......I'm glad they didn't catch me at the Cubs, Reds game 6/11 when I snuck in 4 beers in my hood on my sweatshirt!! I probably would have gotten some real shit having more than one beer in Cincinnati.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    And not aiming to sound like a weenie but why fly into a rage with women! The guys that came at me and my husband were big guys (three of them). I'd hate to be that guys wife. I bet she gets her ass beat every night. Geez, tell your wife I'm sorry. I know how she feels! Write a letter to the city about it. I am. It's crazy. I'll include your story with mine if you don't mind.
    My lovely wife who wouldn't hurt a flea caught shit from the Gestapo police there for havin a beer comin off the barge. I was a little ahead of her and didn't hear it, but the prick got pissy and got real shitty with her and told her to dump it and throw it NOW! Fuck i was pissed.

Having heard so many stories of the gestapo up there, I thought it was just bullshit till I got there!! Now I see why there are so many problems with them up there. SHIT!!!!
  • Options
    Here is the weblink to a complaint form for any of you that were treated in an unethical way at the concert..... Gawd I wish I had caught that guys badge number......I was so freaked out that I didn't even look.

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/pages/-5141-/
  • Options
    And not aiming to sound like a weenie but why fly into a rage with women! The guys that came at me and my husband were big guys (three of them). I'd hate to be that guys wife. I bet she gets her ass beat every night. Geez, tell your wife I'm sorry. I know how she feels! Write a letter to the city about it. I am. It's crazy. I'll include your story with mine if you don't mind.

Yeah, the gestapo was in full force. Strange thing is my wifes German, so maybe she had flashbacks and could sue for trauma. HA:)

they were asses tho:(
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I don't recall seeing a police officer the entire time...including my post-2AM walk from the Beer Sellar to the Millenium.

But, if it's a law that you can't be in a public place with an open container, then the cops should be enforcing it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I don't recall seeing a police officer the entire time...including my post-2AM walk from the Beer Sellar to the Millenium.

But, if it's a law that you can't be in a public place with an open container, then the cops should be enforcing it.

Enforcing is ONE THING.. ACTING LIKE A PRICK is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!
  • Options
    Enforcing is ONE THING.. ACTING LIKE A PRICK is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!

Exactly. He could have just as easily asked us to throw away our beer instead of making a scene and scaring the shit out of me! He was a power tripper, big time.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Exactly. He could have just as easily asked us to throw away our beer instead of making a scene and scaring the shit out of me! He was a power tripper, big time.

Hey - In my opinion, I'd rather get yelled at then get hauled off to jail. And yes - they can put you in prison for up to 8 hours for violating the open container law. At the very least, you'd pay a fine and I'd still rather get some attitude than that.

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand police officers, but in this case I think they were showing you some leniency.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    another puke story!!! wow it just keeps goin....

I know! What’s up? Is it because the tour is going on when all the frat boys are out of school? Gee, can’t wait to see if I get to see any in Vegas or L.A.!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    nightwitchnightwitch Posts: 18
    Ohio has always been very strict with the open container laws

the boat crew should have watching as people got off the boat

I have been told out of Towner's can't even buy beer at the blossom venue any more
    1992-07-29 Cuyahoga Falls
    1992-08-16 Pittsburgh
    1996-09-22 Toledo Ohio
    1998-08-26 Cuyahoga Falls
    2003-04-26 Pittsburgh
    2004-10-01 Reading
    2000-09-05 Pittsburgh
    2006-05-20 Cleveland
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    It's not hard to figure out why most cops are assholes. Most of them were either jocks or fuck-ups in school, then when they graduated they had no chance of going to college. So they needed a job that paid well, required no skills or education, and allowed you to act superior to every other living being.

And there you have it.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.