2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Looks like the best we could muster up is Andy Dalton. All I can say is wow. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited March 2021
    hahaha.....sorry, getting hopes up for Russell Wilson and landing on Andy Dalton is kind of funny.

Is there still hope for Wilson and Dalton might just be a back up?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    hahaha.....sorry, getting hopes up for Russell Wilson and landing on Andy Dalton is kind of funny.

Nope, not with their cap space.  They dropped $10 million on Andy Fucking Dalton.

FUCK!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    mca47 said:

Nope, not with their cap space.  They dropped $10 million on Andy Fucking Dalton.

FUCK!
    You'd have been better off getting in on the Carson Wentz sweepstakes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mca47 said:

FUCK!
    You'd have been better off getting in on the Carson Wentz sweepstakes. 
    Yeah, I was very much on team "I don't want Carson Wentz in Chicago".
    I would take Carson Wentz now.

FUCK!

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I don't even know what to say anymore.  What an absolute joke of an organization.  Andy fucking Dalton.  Unreal.

Nothing left to say. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I gotta say....I think it happens and I think it happens soon.

#RW3inChicago
    ^^^This guy....what a fucking idiot!  :s
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

#RW3inChicago
    Been so many signs of this, all along!
    :lol:.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

#RW3inChicago
    Been so many signs of this, all along!
    :lol:.  
    🤣 Awesome! Very well played.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    bbiggs said:

Nothing left to say. 
    The graphic should also highlight that Trubisky was drafted ahead of Mahomes & Watson to paint the complete grim picture.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    What an absolute clown act at Halas Hall.  It starts at the top with George McCaskey.  He's too much of a pussy to fire anyone and is way too comfortable just keeping the status quo.  Letting Pace continue to make these decisions at QB is just absurd.  The Bears are a complete laughingstock in this league.  It's just sad.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

Did anyone really think the Bears were going to land Wilson? Seriously?

And if you take Daltons career stats? Had they been with him wearing a Bears uniform? He would be considered the Greatest Bears Quarterback of all-time. Just sayin.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

:lol:

Did anyone really think the Bears were going to land Wilson? Seriously?

And if you take Daltons career stats? Had they been with him wearing a Bears uniform? He would be considered the Greatest Bears Quarterback of all-time. Just sayin.

Not really.  Main issue is that Pace is still the one making decision at QB.

Dalton isn't as bad as people make him out to be.  But at this point in his career he's not much of a difference maker.  
    Well, at least we didn't get Watson and all of his upcoming legal battles.
    Though, I guess if Big Ben got through it, so can he...

Maybe...

We'll see. 
    Wow!  Love it.  Can't believe Fields dropped that much.  Did not see that coming at all.
    Wow!  Love it.  Can't believe Fields dropped that much.  Did not see that coming at all.
    I feel like I've been hearing recently that he was expected to drop. I might like it better if this organization would have shown even the slightest ability at ANY point in my lifetime to develop a QB.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    hope he works out for you guys.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Chicago Bears, the NFL franchise that's never had a great QB drafting a kid from The Ohio State University, the biggest NCAA powerhouse to never develop a good NFL QB...what could possibly go wrong?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I think they should sit him behind the red rifle for the entire year.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:

Dalton is washed up - get Fields in there in the first half of the season, if not to start.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    I guess we now know which QB in this draft will be the bust….
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Poncier said:
    The Chicago Bears, the NFL franchise that's never had a great QB drafting a kid from The Ohio State University, the biggest NCAA powerhouse to never develop a good NFL QB...what could possibly go wrong?
    Sid Luckman was a great QB.
    Yes I know he played a very long time ago.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Wobbie said:

Dalton is washed up - get Fields in there in the first half of the season, if not to start.
    Hopefully Fields starts on the bench for the first few weeks at least.  Feels like it is detrimental to a lot of these QBs that get thrown in there right away before they are ready.  But yeah, assuming Dalton will suck and Fields will be in there by week 6 or 7.
    Wobbie said:

Hopefully Fields starts on the bench for the first few weeks at least.  Feels like it is detrimental to a lot of these QBs that get thrown in there right away before they are ready.  But yeah, assuming Dalton will suck and Fields will be in there by week 6 or 7.
    I think if he's ready he should be given the opportunity to start.  From what I've read, other than Lawrence, he was the most NFL ready QB of the lot.  I say, see what happens in camp, and if he's clearly out performing Dalton and Foles, you start him.
    The Bears now need to focus on getting a left tackle to help give him some time.
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

I think if he's ready he should be given the opportunity to start.  From what I've read, other than Lawrence, he was the most NFL ready QB of the lot.  I say, see what happens in camp, and if he's clearly out performing Dalton and Foles, you start him.
    The Bears now need to focus on getting a left tackle to help give him some time.

Oh yeah if he's clearly the best guy then get him in there.  Just don't want them to force him in there before he's ready.  I do like the idea of him having 2 veteran guys in Dalton and Foles to learn from on how to prepare, read defenses, etc.  I was completely apathetic about the Bears before last night....now they sucked me back in!!
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

Oh yeah if he's clearly the best guy then get him in there.  Just don't want them to force him in there before he's ready.  I do like the idea of him having 2 veteran guys in Dalton and Foles to learn from on how to prepare, read defenses, etc.  I was completely apathetic about the Bears before last night....now they sucked me back in!!
    Same.  I was expecting them to draft another TE to go with the 8 other TEs we already have.  
    Very Bears-like.
    I know a lot who feel we gave up too much, but considering how much we would have had to give up to get a Russel Wilson (and no, I'm not saying Fields is anything near Wilson) I don't think it's too bad.
    ARob has to be fn thrilled!!!
    Can't wait for the season to start.