Into the Wild Vinyl Question

Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
Hi friends,

I'm thinking of selling a sealed Into the Wild record, but I'm trying to make sure I understand which version I have. It is one of the original pressings and I bought it through Aural Exploits if I remember correctly (labeled VFR-2007-4). What I'm unsure about is whether it contains the No More 7''. The site below indicates there were 3 releases in 2007 and only 1 of them has the bonus 7". My record packaging definitely isn't labeled as containing it, so I'm guessing it probably doesn't have it. However, I don't think I've seen an example of one that does have it. The images on discogs also don't seem to show labeling about the 7". (https://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Vedder-Into-The-Wild/release/1238524).

Could anyone help me clear this up? Thanks!

https://www.soundtracksonvinyl.com/film-song-soundtracks/into-the-wild-180-gram-vinyl-soundtrack-by-eddie-vedder/
"Note: The Into the Wild vinyl LP was originally released in 2007 by Vinyl Films (3 separate vinyl releases in 2007). The first of those three was a limited edition vinyl LP with a bonus 7″ LP. This limited release included an extended version of the album track “The Wolf” as well as studio and live versions of the track “No More”.

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    I have the one with the No More 7”. I bought it used so I don’t know what the shrink wrap said. But here are photos of the cover and spine. I hope that helps. 

• Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    Thanks - that is helpful!! Mine looks just like that, so seems probable that it does contain the 7''. Thank you!
  • nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 392
    I’ll Take it! 

Joking...kind of. PM me When you’re ready to sell as I’ve been looking. 

I am actually curious also about the different versions released. Not sure which ones contained the 7”. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I also bought mine from AuralExploits.  It came with with the 7"

I don't think there multiple pressings.   Ten Club sold 1000 and AuralExploits sold whatever they had (still not sure how they got access to them).   They were all from the same pressing.  AuralExploits ones weren't packaged well and the record tore through the top of the gatefold on most them.

I don't think the next pressing occurred for several years when MusicOnVinyl did a reissue.
    Zod said:
    I also bought mine from AuralExploits.  It came with with the 7"

I don't think there multiple pressings.   Ten Club sold 1000 and AuralExploits sold whatever they had (still not sure how they got access to them).   They were all from the same pressing.  AuralExploits ones weren't packaged well and the record tore through the top of the gatefold on most them.

I don't think the next pressing occurred for several years when MusicOnVinyl did a reissue.
    Thanks a lot - that is helpful! Mine has the split on top, as well.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2021
    There’s only 1000 total of the Vinyl Films pressing.  Tenclub had some. Aural had the rest. 

MOV was bigger. 

There’s an Urban Outiftters pressing too but it’s like a budget version.  No booklet and no gatefold.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    There’s only 1000 total of the Vinyl Films pressing.  Tenclub had some. Aural had the rest. 

MOV was bigger. 

There’s an Urban Outiftters pressing too but it’s like a budget version.  No booklet and no gatefold.  
    Thanks everyone for helping to sort this out! I think it's all clear now. There are 1000 of the original pressing records from Vinyl Films, and they include the 7''.  Awesome :)