MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Injuries, injuries...

Tatis, Soto, Mondesi, Robert.

That is some big names...  Who else am I forgetting?

Tatis and Soto are back, as of today at least.  (Although I think Soto is sitting today.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Injuries, injuries...

I keep waiting for the Buxton fairy tale to end. It'd be great to see a full season out of him.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    tbergs said:
    Injuries, injuries...

I keep waiting for the Buxton fairy tale to end. It'd be great to see a full season out of him.

Crazy that he has been so good this year.  Time for an injury, u/f.
    Sham frigging MLB at it again.
    Just a total joke - a week for this, yet they are encouraging the bat flipping.
    Baez is a grade A bitch boy.

Bitch Boy Baez gets no games.
    This is why people hate MLB

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    tbergs said:
    Injuries, injuries...

Injuries, injuries...

Tatis and Soto are back, as of today at least.  (Although I think Soto is sitting today.)
    Yes they are back but they were hurt, hence the big names.  Marte is a big name.  Dude can ball!

And for those of you wishing ill on Buxton, GFY!   B)

I am so happy that he is doing what his potential has had all of this time.  Now let him do this for the rest of his career and he won't be labeled bust...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

Garrett’s the ultimate bitch. I guess the 7 games is the for the repeat dumb fuckery? I say pimp your shit  all you want but don’t direct it at the opposing player. It’s just asking for escalation.
    DewieCox said:

Garrett’s the ultimate bitch. I guess the 7 games is the for the repeat dumb fuckery? I say pimp your shit  all you want but don’t direct it at the opposing player. It’s just asking for escalation.

Baez is one of these big swagger guys just like Garrett.  Two sides of the same coin, although a big difference is Garrett is willing to back it up and Baez is willing to be be a talker.
    How about Baez get in the ring? 
    No, he would rather hop the fence and chirp like a little birdy. 
    One of these days he will get the nuts to actually try and back up all of his little bitch talk -- I look forward to that.

MLB suspension variations are becoming like the NCAA ones.  Totally nonsensical and bullshit.

It is obvious that you don't like Garrett and I don't like Baez.  Cardinals and Reds fans are likely to disagree about many things.

Hopping the fence and coming onto the field because you are "protecting" your teammate (who is perfectly capable of defending himself in Rizzo) doesn't get you a single game but the pitcher talking from the mound gets 7?

Dumb. 

Anyone can see this.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Injuries, injuries...

First Eloy and now Robert.  2 best outfielders on the Sox out until late in the season at the earliest.  Probably 60 HRs missing from that lineup now.  Hopefully they can stay in contention and these 2 come back for the last few weeks.  Just brutal.
    Injuries, injuries...

First Eloy and now Robert.  2 best outfielders on the Sox out until late in the season at the earliest.  Probably 60 HRs missing from that lineup now.  Hopefully they can stay in contention and these 2 come back for the last few weeks.  Just brutal.

Yeah that is tough. 
    Injuries suck.
    Button 9hr, 379avg.

Yeah man!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Can it get any weaker than the Astros complaining to MLB about the booing?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Can it get any weaker than the Astros complaining to MLB about the booing?  
    That is like people complaining about homefield advantage and the crowd noise...  Oh wait, that's exactly what it is, lol!
    cutz said:
    Thank god they finally let him go...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Pujols will be a First ballot Hall of Famer.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pujols will be a First ballot Hall of Famer.  
    He was after his first 10 years in the league.  FoSho!
    Yeah 💯
    I don't like to root for the guy but he is an all time great hitter.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Yeah 💯
    I don't like to root for the guy but he is an all time great hitter.
    Yup. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Well, just like that, down goes Buxton. Rumored to be a few weeks. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    tbergs said:
    Well, just like that, down goes Buxton. Rumored to be a few weeks. 
    He was on a tear. Sucks
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    tbergs said:
    Injuries, injuries...

Injuries, injuries...

Yes they are back but they were hurt, hence the big names.  Marte is a big name.  Dude can ball!

And for those of you wishing ill on Buxton, GFY!   B)

I am so happy that he is doing what his potential has had all of this time.  Now let him do this for the rest of his career and he won't be labeled bust...
    You fuckers jinxed him...
    Buxton?  I like the guy but he is an injury waiting to be reported.

Batting averages are loooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

What is going on?  HR or K?  No more small ball?  The likes of DJ and Ichiro are a long lost bygone era?

Baseball wants to save itself?  Have more movement on the field.  SB's and slap singles move people around and score runs.  Breaks up the walk then HR approach.

I hate solo HR's.  Hate em...

Rant over.

What is going on?  HR or K?  No more small ball?  The likes of DJ and Ichiro are a long lost bygone era?

Baseball wants to save itself?  Have more movement on the field.  SB's and slap singles move people around and score runs.  Breaks up the walk then HR approach.

Rant over.

MLB changed the ball, again. 

Pitchers are widely known to be cheating with substances being added to the balls...the worst kept secret and something I am sure everyone will all be "shocked" by when it turns out that 8 out of 10 pitchers are doing it.    MLB is letting this go on and even though they tried to put pitchers on alert, aside from messing with Bauer earlier this year they have not done anything about it.

Players are going all in on launch angle and exit velocity.

An interesting time in the game within a game between pitcher and batter approaches.

Rant over.

MLB changed the ball, again. 

Pitchers are widely known to be cheating with substances being added to the balls...the worst kept secret and something I am sure everyone will all be "shocked" by when it turns out that 8 out of 10 pitchers are doing it.    MLB is letting this go on and even though they tried to put pitchers on alert, aside from messing with Bauer earlier this year they have not done anything about it.

Players are going all in on launch angle and exit velocity.

An interesting time in the game within a game between pitcher and batter approaches.
    I just heard an ESPN reporter talk about the use of substances on the ball.  It's not very shocking.

I did hear that MLB changed the ball.  Changed it to try and do what I mentioned most likely?

Launch angle and velocity... Stupid.  I know people on here have supported it but I think it's dumb.  Maddux threw low 90's and nobody could hit him.  Everyone throws gas now so if you make contact, guess what?  The ball goes farther.

The pitcher and batter combo has always been there.  Nothing new.  Most people don't care for it.  Batters have their routines that they do to get locked in.  There isn't much dramatics to it as long as the batter can do his wristband, helmet tap, dig in, dramatic pose then stance every time before a pitch.

Rant over

PS Steal a base.  I'll go nuts!
    If the hacks at ESPN are reporting it then you know for sure that the word is fully out on the pitchers cheating.  :lol:   

Yeah, they were trying to reduce the flight on the ball some....but with how hard most of the pitches come in and how hard dudes are swinging I dont think that is going to get them what they want.

Launch angle is real, imo.  Look at VladJr and the damage he is doing this year and the stats on his angles/swings vs last year. 
    (Also helps that he is not fat)  Wish I saved the article I read detailing this recently. 

We are getting to the point in the year where we can really draw conclusions based on how guys are playing....well, at least the guys who have no been out with covid or injuries. 

My fantasy pitchers are killing it. Batters, not so much. All of them are underperforming right now except Trea Turner. Glad to get Burnes back from Covid today for pitching though. He's been unreal.
    tbergs said:
    My fantasy pitchers are killing it. Batters, not so much. All of them are underperforming right now except Trea Turner. Glad to get Burnes back from Covid today for pitching though. He's been unreal.
    I have had injury after injury...  it's unreal.  I have 8 guys on IL...
    Jarred Kelenic expected to make his debut today with the Mariners.

That is exciting.  Hope he hits a homerun so I can sell his cards for a fortune.
    Kelenic 0-4.  Not one K.  That is a good sign.  Made contact each out.  Hopefully the first game jitters are gone and he can perform!