2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    23scidoo said:
    MIP

Yes, the whole team is overachieving.
    Saw them yesterday for fifth time this season and they look to me better every game!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MIP

Saw them yesterday for fifth time this season and they look to me better every game!!
    They are missing one guy with the "it" factor.  When they have that watch out.

What's great about this team is they actually play defense.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MIP

I am not sure they are even overachieving. I just think they are well coached and play really good defense. They appeared headed in the right direction for the first time in almost 30 years. 

Looking forward to them screwing it up this offseason though!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MIP

I am not sure they are even overachieving. I just think they are well coached and play really good defense. They appeared headed in the right direction for the first time in almost 30 years. 

Knicks fans are usually delusional but I will agree with you on this.  I think they are overachieving though.  They are missing a part and will get tossed early in the playoffs, that is just the cold hard truth.

They need one really good player and then they will be something to reckon with.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Thibodeau's calling card has always been defense.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MIP

Knicks fans are usually delusional but I will agree with you on this.  I think they are overachieving though.  They are missing a part and will get tossed early in the playoffs, that is just the cold hard truth.

They need one really good player and then they will be something to reckon with.
    I don't think they're going past the first round either and they definitely need another piece or two. But they seem like a 4 or 5 seed team to me and that's where they're at. 

I think they will be a tough first round match up though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Congrats!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Congrats!!
    LBJ is going to end up w more assists than Magic when his career is over.  That is wild.

Congrats CP3!
    Any philly fans care to explain what happened last night?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Curry has been on a historic roll of late. And I don't mean the one who plays for the Sixers.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Curry has been on a historic roll of late. And I don't mean the one who plays for the Sixers.
    Yeah but they lost a big lead and had a huge meltdown against the Celtics.  Weird, right?

Also the Jazz took a big turd against a starless Lakers team.
    Poncier said:
    And the Sixers were missing two starters. Curry is unreal. It happens .
    chinese-happy.jpg
    23scidoo said:
    Aw, that's a shame. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    23scidoo said:
    I was at the game. It hurt to watch the replay on the Jumbotron. 
    I paused it when it left his hand and it was a clean shot.  Nice effort on him.

I'm really happy at how he has been playing.  Now get Simmons to take a 3...
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Does the lighting in the stands seem as blue in person as it does on tv? I haven't been down since pre covid but just started noticing it when they let fans back in recently. Looks kinda cool
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Does the lighting in the stands seem as blue in person as it does on tv? I haven't been down since pre covid but just started noticing it when they let fans back in recently. Looks kinda cool
    I honestly did not notice one way or the other. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Oh yeah baby!!

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Oh yeah baby!!

LOL! Good job buddy, you made it 60% of the way to actually recreating that photo. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited May 2021
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Oh yeah baby!!

LOL! Good job buddy, you made it 60% of the way to actually recreating that photo. 

Wilt Chamberlains 100-Point Game Scoring Sheet Hits Auction Block

Post edited by cutz on
    Mr. James here in Greece we say, ''better to chew than to speak''..

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lebron-james-rips-play-in-tournament

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

What you think, maybe it's better for Celtics to lose tonight, so avoid Nets??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Celtics don't look good regardless.  They are a piece off still.
    23scidoo said:
    Lol yes. They should lose on purpose and risk not making it at all to play a team that has stomped them all year.

Please keep underestimating the Sixers. 
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol yes. They should lose on purpose and risk not making it at all to play a team that has stomped them all year.

76ers and Nets in the conference finals for me.  If the Knicks get hot though it might change.  Never did I ever think I'd say that about the Knicks this year...
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

76ers and Nets in the conference finals for me.  If the Knicks get hot though it might change.  Never did I ever think I'd say that about the Knicks this year...
    I think they’re for real and dare I say I kind of actually like them as a team. But Ben Simmons has literally never lost a game to the Knicks. Ever. He’s like 14-0 or something. 

I would be surprised/disappointed if it took more than 5 for the Sixers to handle them. Although 5 games with this Knicks team probably causes as much damage as 7 games with most other teams with the way these Knicks play.