Options

Has the box office ever released tix hours before the show?

Thanks Pearl JamThanks Pearl Jam Posts: 18
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
A guy I was sitting next to at the Wachovia 10/31/05 said he just purchased his tix before the opening band (SK) came on. And that he always gets tix that way. And we had awesome seats right next to the sound board.

Have you ever experienced this?
Do you think they will be doing on 6/3?

Obviously I want to go 6/3!
"I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
10/3/05 Philly,PA
5/13/06 Hartford, CT
5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    A guy I was sitting next to at the Wachovia 10/31/05 said he just purchased his tix before the opening band (SK) came on. And that he always gets tix that way. And we had awesome seats right next to the sound board.
    Have you ever experienced this?
    Do you think they will be doing on 6/3?
    Yes, I and lots of people have experienced it....especially for arena shows.
    Will they do it for 6-3? Most likely they'll release seats (on Ticketmonster) for 6-1 and 6-3 at the same time and I'd guess on the morning on 6-1 if not sometime on 5-31, if the PA is set up in the arena by then...
    Good luck...
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    I got floor tickets the morning of that same Philly show through TM. I think it depends on the venue and how many seats they reserve for comp's or high-end clients, how many they let the 10C allocate for members, etc.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    ive done it before, 4 of my friends got floor seats for Wachovia the afternooon of, i never seen anything like that before, but if you keep tryintg & are on top of it, you should get something
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    It has happened, for sure. Got 3rd row for Kissimmee 04 the day prior. Best of luck :) Might even try to upgrade myself now that I've had a taste. Thanks again for spoiling us Bill ;)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16

This is sometimes from ticket brokers giving tickets back at the last minute. For Camden 2 in 2003 my cousin snagged section 102 seats about a week before the show. For Reading 04, he also got decent seats a day before the show. So it never hurts to try every few days.
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    The band released tickets for the Vancouver show last year hours before the show. We showed up and we were lucky. We got sidestage on Mike's side.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Thanks for all the hope and encouragement about getting tix. I'm still persuing the ebay and CL path. Figure "God can move mountains but you have to bring the shovel".
    Peace
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    At 10:30 a.m. Saturday, I did not have tickets for Camden 2 (Sunday night), I had been trying all week with no luck. Then I was able to pull up 3 different singles, all very good seats (203 C, 201 H, 101 WC)...my fiancee and I ended up sitting in the 101 WC section. There were a few empty seats behind us and nobody ever asked her to move (not a wheelchair to be seen in the section). Really great seats...waitress service, great view of the stage...

BTW - if a kid who sat in the last row of 101 right in front of the WC section (homemade Vedder basketball tank top), is reading this, that kid rocked...both of us were going nuts the whole show...
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    6pm night of camden I - i got 104 row s

camden II i know someone who got 100 row G
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    yes, i got tix to both Camden shows the day of the shows. last minute thing to go so I never bought 10c tix.

hey Lou, glad to have ya back!
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    Xboxjunkie wrote:
    yes, i got tix to both Camden shows the day of the shows. last minute thing to go so I never bought 10c tix.

hey Lou, glad to have ya back!

traffic home today was not much fun :)

glad to be back... and glad to have my voice back :)

camden was a lovely place

but i think germantown ave was just as "nice"

wow am i glad to be home... i may drive through roxbury tomorrow just to remind myself how beautiful boston is
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    bostonlou wrote:
    traffic home today was not much fun :)

glad to be back... and glad to have my voice back :)

camden was a lovely place

but i think germantown ave was just as "nice"

wow am i glad to be home... i may drive through roxbury tomorrow just to remind myself how beautiful boston is

Roxbury looks like Beverly Hills compared to that place. Wow did i come out of this weekend with some stories to tell!

I drove HOME after the show!
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    "living is the best revenge" -ev
  • Options
    ive done it before, 4 of my friends got floor seats for Wachovia the afternooon of, i never seen anything like that before, but if you keep tryintg & are on top of it, you should get something

yeah, I'M ONE OF THOSE 4--actually, i think we got 5--that was awesome....BONES, i didn't know you posted on here! see you at crappy e rutherford and CAMPING!

also, for boston 2, i'm a dumbass and didn't get 10c seats and ended up in section 10--not bad, bought my tickets at around 4pm at the box office, day of... deshaun was with me though, and she got sec 14 or something, i KNOW she had a KILLER seat....and oscar got his shortly after, and got section 12.
    so, it can always be done. i've done it a bunch of times for non pearl jam shows....oh, yeah, and 2003 at PNC (holmdel) got grass seats at the b.o. day of....

i think it's ALWAYS do-able.....especially if you're looking for a single seat...
    that 5 together was sweet though. the pearl jam gods were smilin...

peace.
    LP
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    i went to camden II and bought my tix at 6pm and got 202 row r for 2 tickets they were pretty good seats.....i loved the show!!!
  • Options
    I always love seeing people from the show an hour into the drive home in the food courts of the service area. you can just tell they were from the show, got the munching and are spent from Rockin'.

What I hate to see are the people are driving drunk all over the road. That scares me. Inevidibly I see some sorry soul doing 90-100 ( know cause I'm doing 85) all over the road. Another sad site was coming from the Harford II show, and at a rest area close to NYC, these cops had this car barricaded in. As I looked more closely the passangers side of the car was spu-ed with puke and the girl was shit faced in the passager seat. The driver was sent home with her in a cab. Their car stayed there. NICe to see the TROOPERS giving someone a break. I was suprised to see that. I guess he wasn't that drunk.

Thank god they survived. Im glad i am straight at the concerts now. I can actually remember them and have an awesome time!!! F$%# yeah!
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    bostonlou wrote:
    6pm night of camden I - i got 104 row s

camden II i know someone who got 100 row G

Shit Lou! Me too! We were in the same row and I didn't get to say "HI". When you bought your tickets at the ticket window did you offer to sell a gentleman and his lady friend your lawn tickets?? If so, that son of a bitch with the dashing good looks was me.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"