Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Vault 47 sounds terrible. The mix is awful. If you want great Jack White of the same time, just listen to the Bonnaroo vault it is WAY better.
    Yeah something is wrong.  I turned it way up and it's better but I really can't believe he released this.  Roo is great. 
    I just got mine last week and have not had a chance to spin it yet.  Are other folks who listened also not happy with the mix?

• marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    I still have not gotten anything. Got a shipping label created back in February. Doesn’t look like it’s moved since then. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    CJ260717 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Vault 47 sounds terrible. The mix is awful. If you want great Jack White of the same time, just listen to the Bonnaroo vault it is WAY better.
    Yeah something is wrong.  I turned it way up and it's better but I really can't believe he released this.  Roo is great. 
    I just got mine last week and have not had a chance to spin it yet.  Are other folks who listened also not happy with the mix?

marjen said:
    I still have not gotten anything. Got a shipping label created back in February. Doesn’t look like it’s moved since then. 
    When you guys get around to listening to it, you will know within the first 20 seconds that the mix is horrendous.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    MedozK said:
    CJ260717 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

marjen said:
    When you guys get around to listening to it, you will know within the first 20 seconds that the mix is horrendous.
    Yep. I'll sell my copy minus the seven inch for $40.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    CJ260717 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

marjen said:
    35 for mine!

...I kid... sort of...

mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    CJ260717 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

marjen said:
    35 for mine!

...I kid... sort of...

I'm not......... B)
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    CJ260717 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

marjen said:
    35 for mine!

...I kid... sort of...

I'm not......... B)
    Hopefully that White Blood Cells package will be good.  It will be hard to top the original quality though.  The Icky reissue was slightly better, but the Consolers was definitely not.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    CJ260717 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

marjen said:
    35 for mine!

...I kid... sort of...

I'm not......... B)
    Hopefully that White Blood Cells package will be good.  It will be hard to top the original quality though.  The Icky reissue was slightly better, but the Consolers was definitely not.  
    Totally agree, I might sit the next one out.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wow. That bad?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mfc2006 said:
    Wow. That bad?
    Yep, I will never play the LPs again. Now the 7" is awesome.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    MedozK said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wow. That bad?
    Yep, I will never play the LPs again. Now the 7" is awesome.
    Wow—that sucks. Their releases are usually beyond solid.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just ordered 48. can't pass that one up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm just annoyed that it doesn't even come with White Blood Cells.  I mean I have a copy obviously, but I feel like it should be included.  He did for Icky release, but not for the S/T.  
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm just annoyed that it doesn't even come with White Blood Cells.  I mean I have a copy obviously, but I feel like it should be included.  He did for Icky release, but not for the S/T.  
    yeah, he bills these as "the companion to". I think that's smart actually. anyone buying these boxes are going to already own a copy of the original, and would probably feel jipped having to pay for the record again. instead they get an extra LP of other stuff. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    yeah, he bills these as "the companion to". I think that's smart actually. anyone buying these boxes are going to already own a copy of the original, and would probably feel jipped having to pay for the record again. instead they get an extra LP of other stuff. 
    I don't know man.  Two records and a DVD for $60 is not a great deal for a subscription.  I think it should be at least three.  And I would like a remastered, colored White Blood Cells.  Including that would be a great package.  Now it's mediocre.  I look back to what I think was the best one.. the Roo one where we got four records and DVD, a nice box and some other goodies.  That was his high point I think.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    De Stijl wasn't included in the De Stijl Vault either, though VMP offered a special version.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    De Stijl wasn't included in the De Stijl Vault either, though VMP offered a special version.
    Yeah I know and I dropped on all of those vaults.  I probably should have known this one but the only reason I'm in was because of that shitty sounding live performance last vault.  And then I knew it was going to be the anniversary for De Stijl, so I figured I'd hope for the best.  Maybe it's just on me, but I never play demos and those types of things.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't know man.  Two records and a DVD for $60 is not a great deal for a subscription.  I think it should be at least three.  And I would like a remastered, colored White Blood Cells.  Including that would be a great package.  Now it's mediocre.  I look back to what I think was the best one.. the Roo one where we got four records and DVD, a nice box and some other goodies.  That was his high point I think.  
    one record in a record shop often runs between $30-50 CDN where I live. so $60 US plus $10 shipping for all that is a decent deal to me. 

for some reason, for example, at Sunrise Records, Lightning Bolt is $89.99. I asked the clerk and he said it wasn't a mistake. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    one record in a record shop often runs between $30-50 CDN where I live. so $60 US plus $10 shipping for all that is a decent deal to me. 

for some reason, for example, at Sunrise Records, Lightning Bolt is $89.99. I asked the clerk and he said it wasn't a mistake. 
    I can see that for Canada..it's not terrible.  But a single record here is less than $25 unless you're talking about Tone Poet, Analog Productions, MOFI or other very high end records.  TMR doesn't quite hit that level.  A double should be low 30's.  
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

OK Good! It's not just me. I saw LB for $59.99 and couldn't believe my eyes. Sunrise is crazy overpriced, but still..

I should just go to the States when this is all over and go record shopping crazy...
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970

Q2 Package

Payment/Subscription Window: February 1 - April 30. 

Package Announcement: Early April 

Payment/Subscription Deadline: April 30 11:59:59PM CST. 

Package Shipment Date: Early-Mid June.

www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Definitely did not ship early-mid June
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

white blood cells package showed up yesterday. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    Which means I should have mine in about a month. 
    marjen said:
    Which means I should have mine in about a month. 
    I'm international and last name B, so I'm usually pretty close to the top. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Received in CA today.
    How is the package and quality? Last one was a dud of epic proportions. 
    haven't listened yet, and I will admit I'm no audiophile, so it's likely that, unless there are OBVIOUS issues to this layperson's ears, I'm not the one to rate it. 

the packaging is pretty cool. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Still waiting on mine to leave 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    I've been thinking about subscribing to Third man... some of these last few comments are giving me pause though... 

Would you guys recommend subscribing?