Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson For POTUS?

124»

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    also, if the rock runs, i will never vote for him. i am so fucking sick of the circus celebrity bullshit in our politics.
    But what if his opponent in a general election was Trump?
    trump will not run again. he is out of ideas, and in 2023 relitigating the 2020 election and aftermath is a bad look. he will still be chanting "lock her up" from 2015.

but hypothetically speaking, i would stay home. i cannot support the reality show bullshit that a another trump or a rock presidency would bring.
    Fair enough. I know a lot of people get upset over the notion of not voting because you don't like either candidate, but I'm not one of them. I didn't vote for Biden or Trump. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    also, if the rock runs, i will never vote for him. i am so fucking sick of the circus celebrity bullshit in our politics.
    But what if his opponent in a general election was Trump?
    trump will not run again. he is out of ideas, and in 2023 relitigating the 2020 election and aftermath is a bad look. he will still be chanting "lock her up" from 2015.

but hypothetically speaking, i would stay home. i cannot support the reality show bullshit that a another trump or a rock presidency would bring.
    That's a tough one. I totally agree with you that I don't like the idea of contributing to a culture of electing celebrities. Is the Rock a good guy? Seems that way. But there's nothing in his past that tells me he's prepared for the job. It was my main argument about Trump (and I was right, though he ended up being awful in a myriad of other ways). I don't want the Rock to be president. Or to put it into our wheelhouse, I don't want Eddie, Jeff, Matt, Stone, Mike, or Boom to be president. I tend to agree with them more often than not (the more outspoken Ed and Jeff, anyway) but they're simply not qualified.

On the other hand, I'd actually have to consider voting for the Rock vs. Trump because I think Trump and MAGA have their eyes on one-party dictatorship. I believe the Rock is a conservative/moderate but I don't believe he'd have his eyes on autocracy. I think I'd have to vote for him over the nepotism, whining, victimhood, and possible dynasty and hope later that the presidency doesn't become a celebrity contest. In fact, I'd have to vote for him over any MAGAs (Hawley, Haley, Crenshaw, etc.). Given where the GQP is, I'd probably end up voting for him. Give me Kinzinger or Kasich on the GOP ticket and I would probably vote 3rd.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    If it came down to Trump Vs the Rock id vote rock
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    after further consideration i would have to vote for the rock over trump. he seems to at least be a decent person. in no way prepared for the presidency, but i think decency in the oval office and willingness to learn and listen to advisors is nearly as important as experience.

now, if it were between the rock and trump for prom king, i would go with the rock again.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    What about trump vs kid rock?

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    FiveBelow said:

or the rock vs kid rock, since trump may be in jail in 2024.

i'm team rock. the real rock, not kid rock.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    FiveBelow said:

I would storm the capitol to decertify those election results for sure
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    FiveBelow said:

Now there's one I'd sit out.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    A kid rock/ted nugent ticket is a sure fire winner. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    A kid rock/ted nugent ticket is a sure fire winner. 
    Ha, talk about a stranglehold.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I think this answers that:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/29/entertainment/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-interview/index.html

(CNN)Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has plenty of reasons to toast 2021 with some Teremana.

He produced and starred in two hit films, "Jungle Cruise" and "Red Notice," debuted his biographical sitcom "Young Rock," saw unprecedented sales growth with his Teremana tequila, and became the most followed American man on Instagram with 285 million followers.
    At 49, with grit, charisma and determination to "deliver the goods," Johnson has segued from professional wrestler to movie star, major entrepreneur and someone nearly half of America would like to see as the next president of the United States, according to one poll.
    CNN spoke with Johnson this week about his monumental year. He addressed hype around his possible return to the "Fast and Furious" franchise and his potential political ambitions. He also offered a glimpse at how he plans to top his blockbuster 2021.
    Our conversation, which has been lightly edited for flow and clarity, follows below.

click link for full article (he also talks about Vin Diesel's "manipulation")
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD