2023 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    My team did great all week then took a shit on Sunday.  Nobody could get a friggin hit...
    That's the worst man. I had that issue the first week.
    it was 13-1 in my favor for most of the week...Then  came Sunday, lol.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    What's everyone's thoughts on MadBum's no no? I think it should count as an official no hitter since baseball officially changed the rules making doubleheaders 7 innings. My son thinks otherwise haha
    What's everyone's thoughts on MadBum's no no? I think it should count as an official no hitter since baseball officially changed the rules making doubleheaders 7 innings. My son thinks otherwise haha
    He did technically pitch a no hitter but to me, I'm a purist, it has to be 9 innings.  If they change it to actually being a real no hitter then Michael Atwater Witt of Halos fame gets in the record books for his opening day heroics back in 84.
    Yeah, I can go either way on it. I just think if you change the official game length to 7 innings, it's hard not to count it. At the same time, it's a slap in the face to the dudes that did it for 9. We'd have a lot of guys added if you count a no no through 7.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I don't count it....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Fine fine...it doesn't count. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I might if I were a pitcher.  ;)
    My IL can be it's own damn team.  Jesus they are cautious w players nowadays...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    need good stats from my players for tonight if i want to pass f'me (close matchup)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    need good stats from my players for tonight if i want to pass f'me (close matchup)
    My whole team took one big shit this week.  My lord they were bad...
    Rendon needs to stay off the fucking injury list.  Messing with the lineup.

Still not sure how my pitching settles but so far, so good, I guess.  
    Rendon needs to stay off the fucking injury list.  Messing with the lineup.

Still not sure how my pitching settles but so far, so good, I guess.  
    A couple of better outings by my team and I'm  way more wins than what I show.  The whole Dodger pitching staff took a shit this week and that is half my pitching, lol.

Soto I get back but now lose Buxton whom was killing it.
    So tough to get the right mix if you have large areas of weakness.
    I see we share one of those...RP.
    Your RP are the worst in the league, by far.

Mine is not too great, but Barnes is very strong and Valdez plays on Baltimore but has a 1.ERA and 7 Saves.  Not sure why in the hell Holland is on my squad he sucks so far.

If you want to trade for a Catcher (yours is bad and now hurt) and some RP, let me know.  Will cost you but I would trade you Barnes, Valdez, and Realmuto.
    1 top flight closer, 1 top level closer pitching for an awful team, and arguably the best Catcher in the game.

edited May 2021
    OK, sent you a 4 for 1 player trade...essentially.
    It will look like a 4 for 4 player trade, but I immediately would dump those 3 dogs into the shitheap and keep the 1 guy I traded for.

I know you will likely look at the trade and see the 1 name, your 1st round pick, and sketch out some.
    However, look at what the trade means for your team performance....remove the names from the trade and this is a great trade for you.  I dont understand the Quality Starts going down since the two bums you are including in the trade who are pitchers are not starters.  That is just dumb for them to project. 

UPDATED with the corrected info:

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Also, I am still scratching my head looking at that chart.
    You would get 4 players you would start....and lose 1 player that anyone should reasonably consider starting. 
    The pitching numbers should all be green.

Anyway, no harm no foul, if you don't like the idea of trading your top pick.

Everyone in the league should know I will trade any of my players if it makes sense.
    ALSO -- we still show as 3 not paying....please pay up.
    Red Mosquitos & Agnes....and ED.

Thanks!
    Also, I am still scratching my head looking at that chart.
    You would get 4 players you would start....and lose 1 player that anyone should reasonably consider starting. 
    The pitching numbers should all be green.

Anyway, no harm no foul, if you don't like the idea of trading your top pick.

Everyone in the league should know I will trade any of my players if it makes sense.
    I drafted 2 relievers.  Both got hurt the first day or just before.  From that point if I get an inning here or there from the other guys, then good.  I don't mind not getting a save, it's just one stat.  Then I don't have to worry about BS either.

I'll  Take a look.
    I wouldn't nor do I think I could trade my first round pick.

Thanks though.
    OK, no worries. 
    I am happy to trade any pick if it makes my team better.  :)                

My team took a big shit the last two weeks. Hopefully this week goes a little better.

Anyone want Lindor? hahaha
    My team took a big shit the last two weeks. Hopefully this week goes a little better.

Or a raccoon / NY rat / possum?
    (That is the story of the year thus far, IMO)

Pretty much. He is off to a terrible start.
    SS is filled for me, now, with Trea Turner and Wander Franco, whenever he arrives.  (Thinking by June, at latest...)
    SS is filled for me, now, with Trea Turner and Wander Franco, whenever he arrives.  (Thinking by June, at latest...)
    Wander hit a triple and had a few base grabs this weekend.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052

that was unique, especially for those who covered that.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

That is the curse of the NY spotlight.  Sonny Gray, Stanton, Johnson, Vince Coleman, Saberhagen are just a few that I can remember having a hard time adjusting at first.

Randy Johnson was walking to the stadium one day and someone ran up to him asking for his auto, he barked back "NO" and kept walking, lol.

I can only imagine....you worked that?
    Having the guys all tell what is obviously a tall tale, albeit a humorous one, to cover up an actual story has to be an odd thing to work.

That is the curse of the NY spotlight.  Sonny Gray, Stanton, Johnson, Vince Coleman, Saberhagen are just a few that I can remember having a hard time adjusting at first.

Randy Johnson was walking to the stadium one day and someone ran up to him asking for his auto, he barked back "NO" and kept walking, lol.
    I remember that Randy Johnson disaster. I loved it, being from Boston haha.

Lindor is a stud, he will turn things around eventually, I think......
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052

Having the guys all tell what is obviously a tall tale, albeit a humorous one, to cover up an actual story has to be an odd thing to work.
    I did it for a wire service so the story is all over the internet:  https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Lindor-s-homer-lifts-Mets-after-dugout-exchange-16161460.php
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

I did it for a wire service so the story is all over the internet:  https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Lindor-s-homer-lifts-Mets-after-dugout-exchange-16161460.php
    Ha.  Nice.
    Rats.  They don't compare.....