Options

Official East Rutherford Setlist Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748
    kjf223 wrote:
    you guys think there's any chance of getting 2 msg shows in leg 2? they can't skip the garden, can they?

i doubt it for leg two...but they may Come Back later on and surprise U.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    Didn't you all know? I phoned the future, and Light Years will be played on Saturday.

Oh how I wish I could be there for it... **le sigh**
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    Indifference!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Indifference!
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    hey, i'll be all for a 3 encore show in cinci. U guys deserve a little more love because U were the only place that got cancelled.

yeah, Unemployable is damn catchy. one of my favorites for sure. i love the imagery at the beginning with the "Jesus Saves" ring and punching the metal locker. his writing always paints great pictures for me.

that song is just GREAT. i love the story, i love the vocal part, i love the music (matt is freaking great). the first couple lines of every verse just drive me crazy. the vocal part is WONDERFUL!
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    ha ha! more leash. it's the new even flow. they shoulda played it on storytellers.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Sorry 'bout the echo there, but that one does deserve to be said TWICE, eh??
  • Options
    Niera wrote:
    Didn't you all know? I phoned the future, and Light Years will be played on Saturday.

Oh how I wish I could be there for it... **le sigh**

light years in cincy!!
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    kjf223kjf223 Posts: 4
    lol im prayin for another msg show like 2003, i didnt get in the irving plaza show and my sis is gettin married on saturday so no chance of going to jersey. i went to camden 1 tho - great show.... but im still prayin - nothing like PJ rockin the garden
  • Options
    Indifference!!

seems like this song is showing up more often this tour than on any since about '95 or so. which is a very good thing.
  • Options
    seems like this song is showing up more often this tour than on any since about '95 or so. which is a very good thing.

i'd love to see this as an opener. as with release, i think it would work very well.

• Options
    That's all, folks...
  • Options
    kjf223 wrote:
    nothing like PJ rockin the garden

well, after Irving Plaza i'd have to disagree. ;)

if they add the garden i'll see U there!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    i'd love to see this as an opener. as with release, i think it would work very well.

hmmm ... would be interesting. just seems like such a "winding down with a glass of wine" song ... just made for the last encore.
  • Options
    Ohhh nice!!!

They ended my first PJ show EVER with indifference.
    Toronto 2000. Was incredible!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:

hahaha ya don't pussy out like u did in 2003. Still kicking yourself for that one chucky??
  • Options
    Ohhh nice!!!

WOW... that's cool... I can't believe it, though!! Sounds beautiful.
  • Options
    Ohhh nice!!!

mine too. 'cept it was Austin 1995. :)

and ps ... I haven't heard it live since. fingers crossed for July.
  • Options
    ilonaroseilonarose Posts: 39
    That was the only time I almost got arrested...We were sitting 1st section from the stage, first row, on mike's side. I Lit something to smoke, and the people behind me told on me...a few minutes later, I had 1 security guard and about 10 cops confronting me, with everyone behind me pointing, saying it was her. I grabbed the rent-a-cop's arm and said I lit a smoke and I was sorry and I wouldnt do it again, please dont let them throw me out, lol. He said all was cool, told the cops it wasnt me and they went away. My husband and his friend were all pissed at me, was so funny. I have never been arested in my life, I fly to seattle for a PJ/REM concert and almost get arrested, was wayyyy too funny. It was a great night though, happy for anyone else that was there.
    Cleveland, 2000
    Las Vegas, Oct 2000
    Seattle, Groundwork Benefit, Oct. 2001
    Cleveland, Buffalo, Camden 2003
    Toledo, VFC, Oct 2004
    Pittsburgh, Open for Stones, Sept. 2005
    2006 - Cleve., NJ, Pitts.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
    None but ourselves can free our minds
  • Options
    Final Setlist:

Preset: Hide Your Love Away...Makes No Difference (w/mmj)

Main Set: Severed Hand, Corduroy, WWS, DTE, Marker in the Sand, GTF, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You/modern girl, Alone (messed up and restarted), Jeremy, Why Go, Life Wasted, RVM

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, Come Back, Footsteps, Once, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Comatose, Leatherman, Glorified G, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Indifference
  • Options
    Ohhh nice!!!

calm Down. ;)

THANKS EVERYONE...IT WAS FUN!
  • Options
    Ohhh nice!!!

indifference as a set CLOSER?! i like it. they end their albums with quiet ones, i've always wanted to see them end a show with a slow one like this.
    i would also love to see gone as a closer, i think it would just be...fitting (or off he goes, for the same reason). :)

• Options
    PJammin' wrote:

o man ill see you there buddy!.... ive never seen hail hail live, id love to see that one... and tremor christ!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    thanks for posting the setlist mel!
  • Options
    hahaha ya don't pussy out like u did in 2003. Still kicking yourself for that one chucky??

no, 'cause someone let me listen to Low Light. :p
  • Options
    Good Night, all!

WAY too much fun. :)
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    no, 'cause someone let me listen to Low Light. :p

and All or None! :)
  • Options
    they should play "garden" at the garden... i missed that one too, played it at camden 2 and i went to #1
  • Options
    night night everyone. thanks for the fun and for making me smile...i needed it. :)

• Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    i've always wanted to see them end a show with a slow one like this.
    Eh... Dont they always end with a slow one (yellow ledbetter) lol ;)
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)