The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    And how did the New Haven pizza compare to any other favorites?

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Get_Right said:

As a whole they were superior, at least in terms of awesome places in such a small area.  Modern was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had and the others were all excellent 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Heated up some leftover Detroit for lunch. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Anyone ever have/try a pickle pizza?  The girl wanted to try it over the weekend.  I had never heard of it and thought it sounded gross, but on pizza night we make three pizzas.  We usually make a standard margarita and her and I come up with our own thing.

Well, it wasn't terrible.  Nothing I'd want to eat again, but, well....not terrible.  
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    mca47 said:
    Anyone ever have/try a pickle pizza?  The girl wanted to try it over the weekend.  I had never heard of it and thought it sounded gross, but on pizza night we make three pizzas.  We usually make a standard margarita and her and I come up with our own thing.

Well, it wasn't terrible.  Nothing I'd want to eat again, but, well....not terrible.  
    Nothing its terrible..its all matter of taste..
    when people say ''horrible, disgusting'', sounds so silly..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    dankind said:

We have an AWESOME new Detroit Style place in Natick, MA

Had it last week and was probably the best Detroit style I’ve had
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I ve never had Detroit style pizza, no one makes it around here.  @Weston1283 no pics of new haven pizza?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

We have an AWESOME new Detroit Style place in Natick, MA

Had it last week and was probably the best Detroit style I’ve had
    If you're ever up this way (Swampscott), try Volo's (pictured) and see how it compares.

My two friends in Natick (and now you as well) have talked up Square. It's definitely on the list of places to stop once we're mobile again.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Get_Right said:

As a whole they were superior, at least in terms of awesome places in such a small area.  Modern was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had and the others were all excellent 
    Hard to believe that some of the best pizza in the country is made in Connecticut.  I grew up in CT so I have been going to those places for decades.  Not a fan of Colony, too greasy for me.  CT also has killer greek style pizza, which I have yet to find here in NYC suburbs.
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ve never had Detroit style pizza, no one makes it around here.  @Weston1283 no pics of new haven pizza?!?!

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mcgruff10 said:

Awesome, thanks for the reports and the pics.
    None of those look like the clam ones New Haven is famous for.  I found FP's to be surprisingly good, but preferred their margherita by a large margin, if I recall.
    Standing in line for an hour when hungry will make most things taste good.  (Or like shit if you are irritated about the line!)

You had been to these places before?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:

That looks awesome.  Someplace has to open up around here, soon.

mca47 said:

Kinda sounds nasty but like most food, I would try it.  Even if someone said it was gross, I would still try.  Did you use different types of pickles? 
    Damn weston those pizza look outstanding.   Thanks for posting pictures.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mca47 said:

I've had a Cuban pizza before that had pickles and yellow mustard on it. Was actually really fucking good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    dankind said:

That looks awesome.  Someplace has to open up around here, soon.

mca47 said:

Kinda sounds nasty but like most food, I would try it.  Even if someone said it was gross, I would still try.  Did you use different types of pickles? 
    We used some homemade pickles.  The pickles themselves are damn tasty, but it was just weird on pizza.

Garlic-olive oil base.  Sliced pickles, a mix of motzz and Monterrey jack, fresh dill on top.  

Everything on its own is good, but together it was giving my brain mixed signals!  hahaha
    Yeah, I can see that.  Curious now to have a bite of that.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Oh yeah the one on the left!
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    edited April 2021
    ^agree. Wtf is on the right?! @mcgruff10 :o
    Buffalo chicken pie?
    RK50065 said:
    ^agree. Wtf is on the right?! @mcgruff10 :o
    Like Brett said, looks like Buffalo sauce (not a fan). 
    Yeah it was Buffalo chicken. Not the best but decent. The one on the left was killer and will make for a tasty breakfast in a few hours. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Tried my first attempt at homemade dough Friday night.  It did not go well.  Luckily I had a frozen pizza as a backup.
    How can we help?
    :)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

What in sam's hell is happening here?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My favorite got smooshed some being on the bottom of the pile I carried from the shop.
    Manco & Manco
      Top 2 pizza place, for me.  So good!

I suck as a delivery guy but I paid for it so they can suck it up, lol