Options

Bu$hleaguer for europe 2006...

mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else think they should play Bu$hleaguer in europe? We all hate Bush over here so i think it would go down great. Any thoughts?
Dublin 2006
Katowice 2007
London 2007
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    mole1985 wrote:
    Anyone else think they should play Bu$hleaguer in europe? We all hate Bush over here so i think it would go down great. Any thoughts?

I think this should be played at every show, and then immediatly followed up by a cover of the Stones "Sweet Neocon".....if you are not familiar with this song, do a quick google lyric search....it was written for Eddie to sing!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    I think this should be played at every show, and then immediatly followed up by a cover of the Stones "Sweet Neocon".....if you are not familiar with this song, do a quick google lyric search....it was written for Eddie to sing!

Definatley...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    mole1985 wrote:
    nope.
    Because we all agree, there's no point on singing it (preaching to the converted) seeing as it's a crap song: seriously, music is lame and lyrics are schoolkid level (have no problem with Ed being political, singing or speaking, but a bit of subtlety I expect) so what's the point?
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    nope.
    Because we all agree, there's no point on singing it (preaching to the converted) seeing as it's a crap song: seriously, music is lame and lyrics are schoolkid level (have no problem with Ed being political, singing or speaking, but a bit of subtlety I expect) so what's the point?

I think it's a great song. A little unorthodox but come on... Eddie in a Bush mask....COME ON!!!???
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    I was really hoping that they'd play it during one of the Toronto shows, I figured they would...but nothing. There were a couple of digs at Bush, but no Bu$hleaguer...unfortunate, since its a kick-ass song.

I don't understand why people think its a childish song or whatever, the music is awesome (kinda funky, which I like) and the lyrics are pretty cool too....I know some people say they're childish or whatever, but they're actually pretty clever. Just because its a bit more "in your face" than normal, doesn't mean its any worse. Really, the whole point of the song is to be in your face.

So yeah, viva la Bu$hleaguer!!!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    theodoretheodore Posts: 27
    the greeks hate bush more than ed hates bush....
  • Options
    theodore wrote:
    the greeks hate bush more than ed....
    The Greeks hate Ed??
  • Options
    theodoretheodore Posts: 27
    The Greeks hate Ed??

:(
    grammar mistake.i corrected it.i think :D
  • Options
    theodore wrote:
    :(
    grammar mistake.i corrected it.i think :D
    More than Ed does would be better grammaticaly; but he was pulling your leg (sorry, joking), he understood perfectly well what you meant :D
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:

it must suck to hate Bush and then realize your own leader is basically his puppet.

i say if you guys want to hear it, they should play it. hopefully, that will get it out of Ed's system. the song straight up blows and isn't clever. i don't listen to PJ to hear them bash the president. i can merely pick up a paper or turn on a tv to do that.
    Buffalo '96, Merriweather '98, VFC (D.C.) '98, Jones Beach III '00, Buffalo '03, Camden I '03, MSG I & II '03, Albany '06, East Rutherford II '06, MSG II '08, MSG I '10
  • Options
    it must suck to hate Bush and then realize your own leader is basically his puppet.
    Tell me about it!
  • Options

i say if you guys want to hear it, they should play it. hopefully, that will get it out of Ed's system. the song straight up blows and isn't clever. i don't listen to PJ to hear them bash the president. i can merely pick up a paper or turn on a tv to do that.

SO true but without getting too political (as this thread is about the song) at least Mr. Blair can read properley.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    SO true but without getting too political (as this thread is about the song) at least Mr. Blair can read properley.
    apart when it comes to Dossiers...
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    apart when it comes to Dossiers...

My GOD it almost sounds like I was defending Blair then didin't it? Better stop now or people might think (shudders) I like him...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    mole1985 wrote:

Bu$hleaguer is an awesome song and should be played every night until the lying bastard is out of office.

I still can't believe the majority of Americans couldn't see through his big cloud of shit......and voted him in for a second term.
  • Options
    ellroyellroy Posts: 39
    mole1985 wrote:
    i really hope so, here in europe we think bush is the biggest terrorist is on the entire planet!!
    greetings ellroy
    its evolution baby!!!
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    ellroy wrote:
    i really hope so, here in europe we think bush is the biggest terrorist is on the entire planet!!
    greetings ellroy

it would be nice if they would play a cover of Neils 'living with war'
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    ellroyellroy Posts: 39
    yeah and offcourse keep on rocking in a free world
    blows me away everytime
    its evolution baby!!!
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Blairleaguer perhaps.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Blairleaguer perhaps.

That would be sweet. Lyrics would need an overhaul tho.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I'm just sad they didn't play it in the US this past tour (or at least any of the shows I went to). Oh well, at least I got to hear it 03, and at Uniondale no less. Fun times... ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.